The Student Room Group

University Starter Pack

well good.
Yeah, seems pretty decent.
Lol´d at the coasters though :P they´ll be the ones left unused at the back of your cupboard.
Reply 3
Thanks for posting the link
Do you seriously think you're going to be bothered to cart all of that to and from uni, and use it once you're there?
Reply 5
Original post by TheSownRose
Do you seriously think you're going to be bothered to cart all of that to and from uni, and use it once you're there?

The point is you cart it to uni and keep it there?

Some of it seems a bit useless for most students, but it seems to be a good deal at first glance.
Original post by A.J10
The point is you cart it to uni and keep it there?

Some of it seems a bit useless for most students, but it seems to be a good deal at first glance.

It has to leave with you at some stage...

It's a good deal if you're going to use it, which forms the second part of the question.
There is a 20 piece set which seems much better for students tbh :smile:
I know it's only £10 cheaper but there is a lot in the other set IMO that would never get used

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8614319.htm
Reply 8

For most students, it's a good deal anyway, as it gives them a set of their own cooking stuff for when they move into their own place. Whether or not they use it all throughout their time at uni, it'll be good after that as well.
Original post by Hylean
For most students, it's a good deal anyway, as it gives them a set of their own cooking stuff for when they move into their own place. Whether or not they use it all throughout their time at uni, it'll be good after that as well.

It could be many many years before people starting university this year move into their own place, a long time to store it. And in many families there's a willing set of grandparents, aunts and uncles who will give them most - if not all - of that stuff for free. Besides, I know many adults whose 'cooking' wouldn't use most of those items. :p:

If you could find a set that consists of a single saucepan, a microwave and a bottle opener (maybe a wooden spoon and set of cutlery too), that would seem to be the more appropriate one. :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
It could be many many years before people starting university this year move into their own place, and in many families there's a willing set of grandparents, aunts and uncles who will give them most of that stuff for free.

Besides, I know many adults whose 'cooking' wouldn't use most of those items. :p:

So do I, but it's still a good deal. Gives them an actual set of cooking ware, not just a mismatch bunch of handmedowns. And at 29.99, it's not going to break the bank. Hell, I'd love to have a set like that, personally.

Average student's life is one year in accommodation, two years in a flat and then however many years in different flats. Whether or not their cooking uses it, it'd still be a good deal to have all that. But nyah, you have a valid point.
Reply 11
I guess it's decent. However I have to wonder about the quality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending