Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shorty's Summer Transformation

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd start this now. I was going to wait until I did the pics etc but as I'm royally pissed off - hailstorm car damage anyone? - I thought I'd channel my energy here.

Start stats
    Height: 5'0
    Weight:
    BMI:

Aim
    Weight: 126lbs -> Less body fat
    Improve ability

My current plan of attack is to get into a routine of resistance and HIIT exercises and see how much improvement I can make.

More importantly I'll be coming up with a diet that provides enough energy without having too much of a surplus. Possibly low carbs apart from the pre-exercise meal, where I'll use complex carbs. Might even start with an initial protein only diet, just for the duration of this week, to feel a little less like ****.

Happy transformation everyone.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    So day 1 is a fail already but as I'm in a grump I thought I'd get it all down so that I can start fresh tomorrow.

Crisps
    Sausage roll
    Cupcake
    Chicken wrap & berries
    Something for tea

I'm gona be brutally honest as it makes me think more. I don't ever want to have to post this kind of food again :stomp:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will be watching your progress. :smug: Good luck.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Will be watching your progress. :smug: Good luck.
    Haha you too dude. I'll watch you as well and try to benefit from the motivation
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, I'll be watching your progress!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay, so glad you're doing this again!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Yay, so glad you're doing this again!
    There's still plenty of progress to be made! Anyway I have events coming up that I want to feel better for so I'm here to find motivation
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Posting to sub, I'm excited to see how you do!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Starting today. Not the best week for me to be taking photos and trying to change habits but I'll suck it up for the good of my health and body image

Was feeling in such a hole yesterday - see OP - but while in bed (before 9pm :ninja:) I decided it's just a post-hectic month-low, and that I just need some sort of focus and to get my ass into. So lucky for me this has come around at the right time :awesome:

Breakfast:
    Watermelon

Lunch:
    Salad with tuna in vinegar

Dinner:

Exercise:
    Uh... tbc. Maybe resistance style circuits.

Actually considering my aims for gymnastics I wouldn't mind putting in some stuff for upper body strength (core strength I guess too). Any suggestions, please let me know, other than that I'll be doing weighted upper body workouts.

(Original post by InketyDink)
    Posting to sub, I'm excited to see how you do!
    Excited might be a bit strong
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Push-ups.. dynamic lunges ~ though that's for legs.

Planks too, and crunches/situps maybe.. hmm I mainly only know/do leg stuff :getmecoat:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)

Excited might be a bit strong
    Yes, well, it's my first time taking part in something like this so I am honestly looking forward to watching everyone's progress and the such ^_^
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Push-ups.. dynamic lunges ~ though that's for legs.

Planks too, and crunches/situps maybe.. hmm I mainly only know/do leg stuff :getmecoat:
    Cheers dude. Gona try to make these sort of things a bit more intense though.

(Original post by InketyDink)
    Yes, well, it's my first time taking part in something like this so I am honestly looking forward to watching everyone's progress and the such ^_^
    Yeah I really enjoyed it last time! And blogging helps so much.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually considering my aims for gymnastics I wouldn't mind putting in some stuff for upper body strength (core strength I guess too). Any suggestions, please let me know, other than that I'll be doing weighted upper body workouts.
    Pull ups, chin ups, bench press, military press, kettle bell lifts, lateral raises, pec flys (use cables for that if you can) etc.

Does you gym have an assisted pull up machine? Much better than the lat pull down bar in my opinion. And if it does not have that does it have cables you can simulate pull ups and the like with?

I just hate the lat pull down machine because I have never ever ever seen anybody use it correctly.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Classical Liberal)
    Pull ups, chin ups, bench press, military press, kettle bell lifts, lateral raises, pec flys (use cables for that if you can) etc.

Does you gym have an assisted pull up machine? Much better than the lat pull down bar in my opinion. And if it does not have that does it have cables you can simulate pull ups and the like with?

I just hate the lat pull down machine because I have never ever ever seen anybody use it correctly.
    I won't have access to a gym. There just isn't any point in the price and 30 mile round journey when I'll not be able to use it most of summer.

My barbell and some improvisation will have to suffice. And there's plenty you can do in youor own space to improve strength. Cheers for input though.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Today's food was finished off with a chilli chicken oat bran pancake. God I love those things.

Want to be able to do handstand press ups so have decided to start with headstand-handstand press. Unfortunately I can JUST about get up, only with some leg press. But that's fine, somewhere to work from.

Playing about with speedy press ups - normal ones. Some weird core exercises to hopefully spur on the gymnastics and some control stuff to help with upper strength. Workouts will get better. Promise.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Today's food was finished off with a chilli chicken oat bran pancake. God I love those things.

Want to be able to do handstand press ups so have decided to start with headstand-handstand press. Unfortunately I can JUST about get up, only with some leg press. But that's fine, somewhere to work from.

Playing about with speedy press ups - normal ones. Some weird core exercises to hopefully spur on the gymnastics and some control stuff to help with upper strength. Workouts will get better. Promise.
    I like this.. seems like we'll be doing some similar things during the next 12 weeks. Never knew you did a bit of gymnastics, that's where the majority of my movements derive from.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: I can hold a handstand but that's about it atm. They made us kneel on very tall boxes and do it from there which was fun trying to get off! How's your general gymnastics going?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    :ditto: I can hold a handstand but that's about it atm. They made us kneel on very tall boxes and do it from there which was fun trying to get off! How's your general gymnastics going?
    Haha sounds interesting? What's wrong with just kicking up and squeezing your butt trying to hold it upside down?

It's going really well thanks! Progressing and learning new things sooner than I expected. Sadly I miss the next two sessions, then it's off for two weeks and then I'm on holiday for a week Been keeping up with your blog? How's the IF working out for you? Your training has looked strong!

Also, it's nice to have something to gear strength and training towards. There's a huge part of me that really wants to do crossfit though. I SO wish there was small local group to join :moon:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Today:

Forgot to make lunch again - I'm such a fail. So I have scotch eggs (NOM) and a fat free yoghurt. To be fair, I've always wanted to add more dairy...

We're off for a carvery tonight, so I'm not going to eat too much between lunch and then, and I'll try to keep low on carbs - though the yorkshire puddings are hard to resist.

Good news is, I have a good 2 hours between finishing work out going out, so I'll make use of it and put in some hard work. What that will be, I know not. Not aching much from push ups yesterday so I won't slack. I won't.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Posting to sub, I'll keep an eye and hopefully we can motivate each other in these threads!

You off on holiday too? I have a week in Amsterdam in august so a break from the gym... hopefully it won't effect our progress too much!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 8, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.