The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

adult nursing at bournemouth university

is anyone else on here starting Adult Nursing at Bournemouth University in September? Who's placement locality is also salisbury? :smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey i am starting bournemouth university in sept aswell but i am studying at UCY, are you at the bournemouth site or yeovil one? im sure i will still meet you and see you whichever site your doing it at as we come to bournemouth one day a week :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
I'm actually at bournemouth university site :smile:
Reply 3
I'm also at the bournemouth site.. Ru moving into halls? X
Reply 4
Hi I'm Emma,
I'm starting at Bournemouth uni in september though my placement is Poole as I live locally. So I won't be moving into halls.

I am a mature student and I have just completed my access course and have the grades I need so it's all go for september.

Getting very excited!!
Reply 5
Hi

I am starting nursing in September and Bournemouth and placements will be Salisbury, Andover, Fordingbridge and Westbury (rather large area!!!) only just been told I have a place as was orginally starting in Feb next year. Need to get my skates on and get organised!!! A lot to do and no idea where to start!
Reply 6
Emzee - that is also my placement locality so you'll probably be with me lol
Reply 7
I'm starting adult nursing at Bournemouth in September too! My placement locality is Bournemouth. I currently live in Manchester so will be moving in September, will be renting a room in Winton!
Reply 8
Manchester to Bournemouth? Wow that's quite a move :smile: I'm from the Isle of Wight so not really got far to go! Am looking forward to meeting you all, it's so exciting thinking about Uni :smile: x
Reply 9
A very big move indeed! I am absolutely terrified!! Xx
Reply 10
aw :smile: it's cool, i know the feeling i'm nervous too! xx
Reply 11
abbyreed - Are you staying in Bournemouth or closer to Salisbury?
Reply 12
I'm staying closer to Salisbury x
Reply 13
Hi
im not sure if ive posted this in the right place but im starting adult nursing at bournemouth in september, placement locality ive been given is Salisbury and not sure if any one else here with the same placement has sorted accomodation for this? by the sounds of it its quite far away
Reply 14
Hiya, my placement locality is Bournemouth and I will be staying in nursing residences at Bournemouth hospital. My friends locality is Salisbury and she was told she would be better living in Salisbury nursing residences as they provide a subsidised bus to lectures and your living closer to placement areas. It looks quite nice there, they have a lounge with a bar and an onsite gym. Hope this helps xx
Reply 15
Hi Jade yh that did help a lot thanks i was just worried i would be the only one not living in main bournemouth accomodation was slightly worried, hoping its not too tricky getting around freshers week etc. thanks again :smile:x
Reply 16
do you know what the accomodation is salisbury is called/ does it have a website?x
I've been accepted by Bournemouth for child's nursing and I'm also placed at Salisbury. I can't wait! Although I'm worried about how far away it is from the uni especially for freshers.
Reply 18
Hiya, glad it helped! The information about hospital accommodation is on Bournemouth university's website under accommodation for health and social care students, here is the link: http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/accommodation/contacts_and_rents_for_hospital_accommodation.html#3

Just chose your course and locality and it will give you the contact details for Salisbury. I'd do it ASAP if I were you as I know they are allocating rooms at the moment.

During freshers week the university bus is free, I'm not sure if it goes to Salisbury you'll have to check that out but for lectures if your staying in Salisbury nurses residence my friend told me the uni provide a free bus to take you to lectures etc. her locality is also Salisbury.

Jade xx
Reply 19
That's great thanks again jade :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending