Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey! I'm new! :)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I'm a newbie (eeek!) and just thought I would introduce myself. So here goes.

I'm Sophie, I'm 18, after exploring this site, you will most likely find me delving into the Healthcare and Nursing forum, as well as the Nursing and Midwifery forum cause I am 99% sure I want to do a degree that helps me qualify as a Learning Disabilities Nurse and a Social Worker, cause all I know is that I want to work with those who have disabilities. Erm...enough about the future. I am currently finishing my A-Levels and am going to college in September to get some more life experience! I enjoy Martial Arts - especially the traditional side of it, because I do Freestyle Kung Fu and Kickboxing. I have a lot of life ambitions and hopefully will make some good friends on here.

As you can probably tell I studied English at A-Level because of my rant above. Sorry guys! But that's just me.

Sophie!
    • 165 followers

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Welcome to TSR!

:tsr:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Welcome I just joined yesterday too, hahah
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :hello: Welcome to TSR!

:tsr:
    Thanks! (:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lovely. Passion for success is definitely the key......thumbs up!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieleannexo)
    As you can probably tell I studied English at A-Level because of my rant above. Sorry guys! But that's just me.
    What? We can tell this because you used the English Language in a completely normal way? If you had wrote your post in the form of a haiku then this statement would make sense, as it stands it does not.

Welcome to TSR, the only place online where you can guarantee a bored student will pick on everything you say
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    OP you are English not American...say University or Uni not College.

But other than that welcome!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my U20i
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lovely. Passion for success is definitely the key...thanks guys.....

Equity Tips
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    What? We can tell this because you used the English Language in a completely normal way? If you had wrote your post in the form of a haiku then this statement would make sense, as it stands it does not.

Welcome to TSR, the only place online where you can guarantee a bored student will pick on everything you say
    Sorry! But thanks!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gm15)
    OP you are English not American...say University or Uni not College.

But other than that welcome!

I am going to college and uni! (: but ok!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I am going to college and uni! (: but ok!
    But that's not what you said. You may be finnishing A levels at a college now then going on to uni later. But what you said was that you were finnishing A levels (now) and in september you were going to college for life experience...so you you used college for where you were going in september (uni).

• 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gm15)
    But that's not what you said. You may be finnishing A levels at a college now then going on to uni later. But what you said was that you were finnishing A levels (now) and in september you were going to college for life experience...so you you used college for where you were going in september (uni).

I have finished my A Levels at school. I am going to college in September to do a qualification in H&S care then in 2014 will hopefully be going to uni! (: sorry if that wasn't made clear from the outset. Do you understand what I mean now?

Sophie.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have finished my A Levels at school. I am going to college in September to do a qualification in H&S care then in 2014 will hopefully be going to uni! (: sorry if that wasn't made clear from the outset. Do you understand what I mean now?

Sophie.
    yes I get it now. but you can see why I thought you were using college to describe uni? As most people don't finnish A levels then go to college to do some other course then onto uni.

meh doesn't matter

Welcome!
    ps what is H & s?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gm15)
    yes I get it now. but you can see why I thought you were using college to describe uni? As most people don't finnish A levels then go to college to do some other course then onto uni.

meh doesn't matter

Welcome!
    ps what is H & s?
    Haha! I'm different, I have to get more experience in order to get onto the course I want to do at uni! And H&SC is just health and social care.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 3, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.