(Original post by blueray)
My policies (which green members can modify etc):
1) After the olympics:
Regenerate the most deprived area of newham in east london and create a legacy for youth, of the olympic games
Convert the olypic park to make it into a world class sports park. Youth from the area and the UK will compete in a national games for the youth every year.
This will encourage sporting competition amoungst the youth and they will go onto develop and become ambasadors for the area, regenerating the area.
2) Work with researchers to come up with a small device (one switch that turns of all electrical appliances in the home)
This will help save so much enregy in the long run and make it easier for people.
3) All new buildings will have to be to a "green standard" it will subsidiesd by the goverenment, from scrapping a nuclear weapons program.
4) Run electiricy from the national gird, from renewable energy. It can be run from hydrogen and wave alone. Don't belieive me? http://www.hydrogen.co.uk/h2/h2_page2.htm
5) Introduce motion panels that generate elecitry when you walk/drive over them, eg in the motorway and busy roads, we would generate a lot of electricity.
6) Eventually stop imports of non eco friednley products
7) Make cheap public transport, the more people you have using it, the more money you generate and the more you can improve it.
8) Introduce borris bikes all over the uk and have more cycle lanes to remove saftey fears.
9) Have two supplies of water, one pure and one less pure, eg for toilet water.
Education you can help modify them etc:
1) Pay schools bonuses for sucess, to compete with private schools.
2) Have more scolarships for the best students in comprehensives.
3) Give schools the ability to kick out disruptive pupils more easily, so it doesn't influcence the ones that wanto to learn.
4)Have more khan academy ie videolearning, for more slower pupils, ie if the teacher is too fast.
5)Maybe have bording schools for disruptive pupils and change their mindset, ie make them value education and show them it's a path out of poverty eg "chavs" who don't see he point in learning
6)Have an apprenticship style UCAS system, so that more practical pupils can see the value of their apprenticships. And make our manufacturing economy better.
1) Have an improved NHS
2) Don't waste money on too many cosmetic that are not vital (Acceptable would be burn treatments etc) jobs etc, this money could be saved on much better treatment
3) Have an option to DONATE for your treatment or donate in general, this money wont go to middle men it will go to a NHS development team leading in trying to create a better nhs, eg advanced treatments etc
4)Allow plant only herbal medcine into the country eg auyvedic medicine, which is proven to help people, otherwise I and loads of other millions of people wouldn't take it.
5) Stop coperations like sugar and coke etc trying to lobby the government to change laws on what we know is bad for us.
6) Stop public money being wasted on botched privatisation schemes.
The yearly cost of these privatisation schemes is over £1billion pounds and we are the ones left to foot the bill.
7) Award NHS doctors/ dentists/ surgeons bonuses on how well their treatment goes, this would stop all those quicky sub standard jobs many do now.
Provide incentives, not just punishments!
etc policies comming up.
Fellow green members feel free to modify/quote / agree/disagree etc