Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The TSR Green Party: Policies

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just what TSR needs, another party on the left. Still, the last attempt at a Green party was shut down so there is grounds for optimism.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHansa)
    @internetguru

What do you personally think that the migration policy should be?
    I would have a similar immigration policy as Australia. Only let people in who are likely to be earning at least an average wage or have money to invest.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhadamanthus)

The same way he'll split the water into two different 'types'.
    Lots of countries reuse 'greywater' in agriculture to cut down on unnecessary waste. It's a perfectly viable policy.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lots of countries reuse 'greywater' in agriculture to cut down on unnecessary waste. It's a perfectly viable policy.
    Yes, in agriculture; not in their loos.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Greywater can be used in toilets, it then just becomes brownwater.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Fellow members please do not quote anyone else apart from each other.
    You would find a lot more people might be attracted to this party if you weren't quite so aggressive or bossy with people.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My policies (which green members can modify etc):

1) After the olympics:
    Regenerate the most deprived area of newham in east london and create a legacy for youth, of the olympic games
    Convert the olypic park to make it into a world class sports park. Youth from the area and the UK will compete in a national games for the youth every year.
    This will encourage sporting competition amoungst the youth and they will go onto develop and become ambasadors for the area, regenerating the area.

2) Work with researchers to come up with a small device (one switch that turns of all electrical appliances in the home)
    This will help save so much enregy in the long run and make it easier for people.

3) All new buildings will have to be to a "green standard" it will subsidiesd by the goverenment, from scrapping a nuclear weapons program.

4) Run electiricy from the national gird, from renewable energy. It can be run from hydrogen and wave alone. Don't belieive me? http://www.hydrogen.co.uk/h2/h2_page2.htm

5) Introduce motion panels that generate elecitry when you walk/drive over them, eg in the motorway and busy roads, we would generate a lot of electricity.

6) Eventually stop imports of non eco friednley products

7) Make cheap public transport, the more people you have using it, the more money you generate and the more you can improve it.

8) Introduce borris bikes all over the uk and have more cycle lanes to remove saftey fears.

9) Have two supplies of water, one pure and one less pure, eg for toilet water.

Education you can help modify them etc:

1) Pay schools bonuses for sucess, to compete with private schools.

2) Have more scolarships for the best students in comprehensives.

3) Give schools the ability to kick out disruptive pupils more easily, so it doesn't influcence the ones that wanto to learn.

4)Have more khan academy ie videolearning, for more slower pupils, ie if the teacher is too fast.

5)Maybe have bording schools for disruptive pupils and change their mindset, ie make them value education and show them it's a path out of poverty eg "chavs" who don't see he point in learning

6)Have an apprenticship style UCAS system, so that more practical pupils can see the value of their apprenticships. And make our manufacturing economy better.

Health:
    1) Have an improved NHS

2) Don't waste money on too many cosmetic that are not vital (Acceptable would be burn treatments etc) jobs etc, this money could be saved on much better treatment

3) Have an option to DONATE for your treatment or donate in general, this money wont go to middle men it will go to a NHS development team leading in trying to create a better nhs, eg advanced treatments etc

4)Allow plant only herbal medcine into the country eg auyvedic medicine, which is proven to help people, otherwise I and loads of other millions of people wouldn't take it.

5) Stop coperations like sugar and coke etc trying to lobby the government to change laws on what we know is bad for us.

6) Stop public money being wasted on botched privatisation schemes.
    The yearly cost of these privatisation schemes is over £1billion pounds and we are the ones left to foot the bill.

7) Award NHS doctors/ dentists/ surgeons bonuses on how well their treatment goes, this would stop all those quicky sub standard jobs many do now.
    Provide incentives, not just punishments!

etc policies comming up.

Fellow green members feel free to modify/quote / agree/disagree etc
    1) I don't like the idea. We will already have a lot of debt following the games so to incur more for sentimental reasons would be reckless.

2) There is already something like it is called the button in electrical box. We don't need research and I don't really think there is much demand for it, if there were private industry would already have done it.

3) I disagree with subsidising it, this can be done without the subsidy.

4) Some questions. How much would it cost? Does the technology currently exist? Is the power reliable at all times? What is the lifespan of the technology e.g. will it break in 2 years time?

5) How much would it cost and is it necessary if we already have plenty of hydrogen power?

6) So we would prevent private companies and citizens from importing stuff?

7) How much would this cost and how many people do you estimate will use it? Also what are the prices to use it?

8) How much would the borris bikes cost and are cycle lanes really necessary? I can cycle in the road just fine no helmet required.

9) How much would it cost to dig up ground, roads etc all over the UK to put in a second pipeline?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Would this not just result in schools deciding to only pick the most academically capable students resulting in a two tier system of schooling? I suppose this is sort of like bringing back Grammar schools which I do not oppose.

5) Interesting idea although I'm not so sure about whether it will succeed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Your health policies seem like fluff most of them sound really weird and unlikely to do much.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    How exactly will you generate electricity from 'motion panels'? :rolleyes:
    Do you know what kinetic energy is? Can't believe this.

Go on baby! Punish me!

The same way he'll split the water into two different 'types'.
    Are you actually stupid? This is why I said we need a green party, we have incompetent fools like you, who know nothing what so ever.
    • 34 followers

So, will you be responding to questions about policies in this thread?
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Might as well, seeing how ignorant some people are.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    How would this work for driving? Surely lots of the energy from the car would be lost to the environment, rather than it all being converted?
    A lot less energy would be lost because the kinetic energy would create electrical energy via the panels.
    The pollution etc, can be controlled from the electronic car pricing.

Feel free to add other policies.
    Can't believe you are even commenting.

(Original post by JPKC)
    Greywater can be used in toilets, it then just becomes brownwater.
    He sums it up well, the other comment will be deleted.

(Original post by Birchington)
    You would find a lot more people might be attracted to this party if you weren't quite so aggressive or bossy with people.
    I am fair with people who have sense, I even gave internetguru 3 chances.
    You should read some of the pm's I get. :rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A lot less energy would be lost because the kinetic energy would create electrical energy via the panels.
    The pollution etc, can be controlled from the electronic car pricing.
    I'm confused. The kinetic energy comes from chemical energy in the engine, but to maintain the same speed and turn the generator on these panels, more kinetic energy would be needed, so more chemical energy would be used, but some energy would not be converted to a useful form so this would surely fail? Photovoltaic panels set into roads however...

I like the education policy
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    He will, with such enlightened answers as, "Are you actually stupid? This is why I said we need a green party, we have incompetent fools like you, who know nothing what so ever."
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. The kinetic energy comes from chemical energy in the engine, but to maintain the same speed and turn the generator on these panels, more kinetic energy would be needed, so more chemical energy would be used, but some energy would not be converted to a useful form so this would surely fail? Photovoltaic panels set into roads however...

I like the education policy
    Yeah I mean actually panels in the road that would generate electricity when the car moves over it.
    Haha thanks, got any suggestions, such as on banking? Any regulation or no regulation?

He will, with such enlightened answers as, "Are you actually stupid? This is why I said we need a green party, we have incompetent fools like you, who know nothing what so ever."
    If you continue to take this as a joke and continue to have no knowledge on green topics whatsoever, then yes I will use this language as it is suited to your ignorance.
    It is the only way to get through to you and mazzini. (words sound familiar?). This is a serious thread, I don't have time to waste on uneducated simpletons, who have no knowledge on how green technology works. Which is precisely why this thread was intended for green party members.
    If you all try to be "blunt" to me, I will be "blunt" to you.

If anyone has serious comments, then post, if not then stick to your party.
    • 81 followers

Some thoughts from me:

• Reduce corporation tax to encourage new businesses to set up.
    • Cut government spending in some areas to help tackle our debt. I'm not completely sure what areas we should cut spending, but I don't think we should cut spending considerably in the NHS, schools or defense.
    • Reduce benefits to give people more incentives to work.
    • Bring back the EMA to encourage some students to continue with education beyond the age of 16.
    • Reduce university fees.
    • Introduce more capital allowance schemes to encourage more investment and research into new technology.
    • Subsidise public transport to encourage more people to use it.

The suggestions are a bit vague atm but I just want to know everyone's opinions/ideas on them?
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I mean actually panels in the road that would generate electricity when the car moves over it.
    Haha thanks, got any suggestions, such as on banking? Any regulation or no regulation?

If you continue to take this as a joke and continue to have no knowledge on green topics whatsoever, then yes I will use this language as it is suited to your ignorance.
    It is the only way to get through to you and mazzini. (words sound familiar?). This is a serious thread, I don't have time to waste on uneducated simpletons, who have no knowledge on how green technology works. Which is precisely why this thread was intended for green party members.
    If you all try to be "blunt" to me, I will be "blunt" to you.

If anyone has serious comments, then post, if not then stick to your party.
    'Uneducated simpletons'? :rofl: Well, the language of snobbery seems to work well for real politicians, I'm sure you'll do just as well using it. And what on earth is 'words sound familiar?' supposed to mean?

Good luck drawing in the voters, mate.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Uneducated simpletons'? :rofl: Well, the language of snobbery seems to work well for real politicians, I'm sure you'll do just as well using it. And what on earth is 'words sound familiar?' supposed to mean?

Good luck drawing in the voters, mate.
    You have to cheeck along with mazzani to try and comment on our policies, by taking them as jokes, and your lack of basic knowledge has proved that you are both jokes.
    Thanks; people tend to vote serious people, not clowns who know nothing.

If you say "what about Borris?", then I say he does know "a bit", now stop commenting, unless it is serious.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Some thoughts from me:

• Reduce corporation tax to encourage new businesses to set up.
    • Cut government spending in some areas to help tackle our debt. I'm not completely sure what areas we should cut spending, but I don't think we should cut spending considerably in the NHS, schools or defense.
    • Reduce benefits to give people more incentives to work.
    • Bring back the EMA to encourage some students to continue with education beyond the age of 16.
    • Reduce university fees.
    • Introduce more capital allowance schemes to encourage more investment and research into new technology.
    • Subsidise public transport to encourage more people to use it.

The suggestions are a bit vague atm but I just want to know everyone's opinions/ideas on them?
    Great ideas as always USY

The reduction of coperation tax, would definatley help.
    Yes we can stop going to wars to reduce some costs
    EMA....not too sure about that, a lot of people spent it on smoking etc (chavs etc),
    Instead have voulchers for books, stationary etc to ensure they only spend it on that
    Yes don't want uni fees to be too high, it will put off too many people.
    Great!

Want to comment on mine etc?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reduce foreign aid in order to have more money to implement these projects. Sorry world you may die today but we will save your ancestors by preventing global warming.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My policies (which green members can modify etc):

1) Pay schools bonuses for sucess, to compete with private schools.

3) Give schools the ability to kick out disruptive pupils more easily, so it doesn't influcence the ones that wanto to learn.

5)Maybe have bording schools for disruptive pupils and change their mindset, ie make them value education and show them it's a path out of poverty eg "chavs" who don't see he point in learning
    I agree with all apart from the above, you education polices seem a bit to extreme for me, we should not pay bonuses to school, they should be working to the highest standard or not at all. Kicking out the disruptive pupils will only lead them into the benefits trap, we need centers in schools to deal with theses kids and make them into better people who can earn an honest living, its achievable.
    Boarding schools for disruptive sounds to extreme and would be a border line prison, we have these, lets get trained professionals to work with these children and help them adapt to mainstream education.

Housing, we need more of it and not destroy the countryside, so a law that means if a house is vacant for more then a few months then it must be surrendered and used for social housing , this will ease the stain on the waiting lists aswell. And embark on a rehousing program which moves single/couples out of there 3 bed council house into a smaller flat that is suitable and give the house to a family needs it, this will be compulsorily and if they dont like it then they will have no house.

I agree with more money into public transport, it should be cheaper to get the bus then drive, at the moment its not!.

Compulsorily recycling of cooking oil into bio diesel which will pay for itself and maybe even a profit.

Withdraw from all our current war commitments, there expensive and cause way to much damage, yes we are doing to protect the citizens, but really its not our job to police the world of all danger. We need to focus on rebuilding the country at the moment.

Banking reform, sounds like a brave idea but.... Nationalize the banks. Im not sure how but the government would do a better job and looking after and lending money to the normal people. Probably have to leave the business banks but i think the voters would be up for a National bank after all the trouble they have caused us.

These are my Ideas, so what do you think Green party?

(Sorry about spelling , spellcheck is broken and I cant spell haha)
Updated: July 5, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.