Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

The TSR Green Party: Policies

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    You sure half of the chavs don't even know how the gov works or who the pm is....but I see your point
    What exactly do you mean when you refer to someone as a "chav"? I used to wear tracksuits and **** about in parks drinking and and doing all of the other things people generally associate with "chavs" and I know perfectly well "how the gov works or who the pm is" and so did plenty of the people I knew - certainly to at least as high a standard as the average person (read: non "chav"). I know it is the done thing to use "chav" as a synonym for nescient idiot but I am always interested to know exactly what somebody is trying to say when they say these sorts of things.

I'm not attacking you (yet ) I'm just interested.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't get involved in wars, try to make the world green, bring pressure on countires that are
    polluting too much via bad PR rep.
    Ok this is all very nice, but let's be detailed. How would you achieve your second and third aims? What about your first policy? What would you do on that front with the army? Frankly these policies sound all very nice, but they're all rather empty. Now, what would you do with Europe? What about foreign relations? Whom would you seek to build foreign relations with? What is your attitude to sanctions? What sanctions would you favour towards Iran for example?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Ok this is all very nice, but let's be detailed. How would you achieve your second and third aims? What about your first policy? What would you do on that front with the army? Frankly these policies sound all very nice, but they're all rather empty. Now, what would you do with Europe? What about foreign relations? Whom would you seek to build foreign relations with? What is your attitude to sanctions? What sanctions would you favour towards Iran for example?
    Diplomacy would be the most effective method of influencing other countries. I wish to maintain the army but use it only for defensive purposes. We would recommend EU withdrawal if we have a world free trade pact. We seek to build relations with all countries and will have a pact of neutrality with all nations similar to that of Switzerland. We would not place sanctions on any country as they will damage our economy and only lead to more tension and ultimately war.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So are we pro chav or anti chav?
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    Over the past few days, what progress have we done as a party?
    Well as I pmed you, we asked for a thread, we didn't get one until we showed policies, we managed to get 15 members and lots of interest.
    And now we are discussing policies and developing our ideas Have you got any?
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    What exactly do you mean when you refer to someone as a "chav"? I used to wear tracksuits and **** about in parks drinking and and doing all of the other things people generally associate with "chavs" and I know perfectly well "how the gov works or who the pm is" and so did plenty of the people I knew - certainly to at least as high a standard as the average person (read: non "chav"). I know it is the done thing to use "chav" as a synonym for nescient idiot but I am always interested to know exactly what somebody is trying to say when they say these sorts of things.

I'm not attacking you (yet ) I'm just interested.
    When I say chav I mean violent ones with no knowledge of the news and cause nothing but havoc, FYI I have friends like you describe, so don't get me started, or even think for a moment that I don't know what they are like .

(Original post by orange'94)
    So are we pro chav or anti chav?
    Anti of course :lol: We are trying to change their mindset.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    We have many aims, quote please.

The bellow answers the foreign policy. Sanctions on Iran would only lead to terrorism here and more money spent on war, be neutral until we are directly effected.

(Original post by internetguru)
    Diplomacy would be the most effective method of influencing other countries. I wish to maintain the army but use it only for defensive purposes. We would recommend EU withdrawal if we have a world free trade pact. We seek to build relations with all countries and will have a pact of neutrality with all nations similar to that of Switzerland. We would not place sanctions on any country as they will damage our economy and only lead to more tension and ultimately war.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    Ok so basically we're allowing Assad to go on killing Syrian citizens, but we won't put sanctions on him to try to stop him doing that. With regards to an army, don't you think that it's contradictory to be pacificist, sign neutrality pacts, but then maintain an army.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    Of course I know what kinetic energy is. What I was asking is how are you going to convert the kinetic energy of the car into electrical energy in the panel?

And if you do manage to, then surely that would slow down the car somewhat?
    There are many types we would see prototypes and use the best ones and see which is most effective. The one I know the most about uses two fibers, which the car would go over.
    The two fibers scrub would together just like two bottle brushes with their bristles touching, and the piezoelectric-semiconductor process converts the mechanical motion into electrical energy.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll post... I like being punished
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I say chav I mean violent ones with no knowledge of the news and cause nothing but havoc, FYI I have friends like you describe, so don't get me started, or even think for a moment that I don't know what they are like .

Anti of course :lol: We are trying to change their mindset.
    How old are you? I'm assuming 12 or 13? This isn't an issue as such because age shouldn't mean people can't join in but some of the posts you make cause me to question your maturity. The point is you know some "chavs" and the attitudes and opinions they have are not representative of all "chavs". However, you have given your definition as being a person who is violent, has no knowledge of "the news" (pretty much impossible assuming no disability that would make it impossible) and who causes nothing but havoc. I assume, then, that this would apply to a well educated 45 year old immigrant man living homeless on the streets of Leeds, speaking no English and forced into violence and criminality to survive? Is this person a chav? He has no knowledge of "the news" and is nothing but violent :holmes:

I'm just messing with you with the last case but I guess I'm just trying to make clear that "chav" doesn't really mean anything when being used to refer to a distinct(ish) group.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

The bellow answers the foreign policy. Sanctions on Iran would only lead to terrorism here and more money spent on war, be neutral until we are directly effected.
    Sounds a bit risky... essentially what you are saying is that we should wait until they get a nuclear bomb, and then intervene. Common sense would dictate that its better to intervene in whatever way we can before they have nuclear capability
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are many types we would see prototypes and use the best ones and see which is most effective. The one I know the most about uses two fibers, which the car would go over.
    The two fibers scrub would together just like two bottle brushes with their bristles touching, and the piezoelectric-semiconductor process converts the mechanical motion into electrical energy.
    How would the car's kinetic energy get into the panel when it's got no contact with the panel at all though?
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    How old are you? I'm assuming 12 or 13? This isn't an issue as such because age shouldn't mean people can't join in but some of the posts you make cause me to question your maturity. The point is you know some "chavs" and the attitudes and opinions they have are not representative of all "chavs". However, you have given your definition as being a person who is violent, has no knowledge of "the news" (pretty much impossible assuming no disability that would make it impossible) and who causes nothing but havoc. I assume, then, that this would apply to a well educated 45 year old immigrant man living homeless on the streets of Leeds, speaking no English and forced into violence and criminality to survive? Is this person a chav? He has no knowledge of "the news" and is nothing but violent :holmes:

I'm just messing with you with the last case but I guess I'm just trying to make clear that "chav" doesn't really mean anything when being used to refer to a distinct(ish) group.
    Believe it or not, this is a student forum.
    It seldom happens that a premature shoot of genius ever arrives at maturity.
    You know what a chav is, if you don't then go live in totenham for a week and go outside at night every night and come back and talk and see if you have not changed.
    I will explain later on, movie is on atm.
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not, this is a student forum.
    It seldom happens that a premature shoot of genius ever arrives at maturity.
    You know what a chav is, if you don't then go live in totenham for a week and go outside at night every night and come back and talk and see if you have not changed.
    I will explain later on, movie is on atm.
    I'm aware it is a student forum and I didn't say I had any issue with you being a child I was simply asking.

No, I know what various people consider a "chav" to be, which is a very different thing. So now we need extend your definition to mean somebody who talks like somebody you might find outside in "totenham". I look forward to the post you have claimed will be an explanation but I may not reply as I feel like I'm bullying a kid and that's not very nice XD
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok so basically we're allowing Assad to go on killing Syrian citizens, but we won't put sanctions on him to try to stop him doing that. With regards to an army, don't you think that it's contradictory to be pacificist, sign neutrality pacts, but then maintain an army.
    We have very little trade with Syria anyway so I doubt it will weaken the regime although I do not oppose selling arms to the rebels. No maintaining an army is still necessary to protect our country.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    How exactly will you generate electricity from 'motion panels'? :rolleyes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlNw5ZuDYsk
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stanlas)
    Sounds a bit risky... essentially what you are saying is that we should wait until they get a nuclear bomb, and then intervene. Common sense would dictate that its better to intervene in whatever way we can before they have nuclear capability
    Common sense also says there is isn't enough evidence to suggest they are developing one. Common sense also says a country wouldn't be stupid enough to get a crappy nuke then use it immediately.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    A few problems, just on this one bit of science. It would require a flexible road surface, which would be less energy efficient for the car to drive over, which essentially means you'd be using very small petrol plants to produce power. As you should know, smaller scale energy conversion is less efficient than large scale conversion, so you'd be better off with an oil power station.

Also, hydrogen is not an energy source. It is a storage medium.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:

What evidence do you have to back up the claim that sanctions would 'lead to terrorism here'?
Updated: July 6, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.