The Student Room Group

We Need more people like this in society

Scroll to see replies

Really following in the footsteps of Ghandi and Martin Luther King isn't he.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
It always amazes me when so many people gather arond this sort of ****
Reply 22
Original post by ufo2012
As title, good guy stands up for what he thinks:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2167727/Man-caught-camera-smashes-mobile-phone-shop-bizarre-rampage.html

Not happy with your contract, sir? Man caught on camera as he smashes up mobile phone shop in bizarre rampage

[video="youtube;VbnEB9ntztY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbnEB9ntztY&list=UUXX8zMWdLVhryTQJQpujHZw[/video]

That's Manchester. I always knew Mancunians were the craziest.
to be honest, why not?

phone shops are the worst places, threatening and menacing, cramming contracts down peoples throats and bamboozling customers with 'deals' which just act like a ball and chain.

wish i had the balls to do this, if everyone smashed up a phone shop this would be a better world. sigh
Reply 24
Original post by Fynch101
So did the Nazi Party.

:fuhrer:

I don't think the guy is quite Hitler, just one man standing up for himself and against his ******* mobile phone contract.

Not exactly something that changes a nation.

Original post by Chillywilly93
to be honest, why not?

phone shops are the worst places, threatening and menacing, cramming contracts down peoples throats and bamboozling customers with 'deals' which just act like a ball and chain.

wish i had the balls to do this, if everyone smashed up a phone shop this would be a better world. sigh

I've run out of rep but :thumbsup: for those thoughts!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Yeah he seemed unsettlingly calm, just casually going about his business lol
Reply 26
Original post by Minotauro
Yeah he seemed unsettlingly calm, just casually going about his business lol

A smart guy, he knows what he is doing :smile:
Original post by ufo2012
A smart guy, he knows what he is doing :smile:

So smart he's tarnished his name with a criminal sentence. lololooooolollolololloolol
Reply 28
Original post by ufo2012
:fuhrer:

I don't think the guy is quite Hitler, just one man standing up for himself and against his ******* mobile phone contract.

Not exactly something that changes a nation.

You've completely missed the metaphor - the point is that throwing your toys out of the pram when you don't get what you want leads to chaos.
Original post by ufo2012
As stated before, he is standing up for himself.

So instead of replying to me earlier, you just negged me and continued to continue your ignorant moronic childish bullcrap?

"Standing up for himself" is not an excuse. You seem to be bleating this repeatedly as if it's some irreducible moral act that we ought to respect as a personal right, but you're using the term in a completely fallacious way.

As I showed you, he is a criminal, who by the reports we've heard so far, was upset at not being offered a refund, so he trashed the entire shop. It draws parallels to a child lying down and crying when you don't buy them sweets at the supermarket. It's pathetic and he ought to be ashamed of himself, unless he has some serious mental health defect we do not know about.

You, quite frankly, are an idiot. Supporting this kind of destructive, childish act is mind-numbingly stupid on your part.

In a modern, civilized society, people "stand up for themselves" by acting in an appropriately proportioned response. That's why people like Malcolm X during a period of serious threats to civil liberties and personal safety argued for violence and civil disobedience. Someone who is upset with their service provider cannot claim to have a similar need to kick off, destroy other people's property, ruin other people's jobs and livelihoods and disrupt the normal lives of other people. It's unbelievably selfish and downright repulsive. People like you make me sick to the bone.
Reply 31
Original post by The Patriot
So instead of replying to me earlier, you just negged me and continued to continue your ignorant moronic childish bullcrap?

You, quite frankly, are an idiot. Supporting this kind of destructive, childish act is mind-numbingly stupid on your part.

In a modern, civilized society, people "stand up for themselves" by acting in an appropriately proportioned response. That's why people like Malcolm X during a period of serious threats to civil liberties and personal safety argued for violence and civil disobedience. Someone who is upset with their service provider cannot claim to have a similar need to kick off, destroy other people's property, ruin other people's jobs and livelihoods and disrupt the normal lives of other people. It's unbelievably selfish and downright repulsive. People like you make me sick to the bone.

I am sorry, but to quote you, "you are the idiot" here - I did not neg you, I don't even have any points left to do so.

And I repeat again and quote you again... "you, quite frankly, are an idiot", for you did not ask a question that I could reply to.

If you did so, where is it? (previous to your most recent post)

Why did I quote you? Because your small mind formed the opinion that I am the idiot here.

If I believe he is right, then that I what I believe.

Likewise, if you believe he is wrong, you are also entitled to that opinion - doesn't mean I think you are an idiot because of that.

BUT, only because of the the 2 points above, to quote you again, "you, quite frankly, are an idiot".

Thank goodness we don't have to agree!
(edited 11 years ago)
The things on the wall came down surprisingly easily...
I don't understand how this is a 'good' thing....:confused:
Reply 34
You don't need to destroy other people's property in order to stand up for yourself; it's just idiotic as he is clearly in trouble and just cost the shop quite a bit of money to repair the damage, plus he unnecessarily used the fire extinguisher and that's unforgivable...
Am I the only one who thinks that OP decided to make a sarcastic post, then as people took them seriously, turned it into a successful troll thread?
Reply 36
Original post by lightburns
Am I the only one who thinks that OP decided to make a sarcastic post, then as people took them seriously, turned it into a successful troll thread?

It's not sarcastic, or a troll.
Original post by ufo2012
It's not sarcastic, or a troll.

Ah, but the best trolls would never admit to being trolls.

:hat2:
hahahaha there's about 2000 people watching
Reply 39
Original post by lightburns
Ah, but the best trolls would never admit to being trolls.

:hat2:

lol :smile:

It's not a troll thread, someone has actually agreed with me already.

I am guessing there are others also but some are too afraid to speak up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending