The Student Room Group

What could i do that would help me to get into uni?

I just wondered what i can do that would make me more likely to get a place at uni. I am confident about my grades, i work hard and i think i will achieve good enough grades at my AS/A Level when i start in September, i just don't know what extra activities i should be doing?

Do you universities consider other accomplishments outside of your academic achievements? I don't do much outside of school. I really don't know what hobbies/activities will help me to get into uni, or what they are looking for? I'm really worried about this, and i'm panicking that i should of done something before now.

So i guess the main question is, what sort of achievements other than grades do universities look for, and how important are they if you've got good grades?

Thank you for any help!:smile:
What course do you want to do at uni? It can help to maybe read around it or get some work experience. In my experience for geography I just went to one or two lectures and got four offers, grades seems to count for more I think!
I want to take either Biomedical sciences or Biochemistry. I aspire to work in research labs when i leave.

So did you not do many other activities? What grades did you have if you dont mind me asking ? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ChloeBazingaa
I want to take either Biomedical sciences or Biochemistry. I aspire to work in research labs when i leave.

So did you not do many other activities? What grades did you have if you dont mind me asking ? :smile:

Really nothing.

Get good grades, and write a good PS, basing it on genuine interests around a topic that is explained in a relatively high level book demonstrating your flair and interest in Biomedical sciences.
Thank you for your help. This has stopped me worrying so much about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending