The Student Room Group

2013 Finance/Accountancy Internships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm on 4 year course wIth my third year abroad. Could i still apply for a 2013 summer internship?? I know it technically won't be my penultimate year but i'm a bit worried about trying to apply for things and have telephone interviews etc in my 3rd year when i won't be in the UK :s-smilie:

Any suggestions are really appreciated :smile:
i would get some help from an Internship company! I found a great one where they found me a placement originally for three months is fashion PR but ended up being longer and now Iwork there full time. It was only partially subsidized at first!! If you need advice Pm me!! :smile:
Original post by Student1234567
Anyone applied to Deloitte yet?
Any tips on how to answer the questions?

And how quickly do you think they will fill up?
thanks

Do some research.

www.wikijob.co.uk

No way of knowing how quickly as we only accept the right people no matter how many applications are received. Get in there early to avoid disappointment.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Brotherhood
Do some research.

www.wikijob.co.uk

No way of knowing how quickly as we only accept the right people no matter how many applications are received. Get in there early to avoid disappointment.

Yeah I'd already looked at wikijob.

Just wondering what experience people have to put down on the application?
I only have one Accountancy work exp, the others are one banking work exp, and one sales assistant job. I'm wondering whether this will be enough?
Any work experience is worth mentioning on your CV. Employers are looking for transferable and generic employability skills and are less concerned about any professional or technical experience you might or might not have.

I think mosy big players will be opening their schemes next month.

My university worked with an external partner last year who provided some kind of finance career discovery programme that helped students become better prepared for applying for finance grad scheme positions. I can't recall the partners name but am willing to have asearch through my notes if anyone's interested.
Original post by RufusWilliam
Any work experience is worth mentioning on your CV. Employers are looking for transferable and generic employability skills and are less concerned about any professional or technical experience you might or might not have.

I think mosy big players will be opening their schemes next month.

My university worked with an external partner last year who provided some kind of finance career discovery programme that helped students become better prepared for applying for finance grad scheme positions. I can't recall the partners name but am willing to have asearch through my notes if anyone's interested.

Yes please! It would be much appreciated! :tongue:
I hope KPMG open the rest of their Audit/Tax vacation programmes soon. They opened London exclusively a week or so ago. Ernst and Young and Deloitte have been open for a month and PwC should be opening mid August.
Can you apply to more than one office at the big 4?
Reply 48
Hey guys for EY is it neccessary to attach a cover letter? Thanks
The name of the company that came to our uni to provide big4 application support was called Journey To Work

They were good, hope this helps.

mod note: your link is invalid.
Original post by GlassesFreak
Yes please! It would be much appreciated! :tongue:

Journey to Work.

They were good

mod note: your link is invalid.
Reply 51
Have the Ernst and Young Actuarial summer insight internships already closed?
Reply 52
Have just been invited to the online numerical reasoning stage of the application for Deloitte. Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for this stage? Particularly those who've done the Deloitte test before, but any help would be appreciated. (I've already looked at the examples they give on their site). Thanks!
Original post by Aquinas
Have just been invited to the online numerical reasoning stage of the application for Deloitte. Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for this stage? Particularly those who've done the Deloitte test before, but any help would be appreciated. (I've already looked at the examples they give on their site). Thanks!

Just practice really. There are a couple of free tests floating around on Wikijobs, SHL, AssessmentDay and e-financial careers. The format will vary but the basic questions and calculations are the same. Brush up on reading graphs and tables, percentages, ratios and currency conversion.
Reply 54
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Just practice really. There are a couple of free tests floating around on Wikijobs, SHL, AssessmentDay and e-financial careers. The format will vary but the basic questions and calculations are the same. Brush up on reading graphs and tables, percentages, ratios and currency conversion.

Cheers AGI. Nice, helpful post. Will check the aforementioned sites out. Have you done a numerical reasoning test for one of these internship application processes before?
Are you guys including a cover letter for your applications? or just a cv?
Should i submit my applications now?
is it likely to be too late to apply for london offices come september?
Also how long are the telephone interviews with pwc, kpmg and ey?
Reply 56
Original post by EdHawks
Have the Ernst and Young Actuarial summer insight internships already closed?

I think so. They had been phoning me for a couple of weeks for a telephone interview (I was hiding from it, until I had a chance to prepare :P). Anyway, monday first thing they told me they were no longer interested.
Reply 57
Have Deloitte closed all their internship slots now? Can't find any on the website...

Managed to balls up my E&Y one too :frown: Got a phone interview with KPMG soon though, fingers crossed...
Original post by jimmeh
Have Deloitte closed all their internship slots now? Can't find any on the website...

Managed to balls up my E&Y one too :frown: Got a phone interview with KPMG soon though, fingers crossed...

Oh crap. THey have the industrial placements?
Reply 59
Anyone know when KPMG Consulting internships open?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending