The Student Room Group

2013 Finance/Accountancy Internships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
In - completing my KPMG Audit Vac. Scheme application as we speak.
Original post by LZRSWRD
In - completing my KPMG Audit Vac. Scheme application as we speak.

London? I wish they would open up the regional offices.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

ditto! and for pwc!
Reply 63

Yep London for Audit. Gotta do this SJT thing for KPMG, anyone got any pointers, first internship application, so not sure what to expect.
Original post by Student1234567
ditto! and for pwc!

Is this for Assurance or Tax? If so, PwC is open. I think their website is a bit glitched to look for 2012 vacancies rather than 2013. Have a look here: http://www.ukcareers.pwc.com/PwCGradWeb/Searches/VacancySearch.aspx?Site=Graduate&LoggedOut=true

Original post by LZRSWRD
Yep London for Audit. Gotta do this SJT thing for KPMG, anyone got any pointers, first internship application, so not sure what to expect.

SJT is basically just asking you what you would do in certain work situations, which is sorted by the best thing you could do and the worst thing you could do. The best approach is just common sense. Have a look at their competencies too if you wish to tweak your answers a bit but there's really no preparation you can do for it. The best answer is usually the one which is least disruptive/stressful/annoying/rude to others (clients, colleagues, managers, yourself). For example, there may be a situation where you might be asked whether you would cancel a social date you had been planning for a long time in order to finish work. The most prudent answer would probably not be an instant 'yes'. Instead you could ask the manager how flexible the deadline was or you could prioritise the deadline work over other work etc. If a client kept putting off giving you information despite a deadline, the best thing would probably be to mention this to the manager and ask just how flexible the deadline was, with the worst being to send an email to the client for the 10th time patching in your supervisor and manager for extra authority. These are just examples really. Stick to common sense and you should get through fine. :smile:
Reply 65
Ape Gone Insane

SJT is basically just asking you what you would do in certain work situations, which is sorted by the best thing you could do and the worst thing you could do. The best approach is just common sense. Have a look at their competencies too if you wish to tweak your answers a bit but there's really no preparation you can do for it. The best answer is usually the one which is least disruptive/stressful/annoying/rude to others (clients, colleagues, managers, yourself). For example, there may be a situation where you might be asked whether you would cancel a social date you had been planning for a long time in order to finish work. The most prudent answer would probably not be an instant 'yes'. Instead you could ask the manager how flexible the deadline was or you could prioritise the deadline work over other work etc. If a client kept putting off giving you information despite a deadline, the best thing would probably be to mention this to the manager and ask just how flexible the deadline was, with the worst being to send an email to the client for the 10th time patching in your supervisor and manager for extra authority. These are just examples really. Stick to common sense and you should get through fine. :smile:

Thanks for the advice, gave it a shot, results are made avaliable in 48 hours so shall see, in the meantime also started my application for E&Y for Audit London although this really caught my eye aswell:

"Ernst & Young Global Student Exchange

An 11-week internship that includes four weeks in one of our international offices and our week-long International Intern Leadership Conference in Florida. It's a great opportunity to meet over 1,500 interns and some of our business leaders from all over the world."

Is it possible to apply for Audit and this student exchange or am I only limited to applying for one? Obviously I wouldn't be able to fit both into a summer but am I restricted for applying for one or the other?
Original post by LZRSWRD
Thanks for the advice, gave it a shot, results are made avaliable in 48 hours so shall see, in the meantime also started my application for E&Y for Audit London although this really caught my eye aswell:

"Ernst & Young Global Student Exchange

An 11-week internship that includes four weeks in one of our international offices and our week-long International Intern Leadership Conference in Florida. It's a great opportunity to meet over 1,500 interns and some of our business leaders from all over the world."

Is it possible to apply for Audit and this student exchange or am I only limited to applying for one? Obviously I wouldn't be able to fit both into a summer but am I restricted for applying for one or the other?

I'm pretty sure the one application rule would still apply. But if you want to be sure, just send their recruitment team an email and they'll get back to you.
Reply 67
I'm guessing pwc aren't open as I can't find anything on their website for the moment. I'm kind of applying to Audit without really considering any of the other smaller roles such as Risk etc even though I may be better suited to them. I dunno, I just think Audit will be less competitive and stuff even though it probably won't be.
Original post by LZRSWRD
I'm guessing pwc aren't open as I can't find anything on their website for the moment. I'm kind of applying to Audit without really considering any of the other smaller roles such as Risk etc even though I may be better suited to them. I dunno, I just think Audit will be less competitive and stuff even though it probably won't be.

Need to look harder. :tongue: Here you go: http://www.ukcareers.pwc.com/PwCGradWeb/Searches/VacancyDetails.aspx?VacancyId=c66d03ccff8d42c4a4eb05d518f12149&LoggedOut=True&Site=Graduate&EntryRoute=bc02770666fb4bb1ab65fe80a7dd4fda&BUArea=a63b1089177245cea707e107739a745c&IntakeYear=ab8ac359643441d6966887cac6366bcc&GenericLocation=3df8a9d08f31488ca05441a879e4b472&PageNo=1&StartPage=1&OrderBy=loc

Audit comes under Assurance remember!
Reply 70
I have some numerical/ verbal/ logical reasoning tests coming up. I have been using SHL but with only one example it's not overly useful.

I considered buying the tests on wikijobs, anyone any tips on this or how to practice tests in general?
Reply 71
I messed up my pwc application by not submitting all my info but still got given links for numericals. When I called them up, they said they'd get someone to call me back from "Processing" to help me sort it out but alas no call. Might just give the numerical a go..
big 4 auditing internships 2013?
Will places still be available at london offices if i apply mid/late september??
Reply 73
Just took the Deloitte Numerical reasoning test. No idea how it went. I managed to answer all 18 questions but the last question I really wasn't sure about and the first two questions too. We'll have to wait and see :s-smilie:
Is this for Assurance or Tax? If so, PwC is open. I think their website is a bit glitched to look for 2012 vacancies rather than 2013. Have a look here: http://www.ukcareers.pwc.com/PwCGradWeb/Searches/VacancySearch.aspx?Site=Graduate&LoggedOut=true

ahh, great, thanks!!
Reply 75
Original post by Student1234567
Me too, don't think it went very well but who knows. I'm not sure if it even saved because when I finished the Deloitte page had timed out and signed me out :s-smilie:
When you log in on yours does yours say 'completed' for the test? mine says 'continue test' :s ill see if it changes overnight otherwise i'll have to ring/email! :frown:

On the Deloitte page I no longer have the option of the test so I assume it submitted them.

There were like 2 or 3 questions I was unsure about but I put what I thought.

But it's annoying because there are only 18 questions so even if you get like 1 or 2 wrong that massively drops the percentage.

Anyone know the rough pass mark for Deloitte to get invited to the e-tray?
Woohoo! I passed the numeracy test. E-tray next - think ill find this v hard as never done one before.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 77
KPMG numerical is f'ing ridiculous man, not sure I've made it -.-
Original post by LZRSWRD
KPMG numerical is f'ing ridiculous man, not sure I've made it -.-

Yes, yes, it is. But they do have low thresholds as a result. You have to be in the 30th or above percentile in order to progress as they pass 70% of people (so you only have to be better than 30% of people that took the test). How many questions out of the 24 do you think you answered correctly?
Reply 79
Yes, yes, it is. But they do have low thresholds as a result. You have to be in the 30th or above percentile in order to progress as they pass 70% of people (so you only have to be better than 30% of people that took the test). How many questions out of the 24 do you think you answered correctly?

Like seriously, probably 7 -.-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending