The Student Room Group

2013 Finance/Accountancy Internships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Student1234567
Woohoo! I passed the numeracy test. E-tray next - think ill find this v hard as never done one before.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Me too. Are you applying for Graduate Scheme or Vacation Scheme?
Reply 81
Done pwc numerical and logical reasonings. Was more of the standard SHL tests so I'm confident. Had to answer 104 personality questions after the tests though which was soul destroying.
Guys, all I can see is that KPMG is only open for actuarial vacation programmes, and I can't find any PwC internship application pages at all? Can someone help?
Thanks
Reply 83
PwC told me I had progressed to the next round after the tests on the 15/08 but they had no available dates at the moment and would contact me in the future. But it is now over two weeks later and I haven't heard anything so do you think I should give them a call? This is for Birmingham - Audit.

Just completed Deloitte e-tray, failed KPMG verbal (London so not too bothered) and I have an AC for E&Y on Wednesday.

Has anybody applied to any IB's for finance?
Can you apply to more than once location at the big 4? For example, could I apply for London Audit and Cardiff Audit for PWC or can I only apply for one location/area?
Thanks in advance
Reply 85
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Yes, yes, it is. But they do have low thresholds as a result. You have to be in the 30th or above percentile in order to progress as they pass 70% of people (so you only have to be better than 30% of people that took the test). How many questions out of the 24 do you think you answered correctly?

Got an email saying I'd made it through to phone interview and they will contact me to arrange a date. Time to get those answers polished!

Anyone who thinks they fluffed their KPMG numericals... you probably haven't..
Reply 86
Also I applied for "The EY Global Student Exchange" - it looks really really good, will probably be uber competitive though.

Thought I'd aced pwc numericals as in 80%+ but turns out I haven't made it to the next stage.. Whatever, not too bothered. KPMG where I thought I was failed and was just guessing most of them, I apparently passed...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by LZRSWRD
Got an email saying I'd made it through to phone interview and they will contact me to arrange a date. Time to get those answers polished!

Anyone who thinks they fluffed their KPMG numericals... you probably haven't..

Original post by LZRSWRD
Also I applied for "The EY Global Student Exchange" - it looks really really good, will probably be uber competitive though.

Thought I'd aced pwc numericals as in 80%+ but turns out I haven't made it to the next stage.. Whatever, not too bothered. KPMG where I thought I was failed and was just guessing most of them, I apparently passed...

You didn't pass PwC numericals but passed KPMG's numerical? That's unexpected. I mean, compared to the KPMG test, PwC is a walk in the park. Ah well. I'm at the phone interview stage too but will not progress until they open regional offices: I'm applying/waiting for Edinburgh. They opened London a few weeks ago and they opened Plymouth today so that's some progress. :colonhash: Best of luck with your interview.
Reply 88
You didn't pass PwC numericals but passed KPMG's numerical? That's unexpected. I mean, compared to the KPMG test, PwC is a walk in the park. Ah well. I'm at the phone interview stage too but will not progress until they open regional offices: I'm applying/waiting for Edinburgh. They opened London a few weeks ago and they opened Plymouth today so that's some progress. :colonhash: Best of luck with your interview.

I know, I could not believe it! Was sure I'd smashed the tests... Maybe it had something to do with my uncompleted application? I accidently submitted it without completing and when I did, I called up to ask them to send it back to me or let me edit it or whatever. They said they'd call back but they never did. Anyway it says I can apply to pwc again in 3 months, so I guess I'll try then.

So so far

Pwc - Rejected after numericals
KPMG - Telephone interview
E+Y - Completed application
Deloitte - Yet to apply.

Thanks for the wishes and good luck with your applications too!

Seems the thread is quiet, will it hot up as the semester starts?
At the big four, can you apply to more than one location? E.g apply at PWC for Cardiff Audit and London Audit or is only one allowed?
Original post by delasandro
At the big four, can you apply to more than one location? E.g apply at PWC for Cardiff Audit and London Audit or is only one allowed?

Only one is allowed

Reply 91
Had my assessment centre today at Birmingham office for E&Y and I have an offer for the summer internship. Absolutely delighted.
Anyone have any idea about how the e tray is marked for deloitte? I think I have done pretty badly!

Yes, yes, it is. But they do have low thresholds as a result. You have to be in the 30th or above percentile in order to progress as they pass 70% of people (so you only have to be better than 30% of people that took the test). How many questions out of the 24 do you think you answered correctly?

God I just took it and it was insane. I answered 9 out of 24. I think I might have got all right, though, since I did them quite carefully. One thing I don't know is whether you're supposed to do them intuitively and make an estimate of the answer, then find the precise answer by looking at the options, or madly tap numbers into the calculator to get the exact result. Did you pass the numerical test? How many do you think you got right?

And verbal I answered 33 out of 40 before running out of time. I think that one should go well.

But I can't bear the wait! Ernst & Young rejected me after the aptitude test, but I think I might fit more into KPMG, so I don't want to screw up the application.
(edited 11 years ago)
Nevermind. Got rejected. Considering suicide.

Reply 95
Hey guys sorry to barge in but i'm going to be in your position next year and I would just like to know what kind of work experience you guys got in your first year and does it have to be directly related to the job or is any part time work ok? and what other things can you do to make your application a bit better

thanks
Reply 96
I'm assuming basically all EY internships are done now and finished? They won't be opening apps again.
Reply 97
I've got E+Y numericals to do, how did people find them?
Original post by alnov
Hey guys sorry to barge in but i'm going to be in your position next year and I would just like to know what kind of work experience you guys got in your first year and does it have to be directly related to the job or is any part time work ok? and what other things can you do to make your application a bit better

thanks

Relevant work experience is more or less irrelevant as a requirement. Focus on getting any work experience and doing extra-circular activities that can help build up and develop your own skills and demonstrate the competencies they look for (there will be a list on their websites). So stuff like leadership, teamwork, talking and working with clients, working against deadlines etc.
Original post by HermesTrismegistus
God I just took it and it was insane. I answered 9 out of 24. I think I might have got all right, though, since I did them quite carefully. One thing I don't know is whether you're supposed to do them intuitively and make an estimate of the answer, then find the precise answer by looking at the options, or madly tap numbers into the calculator to get the exact result. Did you pass the numerical test? How many do you think you got right?

And verbal I answered 33 out of 40 before running out of time. I think that one should go well.

But I can't bear the wait! Ernst & Young rejected me after the aptitude test, but I think I might fit more into KPMG, so I don't want to screw up the application.

Original post by HermesTrismegistus
Nevermind. Got rejected. Considering suicide.

Ah well, don't let it get you down. :console: I'd say you would have been only one or two questions away from passing the KPMG numerical if you managed to answer all 9 correctly. Have you applied to PwC and Deloitte as your other options?

Original post by LZRSWRD
I've got E+Y numericals to do, how did people find them?

Walk in the park personally. They definitely have the easiest numerical tests of the Big 4. I did the test again at the Assessment Centre, and they were a degree harder there than online and I think I managed to get into the 97th percentile.

Have a look at the PDFs they link to and just get started. Make sure you get your head around the diagram set of questions. You'll be doing numerical, verbal and diagrammatic in one go. It's 8 questions each, 18 minutes in total so around 3 minutes every 4 questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending