The Student Room Group

2013 Finance/Accountancy Internships

Hi Guys

I know that E&Y and KPMG both have their summer internships open for applications but has anyone heard of any other schemes being open?

Scroll to see replies

Deloitte is open. I don't think KPMG has fully opened yet, they only have Tax available.
Reply 2
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Deloitte is open. I don't think KPMG has fully opened yet, they only have Tax available.

Thanks - might apply to a few in the next few days.

If anyone else hears of any opening at any blue chips etc feel free to contribute!

S
Yep, Deloitte. Seems like nothing from PwC yet though?
Original post by hypercaine.
Yep, Deloitte. Seems like nothing from PwC yet though?

For gap year schemes:

I applied to some of these last year, and with them you need to be on the ball.
Deloittes has opened, but last year, you could realistically still get a place if you applied in october.
KPMG is weird- for London audit which is where I'm starting off this Autumn *fingers crossed* the window for applications opens and then shuts in 2 days as it gets overloaded. I forgot when but it opened in around feb, so subscribe to their updates, and check your email daily.

Bank of England and Deutsche bank open around January time.

EY do one around Sept

PWC didn't do one last year
Accenture and IBM (more IT/business) open around Sept/Oct
Rothschild also do one- completely forgot when
Good luck, and always apply early.
(edited 11 years ago)
has anyone done EY's 'Strengths Assessment' and can tell me what it is? thanks
Original post by Tomatochuckers
I applied to some of these last year, and with them you need to be on the ball.
Deloittes has opened, but last year, you could realistically still get a place if you applied in october.
KPMG is weird- for London audit which is where I'm starting off this Autumn *fingers crossed* the window for applications opens and then shuts in 2 days as it gets overloaded. I forgot when but it opened in around feb, so subscribe to their updates, and check your email daily.

Bank of England and Deutsche bank open around January time.

EY do one around Sept

PWC didn't do one last year
Accenture and IBM (more IT/business) open around Sept/Oct
Rothschild also do one- completely forgot when
Good luck, and always apply early.

Cheers for those dates, will have to make a note of them. Ive been checking regularly for the past few weeks cus I know some are starting to open now (namely Deloitte and E&Y who ive already applied to). I do know someone at PwC so ill email them and ask them and let people know if theyre gonna be doing anything for 2nd years.
It doesn't look like PWC are doing an internship or it isn't open yet from the looks of their website, there is no job search results for internships.
Original post by Jack McGill
It doesn't look like PWC are doing an internship or it isn't open yet from the looks of their website, there is no job search results for internships.

I'm 99% sure PwC are doing internships and I think they will put their vacancies up around September time.

I wonder when KPMG will open their other internship vacancies.
Original post by Student1234567
I'm 99% sure PwC are doing internships and I think they will put their vacancies up around September time.

I wonder when KPMG will open their other internship vacancies.

Ok cool, hope you're right. :smile:
has anyone done EY's 'Strengths Assessment' and can tell me what it is? thanks

It gives you situations and then you choose the right answer or order them from 1 to 5, its not too bad actually, similar to KPMGs except you dont need to choose the worst option too, just the best.
X.

No worries. I should have clarified in my previous post that I was talking about gap year schemes specifically, hence why I was referring to the EY scholarship which I think is still closed.
I have no idea when internships for 2nd year uni students open :smile:
Reply 12
Don't do Audit!
Original post by darko123
Don't do Audit!

Why not?
It gives you situations and then you choose the right answer or order them from 1 to 5, its not too bad actually, similar to KPMGs except you dont need to choose the worst option too, just the best.

Ahh I did a similar sounding thing for PwC then, thanks!

For anyone wondering, KPMG told me they will be opening their Audit Summer internships in a couple of months.

Anyone else finding hard to choose whether to apply for Tax or Audit?
The pro's and con's of each are endless!

Anyone else finding hard to choose whether to apply for Tax or Audit?
The pro's and con's of each are endless!

Indeed, it's a tough one. I like the travel and being on different client sites aspect of Audit but at the same time, one of the main complaints that crop up is the dry and repetitive nature of the work. Tax seems like less hours, more (if not all) time spent in the main office, and the work is apparently really intellectually stimulating and interesting.

It's a shame the internship isn't seen more as a chance to test drive the different service lines.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

It's a shame the internship isn't seen more as a chance to test drive the different service lines.

The Deloitte Internship is called "Professional services" so includes both Audit and Tax I assume.
Hello,

I am wondering if anybody can offer me some general advice.

I am interested in applying for the Global Student Exchange programme for 2013, run by E&Y. While i meet the entry requirements, and have basic maths skills, which i can brush up on, I haven't done maths, academically, since GCSE level, where i got a B. My degree is History at the University of York.

My question is therefore if i will really struggle with the sort of work that i will be doing on the GSE internship; how demanding, mathematically, will it be?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply 18
Pre-undergraduates?
Reply 19
Hey, has anyone sent off their Deloitte application yet and has it been processed yet and have you been invited to the online tests,

Quick Reply