Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Infuriated crowd severely beat a man accused of blasphemy.

Announcements Posted on
The News & Current Affairs and Society Forums need more moderators! 20-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    So, if I say something awful about your great-great-great-great grandmother; you wouldn't be upset?
    No.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Do you remember the bit where later Mohammed orders the chokers to be executed?
    No he didn't, show me which person he executed that "choked him"?

Narrated 'Aisha: "Whenever Allah's Apostle was given the choice of one of two matters, he would choose the easier of the two, as long as it was not sinful to do so, but if it was sinful to do so, he would not approach it. Allah's Apostle never took revenge (over anybody) for his own sake but (he did) only when Allah's Legal Bindings were outraged in which case he would take revenge for Allah's Sake. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 760)"

And those bit's where he is constantly asked to stop preaching his blasphemy (as considered by the polytheists), the bits where he interupts town meetings and preaches in the middle of the day to peoiple who don't want to hear.
    Preaching was his mission. There's not a single prophet, that logically or rationally, would "keep his preaching to himself", when his purpose is to tell people about the One true God, and warn them of a hell fire.

I'm sure, you personally, would be preaching all day long, if you knew your family, friends, the same people around you, who consider you as "the truth worthy" and the "truthful" (obviously I doubt even your own kin consider you those two), would all end up in the hellfire, unless you warn them and help save them from it.

As for assassination, shall we talk about how many people MOhammed had killed, or allowed to be killed? Hmm, do you want to open that can of worms?
    They tried to assassinate him for preaching, he only attacked people who attacked his followers through persecutions and killings.

And once he conquered Mecca, he forgave all of them (except for 4 people who had done seriously unforgivable crimes).

What I mean, dear friend, is that you are a hypocrite.
    Yet, anyone with any sense of objectivity can see how weak your presented arguments are, especially when its based on lies.

You're not just a hypocrite (because of how much in denial you are about Christianity), you're also an Islamaphobe, that would lie and twist at every opportunity he gets.

What Mohammed was doing was ten times worse than what that man did, and Mohammed did it 1400 years ago.
    Right, defending yourself against persecution, and preaching truth (as you're a prophet), is 10x worst than this man?

Keep dreaming;

The greatest crime, the greatest ‘sin’ of Mohammad in the eyes of the Christian West is that he did not allow himself to be slaughtered, to be ‘crucified’ by his enemies. He only defended himself, his family and his followers; and finally vanquished his enemies. Mohammad’s success is the Christians’ gall of disappointment: He did not believe in any vicarious sacrifices for the sins of others. [Edward Gibbon]

You, or anyone you know or have ever read about, couldn't achieve half of what Muhammad(pbuh) did when he completely flipped the Arabian peninsula over.

And yet you and other Muslims will claim the Polytheists vile, violent people who persecuted poor, poor Mo. And yet you say about this fella, 'Hey, what do you expect'. If a preacher did exactly the same as Mohammed in a Muslim country today, but espoused a god that was not Allah, he would most certainly be killed. So, Islam, Muslims, hypocrites.
    For a fourth time, I said, I do not support people taking the law into their own hands.

You keep ignoring this, like you cannot comprehend basic English sentences.

And this man didn't "preach", he insulted. In the western context of the word, the Pagans would've found any debate they got into as insulting, this incident is much different to that.

For the pagans, "Monotheistic preaching" was offensive. And he got persecuted, tortured and many of his followers killed for it. This man on the other hand, straight up insulted, despite being asked not to, he kept pushing people's buttons and so he got a reaction for it.

The Prophet(pbuh) preached, and he got a reaction too. Both were expected, because if you push someone's button again and again, they're going to react. The fact of the matter is, in both cases it's wrong to attack the person.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    And this man didn't "preach", he insulted.
    Oh, so what is it that he is alleged to have said? Are you privy to this information?

In the western context of the word, the Pagans would've found any debate they got into as insulting
    Unfortunately, many people think this of today's Muslims.

For the pagans, "Monotheistic preaching" was offensive.
    Is Trinitarian preaching offensive?

This man on the other hand, straight up insulted, despite being asked not to, he kept pushing people's buttons and so he got a reaction for it.
    So what was the dialogue exactly in this case. I am eager to know.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    No he didn't, show me which person he executed that "choked him"?

Narrated 'Aisha: "Whenever Allah's Apostle was given the choice of one of two matters, he would choose the easier of the two, as long as it was not sinful to do so, but if it was sinful to do so, he would not approach it. Allah's Apostle never took revenge (over anybody) for his own sake but (he did) only when Allah's Legal Bindings were outraged in which case he would take revenge for Allah's Sake. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 760)"

Preaching was his mission. There's not a single prophet, that logically or rationally, would "keep his preaching to himself", when his purpose is to tell people about the One true God, and warn them of a hell fire.

I'm sure, you personally, would be preaching all day long, if you knew your family, friends, the same people around you, who consider you as "the truth worthy" and the "truthful" (obviously I doubt even your own kin consider you those two), would all end up in the hellfire, unless you warn them and help save them from it.

They tried to assassinate him for preaching, he only attacked people who attacked his followers through persecutions and killings.

And once he conquered Mecca, he forgave all of them (except for 4 people who had done seriously unforgivable crimes).

Yet, anyone with any sense of objectivity can see how weak your presented arguments are, especially when its based on lies.

You're not just a hypocrite (because of how much in denial you are about Christianity), you're also an Islamaphobe, that would lie and twist at every opportunity he gets.

Right, defending yourself against persecution, and preaching truth (as you're a prophet), is 10x worst than this man?

Keep dreaming;

The greatest crime, the greatest ‘sin’ of Mohammad in the eyes of the Christian West is that he did not allow himself to be slaughtered, to be ‘crucified’ by his enemies. He only defended himself, his family and his followers; and finally vanquished his enemies. Mohammad’s success is the Christians’ gall of disappointment: He did not believe in any vicarious sacrifices for the sins of others. [Edward Gibbon]

You, or anyone you know or have ever read about, couldn't achieve half of what Muhammad(pbuh) did when he completely flipped the Arabian peninsula over.

For a fourth time, I said, I do not support people taking the law into their own hands.

You keep ignoring this, like you cannot comprehend basic English sentences.

And this man didn't "preach", he insulted. In the western context of the word, the Pagans would've found any debate they got into as insulting, this incident is much different to that.

For the pagans, "Monotheistic preaching" was offensive. And he got persecuted, tortured and many of his followers killed for it. This man on the other hand, straight up insulted, despite being asked not to, he kept pushing people's buttons and so he got a reaction for it.

The Prophet(pbuh) preached, and he got a reaction too. Both were expected, because if you push someone's button again and again, they're going to react. The fact of the matter is, in both cases it's wrong to attack the person.

Ibn Ishaq, 458, 'He too harassed and mocked Muhammad in Mecca and wrote derogatory verses about him. He too was captured during the Battle of Badr, and Muhammad ordered him to be executed. "But who will look after my children, O Muhammad?" Uqba cried with anguish. "Hell," retorted the prophet coldly. Then the sword of one of his followers cut through Uqba’s neck.'

I've checked a couple of sources, and the wording is different in each, but they all amount to the same.

Which is just fine, unless of course you don't agree with the message. I'm sure you can see where the offence comes from. Assume for an instant a Polytheist committed the same antics in an Islamic society, how warmly welcomed would he be? Assume say, he did it in Mecca. I reckon he'd recieve about as warm a welcome as old Mo'. See what I'm getting at here?

Yes, because Muslims have certainly never killed anyone for saying things they don't like.... oh wait. And are we forgetting about the hundreds of Jews who's deaths he praised? The hundreds of Jews who's lands he stole? That most dreadful Apostate he ordered killed...simply for rverting to his old belief. How about those mean old slave girls who sung nasty songs? Singing mean songs is such a terrible crime.

:facepalm: Have you not seen my posts attacking the Catholic Church? Just because I believe the Anglican Church is much less a threat to society than Islam does not make me a hypocrite.

...Alexander the Great, Atilla the Hun, Ghengis Khan....

You know what he said then, do you? Because I remember a whole lot of Muslims recently accusing one poor fellow of insulting Islam most horribley, because he said he would meet Mohammed as an equal. Such awful words surely deserve a good beating eh?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Genetic fallacy in your reading, I never said anything about religion (though what to expect from someone who has an agenda). And in actuallity, Islam wouldn't permit this.

Me being impressed if the "crowd had been civilized" is based on the realistic notion that, yes; if you keep annoying someone, despite them telling you not to, again and again, you're going to get a reaction. If people remain patient (after all that), then that's pretty impressive and much to their credit, because there's many people wouldn't ignore it, if they're constantly insulted despite them telling them to stop.

I've seen countless people in the UK, get angry when someone insulted them repeatedly after being reprimanded and turn violent/threatening. Saw it just the other day, in a bit of a racial row. If you're looking for a reaction from someone, all you need to know is how to push their buttons and you'll probably get one.
    Ok so, every time I see a Muslim constantly harang someone about their atheism or belief in another god, saying they will burn in hell for having premarital sex or whatever, I am justified in physically assaulting them? No, I didn't think so.
Updated: July 5, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.