The Student Room Group

increasing lloyds tsb overdraft

Hi so i was just wondering if anyone has managed to increase there student overdraft with lloyds tsb from £1000 to £1500. Im a little over £800 into my overdraft and could really do with the money there to fall back on over the summer. I always have money going in and out of my account and i increased it online from £500 but when i tried at the beginning of June (month 10) it wouldn't let me increase further, so yeah has anyone managed to do so or came across the same problem when trying to increase online?
Reply 1
I use their gold account not Student one so this might be different but if you walk into the branch and ask the manager politely theyll usually oblige. worked for me when i tryed to bump up my overdraft from £250 to £1000 and it kept saying no online, walked in ... 2minutes later walked out a happy and potentially richer man :biggrin:
Reply 2
What year of study are you in? That usually affects how big of an overdraft facility you get.

I don't mean to be a nag or anything, but is it best to increase it? If you don't have the option of spending the money then you won't end up in quite so much debt after you finish which you'll then have to pay off asap.

Quick Reply