Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are the black keys playing in the uk anytime soon?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey! will the black keys be playing in the uk anytime soon?

I really want to see them but unsure whether they'll come back anytime soon?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Leeds/Reading Festivals in August.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah man! thatll be really expensive to just go see them though! its a shame though!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think day tickets are still available, and Foo Fighters are headlining that day. Rest of the lineup is pretty sick too (The Horrors, Tribes, The Gaslight Anthem, et al.), might be worth it.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darrylthehunter)
    I think day tickets are still available, and Foo Fighters are headlining that day. Rest of the lineup is pretty sick too (The Horrors, Tribes, The Gaslight Anthem, et al.), might be worth it.
    Too true. Friday is probably the best day of the lot IMO.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Black Keys are awesome!!!! I'll probably be working when the festivals are on Fingers crossed they decide they like England loads and end up touring the country.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure they are due to be touring soon/ just been in the UK

Reading Festival
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOVE THEM
    but no - they're doing Reading and Leeds in August and they did a tour in february so I doubt they'll be back for at least another year.
    I don't mean to have a hipster moment, but as it was quite soon after they gained a lot of momentum the concerts were mainly full of people who knew of their existence before El Camino, they still managed to sell out arenas though - I saw them in Nottingham and it was packed! Best gig I've ever been to, definately go see them next time they tour
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benpearson1)
    Too true. Friday is probably the best day of the lot IMO.
    Yeah, I concur (if you're referring to Leeds), although I initially only bought a ticket to see The Cure. Not too long to wait now.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully soon, me and a mate both love them yet have never seen them, same with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im at leeds university atm and they played in leeds in november and i missed it! i still am gutted! have got to see them!

i know theyre playing in dublin with band of skulls , but seems like a long way to go see them!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I spent 80 quid on going to see them last time :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A day ticket for Leeds is a bit expensive but you do get The Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Gaslight Anthem, Eagles Of Death Metal, Pulled Apart By Horses, Polar Bear Club, Bullet For My Valentine, Gallows and Trash Talk.

:headbang:

Plus a lot more.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan.c)
    I spent 80 quid on going to see them last time :P
    silly question but, worth it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ataylor222)
    silly question but, worth it?
    The ticket itself was 40 quid, so the gig was definately worth that.
    Because it was really far away (was at uni on the Welsh coast and gig was in Nottingham) I spent another 40 on getting there but was going to the gig with a friend who I hadn't had the chance to see in a while and was staying with my best friend who was at uni there and who I went out with after the gig.

So yeah, worth it but travel costs only so because I was doing something else as well

Hoping it won't be too much longer than a year till they next tour the UK :/ they've done a fair bit here recently and they're an American band who're popular over there too so might not be back for a while.

(also - I'm the crazy type of fan who gets a band tattoo so was always going to spend loads on seeing them)

The friend I went to the gig with had actually travelled to Amsterdam to see them before
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darrylthehunter)
    Yeah, I concur (if you're referring to Leeds), although I initially only bought a ticket to see The Cure. Not too long to wait now.
    The Cure are the stand-out act of the whole weekend for me. Should be an amazing set so I hope you enjoy! I was going to go but there just aren't enough bands playing over the whole weekend to make it enjoyable for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    YES! THEY ANNOUNCED A UK TOUR WHICH WILL COMMENCE THIS DECEMBER. Tickets go on sale next week!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be in Bristol then I'm trying to decide whether it'll be worth getting the train to Birmingham.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 27, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.