Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to break up with someone you weren't really going out with?

Announcements Posted on

So this girl and I have been kinda seeing each other, like we hang out quite a bit and we've kissed twice. But recently we have been having more and more fights - just stuff about her and my (supposed) best friend flirting voraciously at a party when they were both drunk, and how she thinks I don't trust her, which is probably true unfortunately. Also ages ago, she snogged two guys at a party I wasn't at, but she apologised and feel really bad about it.
    Anyway, my other friends have pointed out that she'll probably continue to do stuff like this if we were in a relationship, and that I maybe deserve better than her. But I have no idea how I would go about telling her I'm not interested anymore. She's the first girl to actually like me back, and while I want to be truthful, I don't want to be brutal and hurt her. So any advice on what I should say to her and how I should go about it?
    Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just get rid, the longer you leave it the harder it gets. My situation is very similar but I love her so much now there is no way I could break up with her. I don't really act jealous but it makes me go crazy when she goes to parties just because of some small stuff that happened when we first started seeing each other.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even if it's tough or makes you feel like an ass, being real and straight with someone is always the best bet. Show others the respect they deserve.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 4, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.