The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Arriving at Leeds

Hi there.

I am a International Student and i was wondering when should I arrive at Leeds. How many days in advance from the first teaching day?

Thanks for the info.
Reply 1
Well International welcome week starts on September 10th, but the letter I received says we should arrive before the 12th. There is an important orientation meeting on the 13th.

I'll personally be there on September 8th but I guess I'll be pretty bored the first couple of days.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
It's a good idea to arrive on 8-10th for a 1st year international student. You will be attending some meetings for international students in different buildings across the campus. So, it's a great opportunity to explore around and make new friends!

P.S. Nico, message me, if you get a room in C. Morris hall. As I will be arriving 8-10 days before the teaching starts, I can show you places around.
Reply 3
Get there before the International week starts, and maybe a few days earlier so you dont get caught in the mad rush. Plus, a few extra days to explore the city and orient yourself would be beneficial!
Reply 4
Original post by DaniStark7
P.S. Nico, message me, if you get a room in C. Morris hall. As I will be arriving 8-10 days before the teaching starts, I can show you places around.

Will do :smile: Thanks for the help.
Reply 5
Is it the same International Student and Student from European Union?
Reply 6
Original post by DaniStark7
Yes, I've seen students from the EU on those meetings as well.
It would never hurt to arrive early, as you would want to explore the city and the university campus before the semester starts. Especially, if you have never been to Leeds before.

Thanks mate, fortunately I already know Leeds. So i'll try to turn up at the meetings.

Quick Reply

Latest