The Student Room Group

Guys, how does a girl get out of friend zone ???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Ok I posted one thread before... some people commented saying guys do not friendzone girls!!! Well, you guys gave me hope and well reality is so painful!!!

Apparently, we had a good laugh and fun afternoon together. I walked with him to the bus stop. I asked if a girl was crying and told him to go away, would he leave me? He said he wouldnt if that was his sister or a close friend whom he understands that they want him to stay! . He would leave if he is not close to the girl as he thinks that the girl actually wants him to leave.

I said what if I cried!? He said he would leave as he thought I am not that close to him and I really wanted him to leave!!!

I was like whatever then and got a bit mad at him lol playfully though!

He said he never thought he is considered to be my close friend. He named people whom he thinks would be on my close friend list and said he thinks he is somewhere down there!!!

WTH... I said, well you know your list not my list :biggrin:

Then the conversation had to end as I need to cross the road!

Well, then I have been defo friendzoned by this guys well not even close friends!!!??

Maybe he just isn't attracted to you.
Show him your boobs; if he isn't gay and you aren't ugly then he'll de-friendzone you on the spot hopefully.
Reply 22
Original post by ShredMaster
Maybe he just isn't attracted to you.

That sounds so painful but well I think it is true >...< He is nice to me, we got on well so basically I only can be friends not close friends!!!!! :frown:

The funny thing is he even said he thought I didnt consider him to be a good friend ... well, I think he pretended right? Guys are simple but not dumb! How cant you see a girl at least want to be your good friend?!?
Reply 23
Original post by SugarPuffs
Show him your boobs; if he isn't gay and you aren't ugly then he'll de-friendzone you on the spot hopefully.

Not gonna happen...
That sounds so painful but well I think it is true >...< He is nice to me, we got on well so basically I only can be friends not close friends!!!!! :frown:

The funny thing is he even said he thought I didnt consider him to be a good friend ... well, I think he pretended right? Guys are simple but not dumb! How cant you see a girl at least want to be your good friend?!?

He could be playing hard to get. Generally that's the advice guys give other guys when talking about the friendzone.

BTW have you TOLD him you like him?
(edited 11 years ago)
Not gonna happen...

Pff, stay in the friend-zone then; sex is the thing that separates friends from lovers. If you want this guy to mean more to you than a friend then you have to get sexual/intimate with him.
Reply 26
He could be playing hard to get. Generally that's the advice guys give other guys when talking about the friendzone.

What? That doesnt make sense to me! Could you please explain why the guy friends advise a guy to do so to get out of friendzone? I clearly showed I considered him as a good friend I could trust! Well, I let him in my flat!

He actually came in my flat and also we hung out around 3 times just us 2 together... We felt comfortable not awkward! Could you not at least tell that I am comfortable around you at least as a good friend!?

I feel like what I have done were not aprreciated at all! :frown: Oh dear...
Reply 27
Original post by SugarPuffs
Pff, stay in the friend-zone then; sex is the thing that separates friends from lovers. If you want this guy to mean more to you than a friend then you have to get sexual/intimate with him.

Well, your point of view is completely different from mine... I think its about trust and respect then sex.

I would say the difference between best friends and lovers are sex
Well, your point of view is completely different from mine... I think its about trust and respect then sex.

I would say the difference between best friends and lovers are sex

Well that's the way I see you escaping the friendzone; you like him but he doesn't realize you want more than friendship because you haven't communicated to him clearly enough that you're interested. Time to be honest with him otherwise he might get into a relationship with another girl and you'll have to suppress your feelings for him even more.
What? That doesnt make sense to me! Could you please explain why the guy friends advise a guy to do so to get out of friendzone? I clearly showed I considered him as a good friend I could trust! Well, I let him in my flat!

He actually came in my flat and also we hung out around 3 times just us 2 together... We felt comfortable not awkward! Could you not at least tell that I am comfortable around you at least as a good friend!?

I feel like what I have done were not aprreciated at all! :frown: Oh dear...

Why don't you just tell him you like him? And see what he says. Generally guys play hard to get because they don't want to be seen as needy. Its not about being comfortable at all. I go around to my chick friend's places all the time, just me and them. Doesn't mean we like each other. He might actually like you. Maybe you could try asking him out???? Why haven't you done that if you like him?
Reply 30
Why don't you just tell him you like him? And see what he says. Generally guys play hard to get because they don't want to be seen as needy. Its not about being comfortable at all. I go around to my chick friend's places all the time, just me and them. Doesn't mean we like each other. He might actually like you. Maybe you could try asking him out???? Why haven't you done that if you like him?

... I dont feel like I know him well enough... He is confusing to me sometimes... I did decide to tell him once but after discussing w my best friend, we think I should wait a bit more....

He might just be nice to me as a friend ~( not even good friends >.< ) The most important thing is I am still not sure if he is the right one for me to ask out. I do not want to just go with my heart without realizing that we could not fit together...

But now hes making me feel like my effort trying to get to now him recently is nothing/ rubbish as he didnt even feel like I am trying to be good friends with him...
Original post by Classical Liberal
Just remind him of sex and remind him that you are something he can have sex with.

that works if you want to get into the friends with benefits zone or the **** buddy zone, but not always if you want to be IN the zone :wink:
Reply 32
... I dont feel like I know him well enough... He is confusing to me sometimes... I did decide to tell him once but after discussing w my best friend, we think I should wait a bit more....

He might just be nice to me as a friend ~( not even good friends >.< ) The most important thing is I am still not sure if he is the right one for me to ask out. I do not want to just go with my heart without realizing that we could not fit together...

But now hes making me feel like my effort trying to get to now him recently is nothing/ rubbish as he didnt even feel like I am trying to be good friends with him...

Honestly, stop worrying about whether he considers you to be 'close friends', he's a teenage? guy and as such it's implied that he has the emotional sensitivity of a thermonuclear weapon and the tact to go with it. I doubt he meant any offence by it and he may well consider you to be a close friend or might certainly want to be but you really put him on the spot and he probably thought that if he said yes and you didn't feel the same way then he would look like a prat so he went with the safe option, oblivious to the fact that in the totally unfair test which you forced upon him there is no safe option.

The bottom line is that you could wait forever for him to make the first move, if you think that you like him then let him know - subtely first and not so subtely if he doesn't get the hint (which is likely), if he fancies you even a little then he'll be happy to go on a date with you and you can decide whether you want to go any further or if you're better off as friends. If it doesn't work out then laugh it off and forget about it like adults, if it works out then congratulations. Either way you should either get over him or make a move because sooner or later someone else will and the likelihood is that as soon as they do you'll really wish you had :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Original post by Classical Liberal
How many "close friends" who are girls do you have?

Not a very big sample. Now think about all those girls who you are casual mates with.

Very close...about 3/4 probably but by close I mean anyone that you keep in regular contact with, know well, trust etc. Not just someone who's name you can vaguely remember and you say hi to to as you pass in the corridor every once in a while.

But the sample size is irrelevant anyway, the issue is whether you would discard the possibiity of having a relationship with someone because they are a friend and for most guys, myself included I don't think that's the case.

As long as you find them reasonably attractive (and I think most guys find the girls they are friends with at least reasonably attractive) then why wouldn't you consider a relationship - my logic is that you already do stuff together, talk, trust each other, enjoy each other's company, have similar interests and care about each other, all that changes is that you add sex into the mix. Seems like a win-win situation to me.
Reply 34
Original post by Josh93
Honestly, stop worrying about whether he considers you to be 'close friends', he's a teenage? guy and as such it's implied that he has the emotional sensitivity of a thermonuclear weapon and the tact to go with it. I doubt he meant any offence by it and he may well consider you to be a close friend or might certainly want to be but you really put him on the spot and he probably thought that if he said yes and you didn't feel the same way then he would look like a prat so he went with the safe option, oblivious to the fact that in the totally unfair test which you forced upon him there is no safe option.

The bottom line is that you could wait forever for him to make the first move, if you think that you like him then let him know - subtely first and not so subtely if he doesn't get the hint (which is likely), if he fancies you even a little then he'll be happy to go on a date with you and you can decide whether you want to go any further or if you're better off as friends. If it doesn't work out then laugh it off and forget about it like adults, if it works out then congratulations. Either way you should either get over him or make a move because sooner or later someone else will and the likelihood is that as soon as they do you'll really wish you had :rolleyes:

thank you :smile: in fact we are in uni... i dont know why we need to be so immature like this... im going abroad for the next 3 months so its like not a good time to tell him now ...??
I don't think they can. I cannot imagine anyone in my current friend zone coming out of it.
Reply 36
This is what confuses me. If the only difference between a close friend and a relationship is sex, then why oh why do you get extra feelings for girls you want romantic things with? You don't get these feelings (love) because you want to have sex with them, yet one particular girl I know I have loads of romantic feelings for; More so than any other girl I consider close to me.
Original post by pinkangelgirl
that works if you want to get into the friends with benefits zone or the **** buddy zone, but not always if you want to be IN the zone :wink:

Okay. But if you meet the criteria of being a friend. And then you meet the criteria of being attractive. Then you are very likely to be in "the zone".

Depending on what the guy wants at the time.
Original post by Josh93

As long as you find them reasonably attractive (and I think most guys find the girls they are friends with at least reasonably attractive) then why wouldn't you consider a relationship - my logic is that you already do stuff together, talk, trust each other, enjoy each other's company, have similar interests and care about each other, all that changes is that you add sex into the mix. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

Get busy then. Worst thing you can do is have friends who are girls who you also want to shag/ have a relationship with. The whole thing is so awful.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Ok I posted one thread before... some people commented saying guys do not friendzone girls!!! Well, you guys gave me hope and well reality is so painful!!!

Apparently, we had a good laugh and fun afternoon together. I walked with him to the bus stop. I asked if a girl was crying and told him to go away, would he leave me? He said he wouldnt if that was his sister or a close friend whom he understands that they want him to stay! . He would leave if he is not close to the girl as he thinks that the girl actually wants him to leave.

I said what if I cried!? He said he would leave as he thought I am not that close to him and I really wanted him to leave!!!

I was like whatever then and got a bit mad at him lol playfully though!

He said he never thought he is considered to be my close friend. He named people whom he thinks would be on my close friend list and said he thinks he is somewhere down there!!!

WTH... I said, well you know your list not my list :biggrin:

Then the conversation had to end as I need to cross the road!

Well, then I have been defo friendzoned by this guys well not even close friends!!!??

He's just saying that he didn't think he was one of your close friends. I thought the same with the girl I really liked... I don't know why I put myself down like that but maybe he's doing the same.

Like others have said, maybe ask him for a drink/cinema and try to work out if he's interested in you (he never said he wasn't interested in you)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending