The Student Room Group

why do Asians have lot of self hate when it comes to dating ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dee Leigh
Maybe because they feel 'forced' to date someone of the same race as them, meaning they have no other option to date who they like??

Can you provide evidence of this please?
Reply 21
There are a lot of oriental women who marry a white male just because they're white, and refuse to ever date an oriental male.
i don't know but chinese girls don't like me
"Self hating" is obviously wrong for me it came down to personal preference. I am a guy of Indian origin (naturally very fair and look untypical indian) and I love talking to asian girls. Personality wise I get along with them well and I could have dated a few but I generally don't find them sexually attractive as a long term partner. Clearly there are exceptions to the rule but largley I just don't.

I am in a 6 year relationship with a white girl and I really love everything about her. We are both final year medics and I can't wait for marriage.

When I was younger, the most I have ever done with 2 asian girls was kiss. But I didn't pursue a relationship.

Everyone is entitled to do what they want to do. I am not a "coconut" as such. I love cricket, indian songs, have indian mates but I have much more to me too lol.
Original post by Anonymous
"Self hating" is obviously wrong for me it came down to personal preference. I am a guy of Indian origin (naturally very fair and look untypical indian) and I love talking to asian girls. Personality wise I get along with them well and I could have dated a few but I generally don't find them sexually attractive as a long term partner. Clearly there are exceptions to the rule but largley I just don't.

I am in a 6 year relationship with a white girl and I really love everything about her. We are both final year medics and I can't wait for marriage.

When I was younger, the most I have ever done with 2 asian girls was kiss. But I didn't pursue a relationship.

Everyone is entitled to do what they want to do. I am not a "coconut" as such. I love cricket, indian songs, have indian mates but I have much more to me too lol.

What do you mean by that? :s-smilie:
Original post by darkxangel

Basically that even if I met one that I really liked, I don't think I could be turned on, the way I am with a white girl. Obviously if I really liked her, it wouldn't be an issue as much because love is most important to me.

he wants to make pale white looking babies
what's not to like about golden or chocolate brown skin. :wink:

Spoiler

-lol i don't care about race, but the individual. That thread is stupid. but tbh i've seen way more asian guys that discriminate.

Have you figured out how to post a pic yet? :wink:

Out of curiosity are you Tamil, Sinhalese, Moor, Burgher, Kaffir, Malay or vedda?
Original post by rei dos reis

I am already pale bro, lots of indians have an inferior complex when they see someone pale, not healthy :wink:

Like I said love is the most important thing to me.
Original post by brownchocolateice
Out of curiosity are you Tamil, Sinhalese, Moor, Burgher, Kaffir, Malay or vedda?

tamil :h: why?
Original post by rei dos reis

lol

Basically that even if I met one that I really liked, I don't think I could be turned on, the way I am with a white girl. Obviously if I really liked her, it wouldn't be an issue as much because love is most important to me.

ohh, i thought you meant you'd be attracted to them only in a short them relationship or something. :colondollar: you don't have to defend the way you feel and i don't think it'd be fair on the girl if you aren't sexually attracted to her. good luck with you marriage-are you guys engaged?
well lit area. T shirt is fine, i'm not good with picking clothes for guys. :h:

ohh but my hair is closer to dark brown than black. :frown: how old are you?

dw its not hard you will become an expert in no time. i tend to have dark t shirts or really light ones.
damn it i was hoping i could send a photo from a dark lit area where i could be hidden just joking.
oops..i shouldnt have met that assumption. i meant brown everything..skin, eyes and hair :smile: im in my 20s probably older than most here. what about you?
dw its not hard you will become an expert in no time. i tend to have dark t shirts or really light ones.
damn it i was hoping i could send a photo from a dark lit area where i could be hidden just joking.
oops..i shouldnt have met that assumption. i meant brown everything..skin, eyes and hair :smile: im in my 20s probably older than most here. what about you?

17 :h:
Original post by Aaron_xyz
There are a lot of oriental women who marry a white male just because they're white, and refuse to ever date an oriental male.

i was talking about brown asians not orientals but i dont think thats true. plenty of oriental guys and girls marry each other. But def it seems there is a preference for white males among oriental girls.

I think preferences are different to exclusive dating. You did say you would consider dating an indian. Since you are quite fair you might have similar preferences in a partner. I have dark skin but no inferiority complex..different people like different things. I don't get how asian women cannot be sexually attractive but maybe it was the ones you met or maybe they didn't put out a sexually attractive image for you as most don't get sexually intimate till in a serious relationship or where marriage is concerned. Similarly, maybe those indian girls weren't attracted to you as they preferred tanned skin. It is probably good you did not date an indian girl as sexual attraction is important and it would be an unhappy relationship if you could not satisfy or show that you are attracted to her this way.

I do think girls get judged much more harshley for dating out when they shouldn't as many guys do the same and actually more.You might not be a coconut but I don't think Indian can be just defined as liking cricket, indian songs and having indian mates. Lot of my white friends do this too. My cousin married a white guy and he is definietly way more culturally indian then many indian guys. He knows Hindi, can read and write it and is into yoga, meditation etc.
tamil :h: why?

Most of my Sri Lankan friends are either Sinhalese or Tamil. Last yr when things happened there was a bit of an argument/debate between them.
I think what happened was sad. Some Tamil/Sinhala relationships even broke up.
:frown:
Most of my Sri Lankan friends are either Sinhalese or Tamil. Last yr when things happened there was a bit of an argument/debate between them.
I think what happened was sad. Some Tamil/Sinhala relationships even broke up.
:frown:

i never grew up in a huge asian community so i don't really care about stuff like that, but yes it's quite sad. :sad:
i love myself and asian girls :smile:
lol

ohh, i thought you meant you'd be attracted to them only in a short them relationship or something. :colondollar: you don't have to defend the way you feel and i don't think it'd be fair on the girl if you aren't sexually attracted to her. good luck with you marriage-are you guys engaged?

Lol basically for an ONS I wouldn't have said no, back in the day :tongue:

If I got defensive, it's mainly cause people get negs from insecure asian girls, hence anon. Last time I remember a few of us getting negs.

Not engaged but def will be married within 2 years. We have talked about it e.t.c. I think in one year I will propose when we go travelling. It will have to be perfectly planned in the right setting :colondollar:
Reply 39
Original post by umarrehman187
i love myself and asian girls :smile:
Thats cool. good to see some Asian guys know how to appreciate Asian girls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending