Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst Signing(s) in Your Clubs History?

Announcements Posted on
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Chelsea fan but Del Horno was terrible. And Boulahrouz.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bosingwa and Quique de Lucas for Chelsea
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    a question for Chelsea fans and football fans in general , i remember watching Florent Malouda a few years back and thought he was quite bad , would you say he was one of your worst signings?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    a question for Chelsea fans and football fans in general , i remember watching Florent Malouda a few years back and thought he was quite bad , would you say he was one of your worst signings?
    No, he's been a decent player. This season he hasn't been great but overall he's been alright. Nowhere near one of our best signings, but certainly nowhere near the worst.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    Mutu
    Bosingwa
    Del Horno
    Deco
    Kezman
    Boularouz
    Torres
    Ferreira
    Shevchenko
    Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Tiago
    Veron
    Crespo
    Zhirkov

Take your pick.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Jose Bosingwa
    ...he's a standard right-back. I'm standing by Shevchencko and ofc Torres......£50m....:facepalm2:
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benny100)
    Eric Djemba-Djemba. So good they named him twice.
    don't mess with him
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Joey Barton for the castle
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Jose Bosingwa
    Have to agree, your username rather aptly describes my opinion every time he was named in the squad, albeit in a politer form.

tbf, he was quality in the semi final second leg v Barcelona and he wasn't too bad in the CL final. But the rest of the time he was utter sh**e
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Park- Some panic buy that only served to sell shirts in South-Korea
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SneakyDoug)
    When Real Madrid bought Beckham to sell shirts and got rid of McManaman and Hierro also refusing to extend Makelele's contract whilst firing Del Bosque - worst move ever by Florentino Perez.
    Spot on! because Del Bosque had no style. :sigh:
    But i cant fault him for CR7!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kyrgiakos or Christian Poulsen for Liverpool. Completely dire, both of them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The Don Emile Heskey for Vila!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Mutu
    Bosingwa
    Del Horno
    Deco
    Kezman
    Boularouz
    Torres
    Ferreira
    Shevchenko
    Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Tiago
    Veron
    Crespo
    Zhirkov

Take your pick.
    Mutu was a good player but had drug issues
    Bosingwa I largely but not wholly agree with
    Del Horno was good but overshadowed by A. Cole, think you've heard of him, which isn't difficult
    Deco was good when we signed him but was injury prone
    Kezman was unlucky but sh**
    Boulharouz was sh**
    I have no idea why you have Torres in there considering the importance of some of the goals he's scored, and considering he scored more than any Arsenal player, bar Van Perise, with in all likeleness having played far less
    Ferreira's been here 8 years...just no
    Shevchenko was unlucky
    SWP was quality...you're just being stupid here
    Tiago was quality...see above
    Veron was alright
    Crespo was alright
    Zhirkov was awesome...you're clearly trolling

Let's evaluate Arsenal's signings...oh wait there are none
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Mutu was a good player but had drug issues
    Bosingwa I largely but not wholly agree with
    Del Horno was good but overshadowed by A. Cole, think you've heard of him, which isn't difficult
    Deco was good when we signed him but was injury prone
    Kezman was unlucky but sh**
    Boulharouz was sh**
    I have no idea why you have Torres in there considering the importance of some of the goals he's scored, and considering he scored more than any Arsenal player, bar Van Perise, with in all likeleness having played far less
    Ferreira's been here 8 years...just no
    Shevchenko was unlucky
    SWP was quality...you're just being stupid here
    Tiago was quality...see above
    Veron was alright
    Crespo was alright
    Zhirkov was awesome...you're clearly trolling

Let's evaluate Arsenal's signings...oh wait there are none
    When we buy players, we spot young guys and turn them into superstars. We don't just call our owner and ask for £50m for Torres
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    When we buy players, we spot young guys and turn them into superstars. We don't just call our owner and ask for £50m for Torres
    I finally understand why Nicklas Bendtner thinks he's so good. There must be something in the water at the Emirates.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeschylus)
    For Southampton (not a fan but it deserves a mention) Ali Dia because he couldn't even play football and was signed by effectively a prank phone call
    This is one of the funniest things in all of football.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well Walcott isn't exactly a superstar, and players like Van Persie, Nasri etc were already pretty good for a start.

Furthermore, Wenger insists his signings are quality but they turn out to be Koschielny, Squalici esque figures, and you refuse to pay big bucks yet spend way over the top on quality, but completely unproven players like Walcott and Chamberlain.

All your doing is hiding behind a facade of self sustainabilty because you knwo you can't compete as your manager is on the whole useless in the transfer market and willing to settle for the odd trophy here and there
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Makes my eyes water looking back at the transfer. Guardiola must have been high at the time or thought he should wind people up. Shaktar are dumb as well for paying us that much for him. Would have paid them to take him off our hands if i was the chairman.
    Shakhtar made a €10 million profit on him (€25 million - €15 million) in a year. Is it really that 'dumb'?

"Though Barcelona retained the title, Chygrynskiy fared poorly in his debut season with the club. Despite this, manager Josep Guardiola had been keen to keep him."

That explains why they had to pay €15 million.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Well Walcott isn't exactly a superstar, and players like Van Persie, Nasri etc were already pretty good for a start.

Furthermore, Wenger insists his signings are quality but they turn out to be Koschielny, Squalici esque figures, and you refuse to pay big bucks yet spend way over the top on quality, but completely unproven players like Walcott and Chamberlain.

All your doing is hiding behind a facade of self sustainabilty because you knwo you can't compete as your manager is on the whole useless in the transfer market and willing to settle for the odd trophy here and there
    Koscielny is a great defender, which you would presumably know if you watched football.

Not sure if you actually believe that Wenger is useless in the transfer market or if you're just winding me up. In any case, Wenger has the best transfer record in the country. Fact.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.