The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Law double degree with Columbia

Just curious as to the likelihood of being transferred to this course, assuming I meet the requirement of high second upper marks consistently in the Intermediate and Part 1 Years?

In practice, is there intense competition for these two slots? I would assume the high tuition fees at Columbia would act as somewhat of a deterrent.

On a sidenote, is the awarding of First Class Honours in UCL Laws based on a quota system (eg top 5% as in some universities), or is it solely the case of the student achieving the requisite marks? Is the study atmosphere stressful in laws?
Reply 1
monsieur_ben
Just curious as to the likelihood of being transferred to this course, assuming I meet the requirement of high second upper marks consistently in the Intermediate and Part 1 Years?

In practice, is there intense competition for these two slots? I would assume the high tuition fees at Columbia would act as somewhat of a deterrent.

On a sidenote, is the awarding of First Class Honours in UCL Laws based on a quota system (eg top 5% as in some universities), or is it solely the case of the student achieving the requisite marks? Is the study atmosphere stressful in laws?
I would imagine that there is pretty intense competition. Having both an LLB and a JD is a pretty big advantage when it comes to getting a job I imagine, especially if you are applying to an American firm in London. The tuition fees probably limit it a bit but I'm sure there are still lots of people who can afford it and want to do it.

As for the the second part of your query, someone else will have to answer that for you. I'd have thought that you get a First if your marks are above a pre-requisite boundary but I might be wrong.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Latest

Trending

Trending