Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Van Persie confirms he WILL NOT extend his contract.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is a very sad and solemn day for me and many Arsenal fans across the world as our talisman, Robin Van Persie, has decided not to extend his contract for reasons he has not said.

But, as we have proven in many seasons, NO MAN IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB!

We will move on from this....You'll see :cool:

But the club are very grateful for his ONE great season and have decided to literally erect a statue of him outside the stadium:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...before-another

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...gers-side.html
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal moves on, just like we did after xyz players left.

But what worries me is the huge % of goals and assists he created for us since January 2011.
    I hope Wilshere come back soon, and Podolski and Giroud can hit the ground scoring!
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    there really isnt a point for a thread about this

its been discussed to death on the arsenal thread
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    there really isnt a point for a thread about this

its been discussed to death on the arsenal thread
    Because this is the story everyone, regardless of which club they support, want to see the outcome of.

People, who aren't Arsenal fans, seldom go on the thread, so this is vital to keep the general public updated. If you haven't got anything related to the thread to say, please leave. We all know you're jealous that I created the thread before you :pwnd:
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ano1)
    Arsenal moves on, just like we did after xyz players left.

But what worries me is the huge % of goals and assists he created for us since January 2011.
    I hope Wilshere come back soon, and Podolski and Giroud can hit the ground scoring!
    Yeah, I hear what you're saying. But tbh, no one regards the hard work the midfield put in, to give RVP the ball. Majority of his goals were tap ins, and he didn't really help out defensively.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? I didn't know... :rolleyes:

Yeah you'll 'move on' if you're happy with 4th/5th place till the end of time.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Oh really? I didn't know... :rolleyes:

Yeah you'll 'move on' if you're happy with 4th/5th place till the end of time.
    :toofunny: Is this a LIVERPOOL fan speaking?! :toofunny:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    As long as you stay away from Ba and Cisse, I'm extremely happy that ****er will hopefully now leave the league.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstep Prince)
    :toofunny: Is this a LIVERPOOL fan speaking?! :toofunny:
    We've sold Alonso, Mashcerano, Torres, maybe Arbeloa (Though Johnson's just as good or better) and Kuyt.

You've sold Ashley Cole, Clichy, Kolo Toure, Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas, soon to be Van Persie.

Stop making the point about Liverpool and ignoring the fact that your club has no ambition.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    We've sold Alonso, Mashcerano, Torres, maybe Arbeloa (Though Johnson's just as good or better) and Kuyt.

You've sold Ashley Cole, Clichy, Kolo Toure, Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas, soon to be Van Persie.

Stop making the point about Liverpool and ignoring the fact that your club has no ambition.

We've sold those players and still managed to maintain our top four status, Liverpool however, not so much.

You haven't finished in the top four in donkey's years and have players like Downing and Carroll on your books.

So as a Liverpool fan, you can't really talk can you? I mean Sigurdsson turned you lot down for Tottenham. That's right, Tottenham. :eek:

Ouch.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bad times for Arsenal, but as a Reading fan I can say I'm quite please we wont have him scoring when he wants against us!

I hope Wenger can pull something out his sleeve to replace him though, not another Bendtner! Fingers crossed for you, always been an admirer of Arsenal football!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Really sad news, but not exactly surprising, we bought Podolski and Giroud, I wasn't expecting all three of them to stay. But sad to hear it, all the same
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    We've sold those players and still managed to maintain our top four status, Liverpool however, not so much.

You haven't finished in the top four in donkey's years and have players like Downing and Carroll on your books.

So as a Liverpool fan, you can't really talk can you?
    Changing the subject and criticising an unrelated club shows that you cannot deny the truth. Arsenal haven't won a trophy in 7 years, and have no chance now that your precious Van Persie is moving on to a club that actually progresses and has ambition.

Oh, and I didn't realise 3 years is donkey's years
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im an arsenal fan glad to see him go.....ofc his a world class striker on his day! we kept faith with him during his injury and now he repays us with just 1 full season and a rejection- nice! He can be replaced and we have players I believe that can go that one step further....i.e. perform and win the league. he was obviously never going to carry on- it was bait in his interview after the west brom game. Giroud signing made it even more obvious.....all I can say is Vieira, Flamini, Adebayor, Hleb, Fabregas, Nasri.....I dont seem to remember them when thinking about Arsenal

TRUST IN WENGER
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)

So as a Liverpool fan, you can't really talk can you?
    We came second 3 seasons ago, closer than you've been in that time I think?

Yeah you've kept the top 4 but you've also not won anything in 7 years.

You have Park, Chamakh etc. How many premier league goals/assists they got over their careers? Downing and Carroll have a load. Just had **** seasons.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha...an argument between an Arsenal and Liverpool fan on who sucks more.

Let's just agree that you are both crap.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I don't think Arsenal will miss RvP that much becuase I think he would have underperformed in this up and coming season and will probably pick up at least two injuries in that time. You've just bought a proven international in Podolski and a potentially great striker in Giroud so the future looks somewhat bright.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We came second 3 seasons ago, closer than you've been in that time I think?
    Yeah you've kept the top 4 but you've also not won anything in 7 years.

You have Park, Chamakh etc. How many premier league goals/assists they got over their careers? Downing and Carroll have a load. Just had **** seasons.
    typical liverpool fans, always talking about the past. you are no longer a big club, hence sig turned you down for spurs, and a lot of players will turn you down and youll get average players like adam, downing, henderson etc, then youll sack managers, and this saga will continue. you were a big club in the past but now you are not, stop watching the history channel oh wait you cant because there is nothing modern you can watch.

at least arsenal will end up getting better players, if you lose gerrard, reina, suarez etc, then you end up getting average players.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lol_this)
    typical liverpool fans, always talking about the past. you are no longer a big club, hence sig turned you down for spurs, and a lot of players will turn you down and youll get average players like adam, downing, henderson etc, then youll sack managers, and this saga will continue. you were a big club in the past but now you are not, stop watching the history channel oh wait you cant because there is nothing modern you can watch.

at least arsenal will end up getting better players, if you lose gerrard, reina, suarez etc, then you end up getting average players.
    Actually, it was an Arsenal fan incorrectly referring to Liverpool's history at first.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, at least you still have Chamakh.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 8, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.