Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Van Persie confirms he WILL NOT extend his contract.

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Kant Spall)
    The Arsenal captain's armband is literally a ticket out of the club. Vieira, Henry, Cesc, and now Van Persie.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You guys should give it to Djourou. :mmm:
    Good spot, lol!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    The only reason Arsenal are in this situation is because we've recently built the most expensive club stadium ever and tied ourselves to low sponsorship deals to fund it. The Emirates is a very clear declaration of ambition IMO and we'll start seeing the rewards in the near future.

Where the **** are Liverpool going? Midtable with no long term strategy whatsoever? Do me a favour...:rolleyes:
    Really?
    I'm not even going to bother.. because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. :facepalm:
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Changing the subject and criticising an unrelated club shows that you cannot deny the truth. Arsenal haven't won a trophy in 7 years, and have no chance now that your precious Van Persie is moving on to a club that actually progresses and has ambition.

Oh, and I didn't realise 3 years is donkey's years
    No...She was only retaliating after the supporter of that ****e club decided to say WE have no ambition. He supports Liverpool ffs!!

3 years is a long time in football years. It feels like a decade since I last saw Rafa Benitez ****ting himself on the touchline.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal have kept their faith in Van Persie over the years in spite of his persistant, long term injuries. They've off-loaded players who've become injured yet have kept him. After one good season and he decides he wants to leave. What a ****er.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We were with him when he wasn't shooting in the gym
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well it didn't take long for this thread to develop into immaturity did it...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Good spot, lol!
    It's because poor clubs always make their 'best' player captain to make him stay, and not because he actually has the right attributes to maintain it.

You don't see barcelona making messi their captain or united making rooney.. because they have other players and don't feel they need to hand the captain badge to convince their best player not to leave them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do Arsenal and Rangers have in common?

They're both losing their whole team. :rofl:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orihime)
    Arsenal have kept their faith in Van Persie over the years in spite of his persistant, long term injuries. They've off-loaded players who've become injured yet have kept him. After one good season and he decides he wants to leave. What a ****er.
    Thats harsh, but yes Arsenal have been very patient with him.
    He has managed to play more than 33 games in each of the 4 out of 8 seasons. I thought the club would have shipped him ouy a few years ago. I wish him the best. Walcott can go too.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orihime)
    What players have they offloaded due to injury concerns?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's with Denilson extending his loan at Sao Paulo?

I think he has a contract till 2014? Are you guys going to keep loaning him out until it expires?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    No, you haven't. Liverpool have never won the Premier League...
    I didn't know football began in 1992.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The race for 3rd and 4th is going to be interesting next season with Arsenal and Tottenham both in meltdown, Chelsea beginning a rebuilding phase and Newcastle looking to improve.

Unfortunately City have already bought their title and Man U are a step above the four I just mentioned so all eyes will be on 3rd and 4th again.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

I think he has a contract till 2014? Are you guys going to keep loaning him out until it expires?
    No-one wants to buy him with his wage demands, so its better to loan him out than pay him to sit around.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nasri08)
    We were with him when he wasn't shooting in the gym
    LOL - "we stood by him when he was injured"

said by - Nasri08

Kind of says everything really!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    As a United fan, genuinely sad to see Van Persie leaving Arsenal, a fantastic player to watch, so many cracking goals.

Also I don't really mind the gunners, so was happy to see them keep him instead of him moving to say, City.

Just hope RVP leaves England for United's sake.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if RVP joins man city, everyone will hate not just arsenal..

Go to Juve or Barca...

or join United .. Rooney playing behind Van persie, YES ****ING PLEASE!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

I don't think Denilson is happy at Arsenal. I'm sure Sao Paulo will sign at some point.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I didn't know football began in 1992.
    No, but the Premier League did :facepalm2:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    No, but the Premier League did :facepalm2:
    Why is there a need to distinguish between the top division and the Premier League, considering they're exactly the same apart from the name?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 8, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.