Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Swedish House Mafia at MK Bowl (14/7/12)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Helloooo!!

Anyone else going to see SHM's final ever set at Milton Keynes next week? Was surprised there isn't already a thread about this one
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a five minute walk from my house. I'm definitely going!

are you getting up early for golden circle tickets ?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    It's a five minute walk from my house. I'm definitely going!

are you getting up early for golden circle tickets ?
    I already have tickets Me and a friend are going over from Cambridge, though have still not figured out transport or accommodation. It may end up that we sleep in my car haha
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    I already have tickets Me and a friend are going over from Cambridge, though have still not figured out transport or accommodation. It may end up that we sleep in my car haha

They are setting up camping areas in lots of surrounding areas for people to camp! I was excited to go to the secret party project straight after but it got cancelled
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    saw them in Ibiza exactly a week ago. They were very good, you lot are gonna have an epic rave!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    They are setting up camping areas in lots of surrounding areas for people to camp! I was excited to go to the secret party project straight after but it got cancelled
    Yeah we looked at the campsites and although I can afford it my friend is on a very tight budget so I can't really force her to pay it!

Oh no!!! The afterparty has been cancelled?! That was our other plan - go there and so we would be out all night and get the first bus back to Cambridge. Definitely sleeping in the car then ha
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Yeah we looked at the campsites and although I can afford it my friend is on a very tight budget so I can't really force her to pay it!

Oh no!!! The afterparty has been cancelled?! That was our other plan - go there and so we would be out all night and get the first bus back to Cambridge. Definitely sleeping in the car then ha
    Rumours are flying about that it's been cancelled !?!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    Rumours are flying about that it's been cancelled !?!
    Yes it's on the website you're right!! Know of any other nights in MK since you're a local?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Yes it's on the website you're right!! Know of any other nights in MK since you're a local?
    I'ved lived in Milton Keynes for 18 years their is nothing I don't know

The basic night-life for every 16 - 30 year old consists of Lloyds, Rumour (A new night club, I really like it), Groove (it's disgusting and i've only been in once, don't bother) and Revs (for the upper class citizens ) All up the Theatre district or the Xscape. It's a bit of a distance from the bowl though. I'm sure their will be camping and field parties everywhere though

Now I have to find something to do afterwards
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    I'ved lived in Milton Keynes for 18 years their is nothing I don't know

The basic night-life for every 16 - 30 year old consists of Lloyds, Rumour (A new night club, I really like it), Groove (it's disgusting and i've only been in once, don't bother) and Revs (for the upper class citizens ) All up the Theatre district or the Xscape. It's a bit of a distance from the bowl though. I'm sure their will be camping and field parties everywhere though

Now I have to find something to do afterwards
    Meh none of these places are going to be able to live up to being an afterparty venue for SHM!!

We thought we might head down to London afterwards but there isn't much on there either. I want go to camping!! Let me know if you find anything decent (obviously leaving this a bit late haha)
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Meh none of these places are going to be able to live up to being an afterparty venue for SHM!!

We thought we might head down to London afterwards but there isn't much on there either. I want go to camping!! Let me know if you find anything decent (obviously leaving this a bit late haha)
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ARE CHARGING TO CAMP!!!!! Me and my friends always camp out and get pissed for fun in these areas! Good excuse to make money eh -.-

There is always something going on in furzton afterwards which is directly outside the bowl with the giant lake.

But yeah, London might be a good idea
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ARE CHARGING TO CAMP!!!!! Me and my friends always camp out and get pissed for fun in these areas! Good excuse to make money eh -.-

There is always something going on in furzton afterwards which is directly outside the bowl with the giant lake.

But yeah, London might be a good idea
    Of course they are charging, no-one ever has free campsites!

Furzton, hmmm, I don't know MK very well, but I'll look into it, thanks! London WAS our plan until we figured there were no good nights on (that we could find)
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Of course they are charging, no-one ever has free campsites!

Furzton, hmmm, I don't know MK very well, but I'll look into it, thanks! London WAS our plan until we figured there were no good nights on (that we could find)
    You could just go to Lloyds/Rumour/Revs from 11 - 3 or whenever you get bored. I'm sure it will be a good night due to the event and such
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    You could just go to Lloyds/Rumour/Revs from 11 - 3 or whenever you get bored. I'm sure it will be a good night due to the event and such
    Yeah, we'll see! Lloyds and Revs wouldn't be ideal after SHM but I'll check out this 'Rumour' place. However that still leaves us in MK at 3am ha, the afterparty was going to finish at 6am and the first bus back to Cambridge is at 9.30am so we figured that was do-able, but 3am til 9am in a bus station? No thanks!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Yeah, we'll see! Lloyds and Revs wouldn't be ideal after SHM but I'll check out this 'Rumour' place. However that still leaves us in MK at 3am ha, the afterparty was going to finish at 6am and the first bus back to Cambridge is at 9.30am so we figured that was do-able, but 3am til 9am in a bus station? No thanks!
    The bus station is right next to my house and it is incredibly comfty if I must say. It's brand new too!

It really is such a shame the party got cancelled Any idea why?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    The bus station is right next to my house and it is incredibly comfty if I must say. It's brand new too!

It really is such a shame the party got cancelled Any idea why?
    Have you actually slept in the bus station after being out for potentially something like 13hrs?? I bet if you had you wouldn't think it was so comfty (I have stayed in numerous bus stations and train stations in my time....too many all-nighters and not being arsed to get accommodation ha).

To be honest, looking at the event it was at the stadium which means that they would need a decent number of people to go to make it viable. Although there will be thousands at the SHM gig, I can't see that many wanting to continue partying after 9hrs at the bowl - many will retire to hotels and campsites! So I bet they just didn't have enough people buying tickets ....though this is completely a guess!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was going but it's too expensive/don't really have anyone to go with
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naarim)
    I wish I was going but it's too expensive/don't really have anyone to go with
    Impulse buy! That's what I did. I was so hyped about something big going on in my home city and though MIGHT AS WELL! Although I genuinely really do like SHM and CV and Example I missed out on the other big names (Foos, Eminem and Prodigy) and haven't stepped foot inside the bowl (expect Summer XS )

It's not too late to get tickets, they usually sell them cheaper at the door
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    Impulse buy! That's what I did. I was so hyped about something big going on in my home city and though MIGHT AS WELL! Although I genuinely really do like SHM and CV and Example I missed out on the other big names (Foos, Eminem and Prodigy) and haven't stepped foot inside the bowl (expect Summer XS )

It's not too late to get tickets, they usually sell them cheaper at the door
    They'll cost me about £150 with coach travel/other expenses :|
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boooo my friend has decided to stay sober and drive back straight afterwards

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 18, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered festivals and live events threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.