(Original post by UPPSY)
1. needs to get coke and mcdonalds everywhere so they can own everything.
2. does what it says either out of not wanting to be democrasized or out of fear.
3. Help for Heros.
1. I'm not really sure what this means. Mcdonalds and Coke hold little, if any, influence over decisions of the US govt.
2. The US has done what it can to prevent democracy developing in The Middle east, arab world, and South America. I'm sick of seeing muslims, particularly on Islamic Awakening, and those that want to install sharia, that democracy is bad beacuse America say they do what they do in the name of democray and wish to bring it to the middle east. The only exception I can think of his 2012 egypt, but America is certainly not acting in the name of Democracy, and it does what it can to prevent 2nd world democracy.
3. Now look, I don't support the army or their cause one bit, but there are some people that join because they genuinly think they are doing the right thing, and on the face of it they are .... the initial reaction to UK troops and their affect on Afghanistan was positive before 2005, from Afghans. It has dropped since. They don't know what they are actually fighting for. Which is much different, than say, Hitlers troops who knew full well that they were trying to takeover europe and create one huge national socialist/fascist state and plunder all the Jews, Blacks, Gays and anyone classed as a "degenerate" to a life of hard labour or death. Similarly, the Taliban, are clearly out to instill a quasi-fascist Religious state in which anyone who doesn't do what the quaran says is severely, severely oppressed.
(Original post by anarchism101)
So, given the topic of this thread, do you think that invading Iraq provided the 'best outcome'? If so, why?
I don't know really. There's a lot of evidence both ways, and I'm knowledgeable enough to know that I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to make a call like that, so I guess it's a good job I don't work for the foreign office. Though, I'd like to think that if I did I'd spend somewhat more time researching it.