The Student Room Group

First year done pretty well, worried I won't be able to keep it up for second year.

I came to university with no much expectation, I am a mature student who never did that well at school, so I thought I'd really struggle, but I have managed to average around 65% this year and I am really happy with it!

Thing is, I am a little worried I will not be able to keep up this in the second year! due to tougher work, living with friends this year so being more sociable etc.

Anyone in the same boat?
I am a young student and I also have a similar attitude, I feel the workload will be too much for me in the second year and my average will suffer as a result. However, I am going to try my best and attend all lectures/seminars, take notes, and read a lot. Hopefully that way I cannot say "what if" if I happen to do badly:smile:
Its a possibility but I'm sure with effort you can repeat the success.:smile:
Reply 3
If you guys want to do well, then you will do well :smile: My grades have only gotten better from 1st to now 3rd year, with minimal lecture attendence. Don't worry, as the work gets harder you'll find you only want to do better and progress.
Hey! Worrying about things like this are just a waste of energy :-)! Cross that bridge when you get to it. In general people do better as the years progress. In first year you don't understand your subject on such a level as you will in second and third year and the more you understand, the better your marks will get (in my experience anyway :-) ) Just make sure you keep up to date with assignments and coursework, and try to do majority of seminar readings and you should do well if your first year mark is anything to go by!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending