The Student Room Group

Anybody studying or works in the film and media area ?

Im going to study film and media next year when i leave school if anybody has any advise or help that would be great thanks :smile: ?? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do as much work as you can, intern/get work experience when you can, and build the best portfolio you can.
Reply 2
Just finished College doing Media Production

Just make sure you do all the work when it gets set. Dont rush around like I did. I'm doing it at Uni in sept so its a good field to study!

If you need a hand in anything lmk!
Reply 3

Reply 4
* and what collage did you go to for media ? :smile:

Reply 5
Bridgwater College in Somerset. Going to be studying with Bournemouth Uni in Sept.
Reply 6
I do film studies and media at college, i really enjoy it but with film make sure you remember the theories and facts. With media keep on top of the work, especially if it's practical because you can find yourself doing everything last minute and you'll instantly regret it! I'm hopefully doing film and tv production next year or creative advertising at university.
Reply 7
Cool is it a good collage then ? Worth going to ? :smile:

Reply 8
Thanks 'emmy' what collage you go to ? And is it anygood ? :smile:

Reply 9
I just finished studying HNC media production level 4 at South Thames college and will be studying contemporary media practise at Westminster in september. I self taught myself video production before college though and was producing music videos oh and I'm a mature student of 27 :biggrin:

My advice is to get a cheap HD camera and just keep filming, writing and editing (download a free software to edit on). Personally I found the technical side of things pretty easy to grasp but being creative in what you produce will be down to you. Be very open to learning about film history and how film has evolved. Watch silent films, the first talkies, the late greats and you'll soon learn that most blockbusters are just rip offs of these lol. As long as you love film/media you'll love to learn about it.

:smile:

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Harryy
Cool is it a good collage then ? Worth going to ? :smile:

Depends where you're from really? I'd reccomend it. It's something like 3rd best college in the country.
Reply 11
Okayy thanks ! :biggrin:

Original post by Harryy
Thanks 'emmy' what collage you go to ? And is it anygood ? :smile:

I go to Bilborough College, yeah it's great :smile:
Reply 13
Where About's is that ? hah :smile:

im doing contemporary media practise! i swear nobody else is! hahahaa
Reply 15
Original post by sophiegeorge5
im doing contemporary media practise! i swear nobody else is! hahahaa

I am at westminister uni :biggrin:

Reply 16
Hi, I need a camera person that knows what they're doing to shoot an acoustic music video for me. I would like to set it somewhere in the city and capture the great views. If there is anyone looking to add to there portfolio or start one please get at me ASAP. Thanks
Reply 17
Original post by BexiG
I just finished studying HNC media production level 4 at South Thames college and will be studying contemporary media practise at Westminster in september. I self taught myself video production before college though and was producing music videos oh and I'm a mature student of 27 :biggrin:

My advice is to get a cheap HD camera and just keep filming, writing and editing (download a free software to edit on). Personally I found the technical side of things pretty easy to grasp but being creative in what you produce will be down to you. Be very open to learning about film history and how film has evolved. Watch silent films, the first talkies, the late greats and you'll soon learn that most blockbusters are just rip offs of these lol. As long as you love film/media you'll love to learn about it.

:smile:

Hi don't know if you still read this post but do you still shoot music videos??
Reply 18
Original post by Priyesh01
Hi don't know if you still read this post but do you still shoot music videos??

Hello. At the moment no I don't, I may start up again at the end of the year.

Original post by BexiG
I am at westminister uni :biggrin:

i think it might just be us two... haha who else is! it cant be that popular....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending