The Student Room Group

Career advice

I have a B.S. in Environmental Science from USA. I am currently pursuing a M.S. in Computer Science and a PhD in Environmental Science. I have my thesis and dissertation pending which I am working on remotely. I wanted to pursue another Taught Course in UK. Any advice is appreciated. I am looking for a 1 year taught course, with high job prospects, I don't mind switching fields either but I really want to get into something which will guarantee me a job after a year.
I was looking at some MBA's from LSBF or some GIS & Remote sensing programs.
Please suggest
Reply 1
in this economy no course 'guarantees' a job

you are going to finish the ms and phd? i suspect that a lot of employers will regard somone who does what you propose as uncertain about what they want to do and unlikely to be a reliable long term prospect

also - doing an mba without previous business experience is a colossal waste of time and money
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
thanks for the post and I understand there is no "guarantee" but which field will have a better prospects? Yes I m definitely finishing my MS and PhD by summer 2013.
Reply 3
why are you not looking for a job that will use you env sci phd or comp sci ms?
Reply 4
I kind of want to put the MS and PhD on a back burner as I am pursuing those remotely from USA, I am having some visa issues and not sure if i will get back to US to finish those. I am determined to finish what I have started but i am still in talks with my advisors to see if I can do them remotely.
In the meantime I was wanting to study in UK... Can you advice me on some programs which I can do where I can use the skills I have learned throughout my career so far.
Reply 5
UEA has a very highly rated Environmental Science department. Can't say anything about career prospects. Google is your friend. Its better to look up on statistics of employment figures for different fields than it is to ask for students' opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending