The Student Room Group

China builds more 'ghost' cities...in Africa.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Aaron_xyz
There are 1.3 billion Chinese people, am I supposed to know every one of them?

No, just enough to know that they as a people hate racial mixing more than the KKK in the 30s.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/01/lou-jing-chinese-talent-show

The point is you are crying like a wittle baby about how you perceive Chinese people to be treated in the UK, when the Chinese themselves treat whites and blacks like dirt in their country.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Elipsis
No, just enough to know that they as a people hate racial mixing more than the KKK in the 30s.

What does that have anything to do with what I said?
Reply 42
What does that have anything to do with what I said?

You were :cry: about how Chinese people are treated here, when I happen to think you are treated a million times better than I would be in China. Therefore - stfu? I have seen behind the Great Wall that the Chinese community puts up, and most Chinese people as a race have a superiority complex comparable to Germans pre-WWII.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Elipsis

The point is you are crying like a wittle baby about how you perceive Chinese people to be treated in the UK, when the Chinese themselves treat whites and blacks like dirt in their country.

So I'm to be personally responsible for other peoples comments who I've never met from a different country?

And yeah your condescension isn't working.
Reply 44
Original post by Elipsis
You were :cry: about how Chinese people are treated here, when I happen to think you are treated a million times better than I would be in China. Therefore - stfu? I have seen behind the Great Wall that the Chinese community puts up, and most Chinese people as a race have a superiority complex comparable to Germans pre-WWII.

Rude and arrogant, nice.

Most? You know the majority of Chinese people? Well done, you judge someone based on the collective.
Reply 45
Rude and arrogant, nice.

Most? You know the majority of Chinese people? Well done, you judge someone based on the collective.

I am judging it based on how difficult it is for whites and blacks to live in Asian countries. That doesn't mean every Chinese person has to be racist. Only 10% of Chinese people have to be racist and you've got more racists than there are people in the UK... I think aside from the odd pejorative directed at Chinese people in the UK, they have it pretty good when it comes to racism - especially compared to blacks and South Asians. No one looks down on you for anything, and the Chinese community largely keeps itself to itself. The one issue I do have is that I rented a flat about a Chinese couple and the fat was basically coming up through the floor boards, I do worry for your arteries.
Original post by prog2djent
I'd like to see them try colonialism and occupation accross the arab world, the logical outcome would be terrorist attacks in China, and tbh, If Muslims and Arabs think the USA, Europe, Nato Force, Israel etc, are bad, China don't give a **** about public relations and would completely crush that world.

Cos Of course the USA really does care about "public relations". Perhaps it is more to do with pummelling money into their puppets in ME that is the factor yhat prevents ME from speaking out.
China can build what it likes. They bought the land fairly and can build what ever they want. Their money. They haven't gone around bombing places, threatening countries to get what they want unlike a certain other ailing power.
Reply 48
Original post by The_Male_Melons
Cos Of course the USA really does care about "public relations". Perhaps it is more to do with pummelling money into their puppets in ME that is the factor yhat prevents ME from speaking out.

More so than china.

The Gap between the US and China is like China to N.Korea.
Reply 49
Original post by Elipsis
I am judging it based on how difficult it is for whites and blacks to live in Asian countries.

So someone like me, who was born in the UK, raised here, is to be personally accountable for the experiences that expatriates/immigrants have to go through in other countries which I've never been to and don't live in?

Original post by Elipsis
I think aside from the odd pejorative directed at Chinese people in the UK, they have it pretty good when it comes to racism - especially compared to blacks and South Asians.

Because surely someone like you, who isn't Chinese, would know?

http://www.sociology.leeds.ac.uk/assets/files/research/cers/Min%20Quan%20Finished%20Report.pdf

"Chinese victims of racist crimes The number of Chinese victims of racist crimes appears to be small when compared with other minority ethnic groups. For example, in Greater Manchester they account for only 3.6 per cent of the total. But when this figure is viewed alongside the fact that Chinese people account for less than one percent of the total population of Greater Manchester, the gravity of the victimisation becomes clear.15"

"Whereas, nationally, the British Crime Survey results for 2003-04 show that the ‘Chinese and Other’ group has the lowest level of risk of crime victimisation than the other main ethnic groups18, empirical research has shown that Chinese people as a whole are more likely than any other minority ethnic group to be subject to racial harassment and racially-motivated property damage19. The Fourth National Survey of Ethnic Minorities20 found that 16 per cent of Chinese people in the UK encountered more racial abuse and insulting behaviour in the past year. This is more than other ethnic minority groups."

Original post by Elipsis
The one issue I do have is that I rented a flat about a Chinese couple and the fat was basically coming up through the floor boards, I do worry for your arteries.

Is this meant to be serious? How the hell do you know my diet based on your anecdote of a couple who happen to share the same ethnicity as me? Generalisation at its finest.

Original post by Elipsis
You were :cry: about how Chinese people are treated here, when I happen to think you are treated a million times better than I would be in China.

You've never been to China, how would you know? Even so, these are my experiences, am I not allowed to make notice of racism which I personally experience just because other people face attacks as well? What an absurd fallacy.

Original post by Elipsis
I have seen behind the Great Wall that the Chinese community puts up, and most Chinese people as a race have a superiority complex comparable to Germans pre-WWII.

Nothing but generalisations and your own personal anecdote. Again, when did I mention I'm part of the Chinese community? I live in a relatively isolated area, my best mate is ethnically English, I don't know any other Chinese people apart from my mom and dad and relatives. What do I care about is the disgusting amount of insults and attacks ethnic Chinese get, if this somehow makes me part of the "Chinese community" which you so hate, then so be it.

And you still haven't explained how its linked to my first comment.

Heres are some comments from a Guardian article about racism towards British Chinese which apply to you:

"Exactly. I am just as equally surprised at the utter stupidity of the whole "Well they are racist against us in China too, so that kind of justifies why we should be racist to Chinese people here in our land as well" response. What are we, little kids?"

You VISITED Far Eastern nations and suffered abuse there. That's wrong obviously. But somehow you call it hypocritical, and compare it with BRITISH Chinese who get abuse IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY? Do you understand? You feel foreign in a foreign country, quelle surprise .... British Chinese feel foreign in their native country. Why can't readers hear grasp this simple concept? Do they call it hypocritical if they get abuse in a holiday to the Carribean, that British blacks should not suffer here in Britain, their homeland?

So you see what I'm getting at? You're the type of person who thinks just because racism for someone might be worse for someone else in another country they can't complain about it in the country they currently reside. Its nothing but a scapegoat which does nothing but mask the problem.

I really don't care what you have to say after this, your mocking, generalisations, taunts and condescension shows your lack of maturity.
(edited 11 years ago)
Lol, say whatever you want, I know as an ethnic Chinese, that most people don't differentiate between the government, its people or its diaspora. You will never understand. You try being called called a communist, dog eater, cat eater, having 'free tibet' shoved down your ****ed throat as if you're one of the CCP leaders. I guess this is just prejudice against power as well? Racism against Chinese is so common in the UK from every social group that I plan to move after uni.

Remember the internment of Japanese-Americans during WW2? Its exactly that.

I'm sure these people are talking about the Chinese government, surely? http://i.imgur.com/xoEgF.png

No, I'm being sarcastic. Saying people are only referring to the 'nation', whatever that means is nothing but a cop-out.

Nope, you're just trying to play the victim card. The fact that you're comparing it to the internment of the Japanese-Americans is even more proof of you're irrationality and need to win 1st place in oppression Olympics.

In this thread, it's pretty clear most people are referring to the government. Every ethnic group from whites to South east Asians are streotyped. I've been called a terrorist. Do you know how many racist comments I can find about Pakistan in the daily mail? What's that supposed to prove? There's a reason why it's constantly not taken seriously and its commentators mocked. The amount of racism against South east Asians has been constantly rising every since 9/11 and now with the whole grooming with a respected historian trying to claim that it's something rooted within Punjab culture.
Reply 51
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Nope, you're just trying to play the victim card. The fact that you're comparing it to the internment of the Japanese-Americans is even more proof of you're irrationality and need to win 1st place in oppression Olympics.

I'm not comparing the severity of it, I'm comparing the simliarities between the illogic behind it.

When you speak with a less emotive and antagonistic tone, then maybe I'll write more:smile:.

Considering this and your other post some time ago, I question whether if you for some reason have a personal vendetta against me.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm not comparing the severity of it, I'm comparing the simliarities between the illogic behind it.

When you speak with a less emotive and antagonistic tone, then maybe I'll write more:smile:.

Considering this and your other post some time ago, I question whether if you for some reason have a personal vendetta against me.

Hahaha at me speaking emotively. BRB quoting you twice ever and assuming I have a personal vendetta against you.

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1310564987331.jpg
Reply 53
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Hahaha at me speaking emotively. BRB quoting you twice ever and assuming I have a personal vendetta against you.

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1310564987331.jpg

You're a comedian
You're a comedian

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/hmbnimbus/bowing-man_med.gif
Reply 55
Why don't they build takeaways to feed the starving things?
Reply 56
I'd like to see them try colonialism and occupation accross the arab world, the logical outcome would be terrorist attacks in China, and tbh, If Muslims and Arabs think the USA, Europe, Nato Force, Israel etc, are bad, China don't give a **** about public relations and would completely crush that world.

You really are obsessed about Arabs and Muslims aren't you? Damn
More so than china.

The Gap between the US and China is like China to N.Korea.

Really? Please provide examples?

What has N.Korea got to do with this? :s-smilie:

Even your initital post- I would like to see China do "colonialism" and "ruin third world countries"-what kind of sick statement is that?
I haven't seen China threatening countries, installing dictator puppets or going to war on pack of lies. We seen numerous examples from the certain other ailing power.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by The_Male_Melons

What has N.Korea got to do with this? :s-smilie:

Even your initital post- I would like to see China do "colonialism" and "ruin third world countries"-what kind of sick statement is that?
I haven't seen China threatening countries, installing dictator puppets or going to war on pack of lies. We seen numerous examples from the certain other ailing power.

You really don't get paraphrasing of examples do you?

Try not to take things so literally.

North Korea has nothing to do with this.

I wouldn't like to see China try colonialism, there you go taking a scenario as a literal idea, are you foreign?

Pretty much any country surrounding China has suffered, especially Mongolia, the North Western States, Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan, and more recently, Nepal.

God, people who become so anti-western imperialism eventually become blind to other types, or current examples of it that doesn't stem from it, or this just decide to ignore it for disingenuous reasons, and agenda ... shall we say.
You really don't get paraphrasing of examples do you?

Try not to take things so literally.

North Korea has nothing to do with this.

I wouldn't like to see China try colonialism, there you go taking a scenario as a literal idea, are you foreign?

Pretty much any country surrounding China has suffered, especially Mongolia, the North Western States, Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan, and more recently, Nepal.

God, people who become so anti-western imperialism eventually become blind to other types, or current examples of it that doesn't stem from it, or this just decide to ignore it for disingenuous reasons, and agenda ... shall we say.

I paraphrased, and did not get the exact wording, but certainly hit the your sentiments.

Why mention North Korea? :s-smilie:

First you say "try not to take things literally" but then somehow from your initial you wish China would take up "colonialism" just to bomb those ME countries. I don't get it. What kind of sick person are you? Who wishes deaths on to others?

From wishing China to take up colonialism, you, then provide examples? Please tell me how Hong Kong is suffering from China? And South Korea? Taiwan? Aren't these place (or becomming) economically successful? If that is China's Colonialism- well isn't that great.
Even though, I fail to see how South Korea is suffering from China?

It is nothing to do with being Anti-Western. I don't think anyone is anti-western. To throw such statements around is really petty. Merely, a lot of people find the foreign policies from the US to France/UK quite disgusting. Perhaps people do care when a hospital is bombed, and mothers have lost their children in a war based on lies whether that is in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam...
Funny, from the moment you criticise the foreign policy, wars or governments of "western nations"- you are somehow anti-west. However did you come to that conclusion?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending