Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All my friends are cheating on their boyfriends

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

In the past week three of my closest girl friends have cheated on their boyfriends whilst on holiday/out clubbing. I feel slightly annoyed with them but obviously them being my friends I don't feel that I should hold a grudge about something that doesn't really concern me. I'm friends with all their boyfriends too and they all have been told and have taken a very nonchalant attitude to it. I myself was cheated on and took it much worse and was genuinely hurt and felt completely betrayed.

So I feel I'm in a strange position where I want to condemn them for their actions but at the same time want to console them as they all feel (somewhat) guilty about it.

I don't know!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Essentially all your friends are gold diggers and ill raised hussies. I can't imagine any guy being okay with such a thing unless they themselves are also cheats or they just accept that this is the class of women which modern society produces today.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    well it seems the guys value their relationships as much as their gfs do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Call them up on it. Tell them It's horrible to watch people you respect act like that.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Them bitches be crazy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If the guys don't care, its probably because they are cheating too.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I feel I'm in a strange position where I want to condemn them for their actions but at the same time want to console them as they all feel (somewhat) guilty about it.

The poor things. All that guilt about their own abhorrent actions that they no doubt keep repeating nevertheless.

What is this, #firstworldproblems taken to the extreme? No pity.

For you, OP... Well at least you know what they're doing is wrong. Time itself seems to stop when you find out someone you love has cheated on you, the world shrinks away and you're wracked with anguish for days. If their boyfriends don't care, they're evidently just as nasty pieces of work as the girls, just so we can clarify that gender is irrelevant here.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be friends with such heartless, insensitive slime, and have severed links in the past on this basis... But tbh OP, you can only follow your heart and do what you think is right. Just, no matter how you proceed, never get so accustomed to being around it that you think it's ok. A single dishonest kiss has the capacity to destroy a person's world.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Chris)
    What is this, #firstworldproblems taken to the extreme?
    This isn't twitter.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    In the past week three of my closest girl friends have cheated on their boyfriends whilst on holiday/out clubbing. I feel slightly annoyed with them but obviously them being my friends I don't feel that I should hold a grudge about something that doesn't really concern me. I'm friends with all their boyfriends too and they all have been told and have taken a very nonchalant attitude to it. I myself was cheated on and took it much worse and was genuinely hurt and felt completely betrayed.

I don't know!
    It's called cognitive dissonance.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this. Very comforting :rolleyes:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well at least the boyfriends know...

It is **** but people are different. I dont think I'd respect my bf as much if he wasnt assed about being cheated on :/ I would personally flip...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't why you are still hanging out with these kind of friends. They are not worthy of your friendship and time. If I were you, I stop wasting my time by not hanging out with them anymore.Let them feel guilty and they SHOULD feel remorse for cheating on you and their boyfriends.

If you are their friend, you should be able to condemn them for their unacceptable behaviours. Also if you don't speak up your mind,who not to say that they might do the same thing to you again? You have already been hurt and betrayed before and do you want to experience the same horrible feeling again?

'A true friend will not patronize you forsake you, lie to you, or betray you.'(Quote written by written by Bud Press)
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    So they are willing to screw around with their boyfriends? Probably means they would screw around with you in a different situation. If it was me I would probably want to start looking for better friends
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Chris)
    The poor things. All that guilt about their own abhorrent actions that they no doubt keep repeating nevertheless.

What is this, #firstworldproblems taken to the extreme? No pity.

For you, OP... Well at least you know what they're doing is wrong. Time itself seems to stop when you find out someone you love has cheated on you, the world shrinks away and you're wracked with anguish for days. If their boyfriends don't care, they're evidently just as nasty pieces of work as the girls, just so we can clarify that gender is irrelevant here.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be friends with such heartless, insensitive slime, and have severed links in the past on this basis... But tbh OP, you can only follow your heart and do what you think is right. Just, no matter how you proceed, never get so accustomed to being around it that you think it's ok. A single dishonest kiss has the capacity to destroy a person's world.
    Basically said everything I had on my mind.

OP, cheating is unacceptable, even in "modernised" society.

Sex has become trivialised to a point where it's considered to be just a physical act, but it isn't. It's something that's deeply emotional and intimate, and your friends' relaxed attitude (both the girls and the guys) is flawed.

The reason why the guys are "okay" with it is because the chances are that they most likely have slept with other girls themselves.

These relationships aren't healthy ones.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't talk to them about it unless they bring it up, and then tell them what you think
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSAL)
    Don't talk to them about it unless they bring it up, and then tell them what you think
    Her friends? If she is a friend I think she should really point out the massive holes in their morals for their own sakes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Her friends? If she is a friend I think she should really point out the massive holes in their morals for their own sakes.
    Idle, i respect your point, and i understand where you're coming from, and i think her friends know what they did is wrong as she mentioned that they're feeling guilty, and a person in a situation where he/she did something wrong and acknowledge that and already are feeling bad about what they did, shouldn't be pressurized by a friend telling them over and over again that what you did is wrong, and how can you do that, what kind of a person you are etc, it won't make the situation any better, but will make it worse for her friends, they need time to think about what they did so when a friend point it out they truly understand and accept where she's coming from and try to fix the situation. yes, of course the problem should be pointed out, but when her friend start talking about the situation first, then we know that her friend is ready to hear about it and know what she did is shameful, and under no circumstances is accepted.
    Have a great day
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

I don't know!
    Well my view would be that it's not really your place to say anything to them. I understand you would be annoyed but really, if their boyfriends aren't annoyed about it, then what good could come out of you saying anything to them?

If it was me I would neither condemn nor console them, I would just be quite dismissive of the subject if it came up and carry on with the normal stuff you do.

If your friends are doing stuff you disapprove of but you want to stay friends with them, you just have to ignore the stuff you disapprove of. Unless you are a MASSIVE influence in their life they probably aren't gonna change this as a result of you moaning at them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    So they are willing to screw around with their boyfriends? Probably means they would screw around with you in a different situation. If it was me I would probably want to start looking for better friends
    Hahahahah this is so absolutely retarded I don't know where to begin.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So messed up

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 6, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.