The Student Room Group

River Island Interview...help??

Hey guys, I have just been interviewed by River Island for the role of a Sales Advisor, and I haven't seen a thread about this, so I thought perhaps someone who has also had an interview with them will me prepare? I've been working so hard these past two months looking for a job, and I've finally landed one; I'd love some help.

Thank you in advance to all those that answer! :smile:
Anyone? :/
Reply 2
Firstly you will have an ice breaker where you tell everyone who you are, hobbies,education etc.

Then you will most probably have a 1-2-1 interview, i got asked things like:

Why are you wearing what you are wearing?
Give an example of a time where you have helped someone that was not compulsory, how did it make you feel?
When have you been given positive feedback, how did it make you feel?
How would you handle a costumer complaint?
When have you worked under pressure, how did you handle it?
How would your previous employer/friends describe you?

There is a lot of questions so come up with some examples before you go in, they are mostly customer related, so make sure you get the message across that you love fashion and strive to give exceptional customer service.
Original post by MrWill
Firstly you will have an ice breaker where you tell everyone who you are, hobbies,education etc.

Then you will most probably have a 1-2-1 interview, i got asked things like:

Why are you wearing what you are wearing?
Give an example of a time where you have helped someone that was not compulsory, how did it make you feel?
When have you been given positive feedback, how did it make you feel?
How would you handle a costumer complaint?
When have you worked under pressure, how did you handle it?
How would your previous employer/friends describe you?

There is a lot of questions so come up with some examples before you go in, they are mostly customer related, so make sure you get the message across that you love fashion and strive to give exceptional customer service.

Oh, thank you so much for that! It really helped; I've heard that you are given a mannequin and, in teams, you have to dress a celebrity up for a special occasion e.g. summer festival - is this true? 'Cause I don't think I'd be any good at that..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending