Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you buy a suit online?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would you always stay away from buying a suit online, and always insist on trying one on?
    Anyone had an experience with buying one online?

This place has amazing deals on suits : http://www.burton.co.uk/
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    i bought a suit from next was fine. However you do need to check the measurements not just on the look. I prefer to buy instore though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Online shopping is one of my hobby. In internet we can easily get lots of online store for clothing, accessories, jewellery, footwear and so on. I like to buy suit online as well as I get lots of discount offer, free shipping service and so on.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would. I know my measurements so it's not a problem really.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd much rather buy instore because if i were to buy it online it may not fit or look right
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moontoon)
    Would you always stay away from buying a suit online, and always insist on trying one on?
    Anyone had an experience with buying one online?

This place has amazing deals on suits : http://www.burton.co.uk/
    already know my sizes bought an armani suit
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would buy in instore, suits are one of those things that have to fit absolutely perfectly and I wouldn't take the chance of buying it online.

Anyway Burton has stores I'm sure. Check where your nearest branch is.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I bought two off-the-rack blazers online. I don't wear either of them as much as I'd like to because the fit is a bit off. There's not enough waist-suppression on the first one, and not enough shoulder slack on the second. The blazer I end up using most is ironically one picked up at a thrift store.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it was a cheap suite (<£200) then yes. But an expensive suit I would certainly want to try it on.

Having said that, you can always take it to a tailors and have it adjusted slightly to get the fit perfect; if you know your measurements, and those of the suit, it shouldn't ever be too far off for a good tailor to fix.
    • 94 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pshewitt1)
    already know my sizes bought an armani suit
    Surely at that price, it would be better to get a tailor fit suit. Also, I do quite like the Next Signature collection suits
    :love:

Also, I got my suit delivered from Next (not signature collection) in the sales
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Surely at that price, it would be better to get a tailor fit suit. Also, I do quite like the Next Signature collection suits
    :love:

Also, I got my suit delivered from Next (not signature collection) in the sales
    It only cost me £200 and fits like a tailor fit anyway, just got lucky D
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why not just go into Burton and try one on :confused: Anyway, I'd only buy online if it was a no quibbles return for your cash or if I had tried them on in the actual shop.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I bought my suit and DJ online, they're both a good fit. As long as you're not really abnormally proportioned, you should be fine.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 7, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.