The Student Room Group
Meals out work OK. I'm not a massive going out sort of person, and so had a meal in a local restaurant with a load of family members, which was a lot more fun that some people would think!
yeh but i wana go out with mates not family!!!!
Reply 3
Meals out with friends are good, but make sure you dont have crap friends like i did on my 18th, thus ending up with me paying most of the bill....
Reply 4
apart from my other celebrations, for my 18th i had 18 chicken nuggets at macdonalds with some friends in school lunchtime - not a good idea
get drunk, get naked, snort red wine then steal something before passing out.
Reply 6
bouncy
Meals out with friends are good, but make sure you dont have crap friends like i did on my 18th, thus ending up with me paying most of the bill....

Should you not pay tho if you've invited people out with you? :eek:
sorry, i'm not getting at you! just i've always expected that i'd have to pay if i take my friends for a meal on my birthday. surely they got you cool presents to compensate?? :p:
Reply 7
For my 18th I went out to dinner with my friends at a local hotel which was cool because after we could go to the bar and have elaborate cocktails and there was somewhere for dancing. As long as you are with people you care about it's bound to be fun, but it was also nice going somewhere we wouldn't normally go as it made it seem more special.
whatever u do-have fun!!a meal out is a good idea
this sounds really stupid especially at 18, but everyone kept telling me about how i was going to be an "adult" so i decided to do the most childish thing and....went to the zoo :biggrin: plus i love animals :smile:
was fun but bloomin cold :frown:
Reply 10
Depends if all your friends are 18 yet.. When we still had young-looking people under 18, we had house parties/parties in halls etc. for our bdays - not necessarily huge, but with a lot of closish friends. One friend went out for a sophisticated day at the races lol.. but my last friend to turn 18 is taking us all to London to see a musical, then we're just going to have a huge night out to celebrate the fact that its now legal for all of us!
oh and then obviously i had a house party the next night and went to the pub the night after that...well i am a teenager :wink:
Reply 12
im going out in liverpool on the friday, coming back to leeds on the saturday n going out in town, then going out 4 st. georges day on the sunday OR will and grace night ... havent decided yet.lol
Yeah a meal sounds like a good idea that what i did. Also have you thought about going on a day trip somewhere too like a theme park etc.
Reply 14
.x.jen.x.
sorry, i'm not getting at you! just i've always expected that i'd have to pay if i take my friends for a meal on my birthday. surely they got you cool presents to compensate?? :p:

Not necessarily. For my 18th, my parents paid for theirs, mine and my brothers meals. My friends and other members of my family had to pay for their own meals themselves. My friends were compensated with the free accommodation in my house though.
Reply 15
.x.jen.x.

Well i tend to buy like the first round of drinks, or meal, but thats just how its done in my family.

and nope no presents :rolleyes:

Latest