The Student Room Group

Festival Volunteering

Any one volunteering at any music festivals this summer to get a free ticket? How do i go about volunteering? I am looking at going to V festival hopefully if i can get a free ticket

Thanks
Reply 1
Here's one site for volunteering, just Latitude/Reading/Leeds though (although that's not a bad thing!) http://www.festivalrepublic.com/careers/

I had a look at V festival and their summer of give campaign is already closed, though someone might know of a different volunteer scheme!
Reply 2
Thanks Elle408 I am going to reading the following week with a ticket i already paid for but thanks for the link i will look in to it :smile:
Original post by Elle408
I had a look at V festival and their summer of give campaign is already closed, though someone might know of a different volunteer scheme!

I believe that V Festival, being one of the more professionally run festivals, tends to pay people for the jobs which would at many other festivals be done by volunteers. Such as stewarding. Paid staff end up working much, much longer hours than their volunteer counterparts so you wouldn't much get time at all to enjoy the festival. So you're probably out of luck.
Reply 4
Original post by thefish_uk
I believe that V Festival, being one of the more professionally run festivals, tends to pay people for the jobs which would at many other festivals be done by volunteers. Such as stewarding. Paid staff end up working much, much longer hours than their volunteer counterparts so you wouldn't much get time at all to enjoy the festival. So you're probably out of luck.

Hahah.... no. I work for a festival company... a rather large professional one (and have done for 11 years) and I can without a doubt say that most of what you said was false. V DO have volunteers, they all do, Glastonbury right the way through to Cambridge Folk festival and all in-between.

All festivals have stewards also, and they will do twelve hour shifts, get (bad) food included, have no breaks and crappy showers, but they also get a festival wristband and paid minimum wage for twelve hour days, which a lot of them, generally being students, are actually there for!

So, for the OP's purposes, there were volunteer positions at V, but the campaign is now closed to newcomers, and I posted a link to some festivals who were still looking for volunteers. As for myself, I'm off to Latitude, V and Leeds this year and will be getting paid quite handsomely to do so, so I'm ok, thanks.

(I realise this post sounds really bitchy, but I honestly don't mean it to. I'm just not quite sure what your post was trying to say as it's a bit contradictory and this is an area that I know really well..)

Quick Reply