Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2 girls sharing a bed... Weird?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and I share a bed with my female flatmate - even though we both have separate beds in separate rooms; DO GUYS THINK THIS IS WEIRD? We don't do it every night, not even most nights, but every so often, and if I was to "sleepover" at a friend's house, I'd share the bed with them too, sometimes even if it was a single.

I think a lot of girls do this (back me up?) but I mentioned to a guy friend the other day and he thought it was strange... Was it just him?

We are both 100% straight (and in our early 20s), and we've done this since we lived together/starting staying over at each others houses; during that time I've been both in a relationship and single...

If it's weird, are there any exceptions?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite cute. . I'm sure that it wouldn't matter, as long as you're both happy and someone's not filching the duvet. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On a first reading I found it a bit odd- I've shared beds with very close friends but only if there is only one...
    However, I sometimes share a bed with my brother because we did it as little children and never really grew out of it, so I suppose that's sort of similar.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all.

Attention seeking thread.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's probably not something I would personally do but I can think of quite a few of my friends who would do it and be completely comfortable with it. I don't think it's overly weird.
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're close mates then no I don't think it's very strange; it's kinda similar to sisters sharing a bed really
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    no it's not weird at all??? i have done this loads of times... i think it's weird to find it weird!!

i guess it's because some guys wouldn't generally share a bed with another platonic guy... it's less common.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It transgresses ordinary social boundaries (considering you have your own beds), but it's nothing too bizarre.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Weird? It's the best thing I've heard all day :lol:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    It transgresses ordinary social boundaries (considering you have your own beds), but it's nothing too bizarre.
    The TSR answer to a simple question.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think its pretty normal yeah
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you spoon each other too? :coma:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelr)
    I'm a girl and I share a bed with my female flatmate - even though we both have separate beds in separate rooms; DO GUYS THINK THIS IS WEIRD? We don't do it every night, not even most nights, but every so often, and if I was to "sleepover" at a friend's house, I'd share the bed with them too, sometimes even if it was a single.

I think a lot of girls do this (back me up?) but I mentioned to a guy friend the other day and he thought it was strange... Was it just him?

We are both 100% straight (and in our early 20s), and we've done this since we lived together/starting staying over at each others houses; during that time I've been both in a relationship and single...

If it's weird, are there any exceptions?
    I only share beds when there aren't enough. Sometimes you get given a double instead of twin room and I share with my brother but I generally don't like anything in my bed except for me so don't like to share and I think I take up a lot of space as well. Having said that I have heard of far weirder things happening.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if i go to one of my friends houses we usually share a bed (well it's better than sleeping on the sofa!)
    i don't feel it's weird, and my boyfriend doesn't think it is either. i wouldn't do it with anyone i didn't know well though.

it's not really any different to sharing a tent is it?

Hmm I can see there are some guys having a field day here. No boys, we don't shower together in the morning.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know lots of people who would probably do this. I personally wouldn't, but that's cos I don't generally wear much to bed...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    That’s not weird. I sometimes share a bed with my female friends when I’m staying over at their place. Even when I was living out with a friend, we would sometimes sleep in the same bed even though my bedroom was right next door, it was easier to sleep in her bed than sleep alone in my own cold one after I’d warmed up my side
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you have pillow fights in your pyjamas?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i share beds with close guy friends too. as long as no one's doing anything weird, i don't see the problem tbh.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are any guys gonna admit to doing the same?

(Original post by ziziii)
    i share beds with close guy friends too. as long as no one's doing anything weird, i don't see the problem tbh.
    Just as I posted lol.

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 17, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.