The Student Room Group

What age is the 'best' time of your life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by printergirl
please, alpharius was talking to me , only i can YOLO him

You're most welcome. In a way, you won.
Reply 61
It's all downhill from here...
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
0-9 months.

Such a simple time :moon:

which no one remembers :tongue:
Original post by paddy__power
When I was too young to understand how ****ed up everything is and I could find joy in most things.

too true
Reply 64
Loads of people say 18 is the best time, but I'm 18 and mine is pretty boring right now lol.. hopefully uni is September will brighten things up a bit
Reply 65
(edited 8 years ago)
I think for me, now.
I'm in year 10 and expect this year and year 11 will be the best years.
Before then, I was always bulied at school and I hated school because I had to do so many lessons I hated. After school, there will be the stress of college, then the responsibility of adulthood and the stress of university and work.
Original post by boromir9111
Who's the chick? :colone:

Emma Stone
Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
Emma Stone

sikkk....she plays Gwen Stacy in Amazing Spider-Man.....learn something new everyday :biggrin:
Reply 69
Been there done that, it's not as great as I thought it'd be vs. haven't done it yet but it's going to be as great as I think it'll be
But okay...
Original post by CJKay
Been there done that, it's not as great as I thought it'd be vs. haven't done it yet but it's going to be as great as I think it'll be
But okay...

You could ask two people who have done the same thing how enjoyable something is and they'll often disagree. He didn't find it too great, she might do.
I agree with those who say you can't really determine such a thing. We live in such an age-obsessed world. I think it's important to just take each day as it comes and enjoy the here and now. It's funny that I say this, given that I've spent most of my life thinking "oh it'll get better when I'm such and such"... literally, aged 12, I wanted to be 17, at which point I wanted to be 21, at which point I want to be 23, etc etc - the fact is there is no 'best' age. A lot of people say it's in your teens, but frankly they're a time of finding out about yourself... you may not have the same problems as you will do later, but they're still full of problems. I guess you're going to have problems most of your life, so you've just got to make the most of every day.
Reply 72
Original post by tooti
18 was my worst age ever, no men around, developed anxiety, hated university, I can't wait to be in my mid-twenties. I'll hopefully have my life together by then!

I could have helped with that. :smile:
Your opinion is quite naive, considering having children is even worse for a mother.
Reply 74
Original post by curtis871
You could ask two people who have done the same thing how enjoyable something is and they'll often disagree. He didn't find it too great, she might do.

No, she told me pretty much the same thing.
And this is coming from a long, happy marriage with a stable family - there's no guarantees any one of us is going to get that as well.
Whichever you make.
Original post by green.tea
Depends. I had a good childhood but particularly enjoyed 9-11. Later my sex maniac years 16-18 and then 20-22. These contrast with really horrible times 11-16 19-20 22-24. The horrible times came about as a result of the good times. I think of them as growing pains.

I think life will be better in future. Had i always had the experience i have now the bad times wouldnt have happened.

Life gets better as you get better at life.

will you elaborate how the 'bad times were a result of the good times'? :smile:
Reply 77
the year I was 17 was the best time of my life so far, I don't see how life will get as good as that again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending