The Student Room Group

Pulling in clubs....any girls who want to give advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehFrance
Lol'd. Pretty much most people on TSR pull statistics out of there arse. Deadly serious.

99% are pure lies.

Reply 41
Original post by hiding12
That last guy was weird, I mean it depends obv a lot on looks. If you had a good looking bloke with average chat and average looking bloke with good chat, Im assuming you would prob still choose the better looking guy, am I right? Clubbing is a bit of woman's playground tbh, there always seems to be more men than women

Yeah the last guy was definitely odd, he wouldn't even take the advice of his mate to stop it an leave me and the mate had to apologise on his behalf.

Hmm, honestly yeah I probably would choose the better looking guy but only because the difference in chat isn't really obvious in a club as it's too loud to talk for long so more than a few words isn't really worth it, and I admit I have done that on occasion when having a guy I didn't really consider good looking trying it on and ended up with a different guy instead that night. However that is a bit of an exception and it would generally only be if the choice was available at the same time otherwise I might go for the "average" looking guy if he'd come over to me first as this average is all relative on personal taste. Also very much dependant on how much I've drunk sometimes as well lol.

And yes clubbing is definitely a woman's playground, I could probably get with a guy every time I went out if I chose too and quite often I also have the choice of more than one guy over the course of the night, though some clubs / nights are easier than others.
Reply 42
what would happen if some random fat ginger dude starting grinding up against you?

how would girls react?

even if he was very confident.. would this be a turn on
Reply 43
Original post by LoveIt
Yeah the last guy was definitely odd, he wouldn't even take the advice of his mate to stop it an leave me and the mate had to apologise on his behalf.

Hmm, honestly yeah I probably would choose the better looking guy but only because the difference in chat isn't really obvious in a club as it's too loud to talk for long so more than a few words isn't really worth it, and I admit I have done that on occasion when having a guy I didn't really consider good looking trying it on and ended up with a different guy instead that night. However that is a bit of an exception and it would generally only be if the choice was available at the same time otherwise I might go for the "average" looking guy if he'd come over to me first as this average is all relative on personal taste. Also very much dependant on how much I've drunk sometimes as well lol.

And yes clubbing is definitely a woman's playground, I could probably get with a guy every time I went out if I chose too and quite often I also have the choice of more than one guy over the course of the night, though some clubs / nights are easier than others.

It sucks really, I mean Im not even bad looking but I do find it difficult, generally seems to be the 'hot' guys who get with respectable women and apart from that a lot of men go back empty handed, lol. There doesn't seem to be any places in particular where the odds are with men, most places men seem to outnumber women
Original post by tooti

The smoking area is usually the best place to meet people because its the only place you can talk! Obviously its not nice but even if you don't smoke and you don't mind the smoke and you have a friend who does smoke you should join them, not even to talk to attractive girls but just for a laugh, sometimes the oddballs you meet outside can make your night!

Thats the thing I hate most about clubbing these days. Too many jokers who go out with the intent on spending half their life in the smoking area. Should move them all onto the dance floor... but hey, I suppose what do you do in a place that plays rubbish commecial crap? :rolleyes:

If you go out just to 'pull' and stew in the smoking area then you're wasting money imo.

Original post by hiding12
It sucks really, I mean Im not even bad looking but I do find it difficult, generally seems to be the 'hot' guys who get with respectable women and apart from that a lot of men go back empty handed, lol. There doesn't seem to be any places in particular where the odds are with men, most places men seem to outnumber women

Depends where you go. Women generaly hang around in 'main strip' bars and places that play cheese and sometimes (pop) indie (if it's a student night). If you're going to some more underground nights then there's more chance of the place being a sausage fest (as women in general tend to only touch the surface as clubbing goes), but people who come to these don't really come with the sole intention of 'pulling'. People go more for the music.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by jblackmoustache
Thats the thing I hate most about clubbing these days. Too many jokers who go out with the intent on spending half their life in the smoking area. Should move them all onto the dance floor... but hey, I suppose what do you do in a place that plays rubbish commecial crap? :rolleyes:

Well the place I go to plays rock music which i'm not really into and I can't dance for sh*t so the smoking area is my favourite part. Oh the joys of not having like-minded friends.

Edit- I pull like once a year and I can't drink (anymore) so clubs are a waste of time as well as money, but I need a social life so I have to put up with it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tooti
Well the place I go to plays rock music which i'm not really into and I can't dance for sh*t so the smoking area is my favourite part. Oh the joys of not having like-minded friends.

Edit- I pull like once a year and I can't drink (anymore) so clubs are a waste of time as well as money, but I need a social life so I have to put up with it!

What are you into? If you'd like to go to a gig then go on your own maybe or look for likeminded groups on the net? I've gone to many shows on my own. There's most likely a scene for the genre you're into if you're in a big city.
Reply 47
What are you into? If you'd like to go to a gig then go on your own maybe or look for likeminded groups on the net? I've gone to many shows on my own. There's most likely a scene for the genre you're into if you're in a big city.

I'm not much of a music lover, i'll like a few songs by different artists but I never really have any favourites and I just don't like the atmosphere at gigs :redface: I don't sound much fun! Its a shame because I live right outside Glasgow so theres plenty to go and see but its just not really my thing!
Depends where you go. Women generaly hang around in 'main strip' bars and places that play cheese and sometimes (pop) indie (if it's a student night). If you're going to some more underground nights then there's more chance of the place being a sausage fest (as women in general tend to only touch the surface as clubbing goes), but people who come to these don't really come with the sole intention of 'pulling'. People go more for the music.

This is indeed true. Painfully obvious that women don't actually enjoy dance music (or dance itself), just treat clubbing like any other get together with friends.

On the plus side, the chicks that do show up in the underground scene are generally more interesting people. But **** they're rare.
Original post by Aisha~~
This is indeed true. Painfully obvious that women don't actually enjoy dance music (or dance itself), just treat clubbing like any other get together with friends.

On the plus side, the chicks that do show up in the underground scene are generally more interesting people. But **** they're rare.

Again that depends. You do get your fair share of snobby hipster/trendy women in the underground scenes. Especially in stylish and 'hip and happening' places in big cities. The sort who have a Tumblr and Instagram account.

I've also met a fair share of women (and men so people know i'm not being sexist) in underground clubland who are high as hell off whatever drugs they take.
(edited 11 years ago)
Again that depends. You do get your fair share of snobby hipster/trendy women in the underground scenes. Especially in stylish and 'hip and happening' places in big cities. The sort who have a Tumblr and Instagram account.

I've also met a fair share of women (and men so people know i'm not being sexist) in underground clubland who are high as hell off whatever drugs they take.

True, but again depends on the genres/styles. Rarely meet hipsters at a tech house set, for example.
I just talk to people.

It works.

**** going up to people and complimenting them or throwing out disgusting chat up lines.
Original post by LoveIt
I'm not sure what I'd actually want a guy to do so the only advice I can give is what has happened to me in clubs and how I've ended up getting with guys, but confidence is definitely important and don't waste your time buying drinks, this is only worth doing if you can guarantee going home with them, though if we get more than one I will always alternate.

Anyway the guys who've tried it with me at clubs. One time I'd had to step back out of the way to let people walk through as was quite crowded and this one lad decided to stop and we just got chatting, from there before he took my hand and led me off elsewhere.
Another time I just walked up to this lad and started getting with him, to be fair I was pretty drunk that evening so don't really remember (and that's the only time I usually make the move).
One time I was sitting in one of the seating areas trying to find my mates and this guy came over and started chatting to me.
Another lad came over with a friend to our group and started chatting to us, came over to me and complemented me so got with him.
Another time my friends were boring me so I was just looking around to see what else was going on and caught the eye of this good looking guy and we just started dancing, not grinding or anything just dancing as I would with my mates and having a good time, which made a nice change.
Another time it was one of my mates I was out with friend who happened to have met up when out and didn't really talk to him or anything but somehow ended up getting with him.
Have also had the standard lads coming up behind me and trying it on, so I'll turn round and depending what they're like they might get my attention or if not I'll move to somewhere else within my group of friends away from them. Though sometimes they would just come and stand closer but no actual physical contact, leaving it up to me and then if I was interested I'd move closer to them instead.

So in short if you happen to be in a quieter area and are able to then do chat to them as I found I had a fair bit in common with a couple of them. If not looking around rather than focusing with the people you're out with will always give you more of a chance or if you can get them when they are away from the group they're out with. Though for me actually coming near to them will be enough to get my attention initially.

The only thing I've ever had happen to me that put me right off was standing in a queue at the bar with my friend and this lad came up next to us to his group of mates and then for some reason decided he was going to start trying to kiss at my neck and try and lick the side of my face, this was of course not appreciated and he got a good boot in the shins but didn't seem to stop him and only went away when he'd finally got his drinks. So don't try anything weird.

Where did that lad lead you off and what did he say to you?

What do you mean when you say you got with him? Did you have sex with him?

How did you get with him if you didn't talk to him?

If you can't tell, I'm a frustrated virgin that needs to get laid. I'm fairly good looking but i just cant really talk to girls at all. My mind goes blank and i just freeze up.
It also doesn't help that my anxiety makes me drink to relax and i'm often too gone to realize what's going on.
Reply 53
Original post by Anonymous

If you can't tell, I'm a frustrated virgin that needs to get laid. I'm fairly good looking but i just cant really talk to girls at all. My mind goes blank and i just freeze up.
It also doesn't help that my anxiety makes me drink to relax and i'm often too gone to realize what's going on.

haha i call bull
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by carpboy
This topic has probably been brought up a lot, so I apologise for that.

However, can any girls out there give me some advice about pulling in clubs. I like to go out, drink, dance etc, but how to approach a girl in a club is difficult. If your online or in a random place(lets say work) then its easy to talk to a girl and have a conversation, but in a club its difficult. Some of my friends just "grind" up girls, some just stare and some try talking to them(even though the music is really loud). But all of these techniques seem to fail quite a lot.

So I ask, from a girl's opinion, how would you like to be approached in a club?

I met my boyfriend in a club. I was dancing near him and turned round and saw him and thought he was really cute. I managed to catch his eye and we smiled at eachother and danced with eachother. He asked me my name and what course I was doing at uni and I asked him the same. He then stepped me away to get some space because it was really hot and stuffy and told me I looked really pretty. I found him really cute and not at all seedy. He was shy and there was something about him that made me smile. We danced some more and then he kissed me. I then had to go because my friends wanted to go home and he asked me for my number. I gave it to him. He texted later that night. We have been together for just over a month.

I have danced with loads of guys in clubs before. But never wanted anything to come from it but the way my boyfriend approached me and way he came across left a good impression. I think it's hard to find a fool proof way to approach girls in clubs. different techniques work for different people. I would say just be yourself. I found that a nice smile and a friendly manner is always welcome. rather than just forcing your company on a girl. smile and wait for a response. she may smile at you, come over to you. she will give you some sign to show that she interested.
Maybe at the bar start up a conversation. It can be an idea to have a 'talking point' for example if i'm out and I want to talk to a guy I'll remark on something that's going on, or say I like his shirt or something (sounds a bit cheesy but in a club environment I actually find it very easy to start conversations with random people). Otherwise depending on how busy the dancefloor is you could stand near a girl you like the look of and it she's interested she will hopefully get closer and go from there.
Reply 56
Original post by Anonymous

Right in answer to all the questions in order.

Basically just took me away from the group of mates I was out with to an emptier bit of the dance floor / club. And being a uni club night it was easier so basically we chatted about what sports we do and he was in a club my mate knew so chatted about that before he invited me back to his for "a beer" - yeah right.

Get with in that case I mean made out, kissed whatever you want to call it. Didn't have sex with him though I have gone back / had ONS / sex with some of the others.

I got with him without talking more through eye contact and moving towards each other type thing and it sort of became obvious that we were both going / wanting to get with each other, though tbf this was the first time I'd properly drunk in my life, so probably not a brilliant example. Though on other occasions when there hasn't been any conversation it's more through eye contact and just generally being able to tell that they're interested / up for it as well.

I don't really know how to help more than that, other than with guys you've probably got to try a numbers game in clubs where women outnumber men, and I could try recommending not loosing it to a randomer on a night out but I did the exact same thing, though slightly unintentionally but not regretfully. And yeah being too far gone isn't the greatest idea, but I understand why, I drink to feel more comfortable on nights out, though I also enjoy it, but I have had nights when I've not known what's going on for parts of it and it's not the greatest / more likely to regret it. Also if you drink too much you're unlikely to be able to have sex if you end up getting with a girl anyway, so maybe think of it that way.
I have a question to those that struggle with pulling, do any of you go up to a woman if you make eye contact (while checking them out, ordering a drink etc) with them or do you leave it? :holmes:
Reply 58
Original post by tehFrance
I have a question to those that struggle with pulling, do any of you go up to a woman if you make eye contact (while checking them out, ordering a drink etc) with them or do you leave it? :holmes:

Surely the majority of guys will say "leave it". For the majority a guy has to be 100% sure that the girl likes them, hence the problems....
Original post by carpboy
Surely the majority of guys will say "leave it". For the majority a guy has to be 100% sure that the girl likes them, hence the problems....

Really but why? eye contact and a smile is surely the sign to go over... I know I go over when this happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending