The Student Room Group

Failed to achieve the IB Diploma :'(

Totally unexpected, but i failed the IB diploma, earning only 22 points. Perhaps the worst decision ever, Math, Chem and Phy at HL.

Can any one kindly advice me on what i can do now, i am in a state of shock coz i was predicted 30 or so.

Could any one kindly answer these questions as well
-Will remarking be of any benefit?
-Are the exam retakes only available in November and will my Diploma state that i have retook the exams?

Kind regards
Original post by TheVoid
Totally unexpected, but i failed the IB diploma, earning only 22 points. Perhaps the worst decision ever, Math, Chem and Phy at HL.

Can any one kindly advice me on what i can do now, i am in a state of shock coz i was predicted 30 or so.

Could any one kindly answer these questions as well
-Will remarking be of any benefit?
-Are the exam retakes only available in November and will my Diploma state that i have retook the exams?

Kind regards

-remarking is only of benefit if you are really really near the grade boundary for a higher grade, as grades can go down as well. Also, IAs cannot be remarked.

-Pretty sure you can only retake in November. I doubt it will state that they are retakes, just that you took them in November...
Reply 2
Original post by beautiful-lion
-remarking is only of benefit if you are really really near the grade boundary for a higher grade, as grades can go down as well. Also, IAs cannot be remarked.

-Pretty sure you can only retake in November. I doubt it will state that they are retakes, just that you took them in November...

Thank you for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest