The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4980
What does the fixed GCSE grade boundaries mean?[INDENT] I only heard about this recently and I feel physically sick. I have been worried since my last exam about my results and they put this upon us a few weeks before.

Say if someone got 142/200 which was two marks over the 140 boundary for a B, would they get a B or a c????[/INDENT]
Original post by shadab786ahmed
I don't know... You didn't seem a Chav until you said peak :tongue:

I say peak all the time :tongue: I guess its sociolect
Original post by JLKeating
I think Geordies win in terms of 'chavvy' words to be fair...beauty of the north east, eh? :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e

That's the general idea I guess :tongue:
Original post by TGG_
What does the fixed GCSE grade boundaries mean?[INDENT] I only heard about this recently and I feel physically sick. I have been worried since my last exam about my results and they put this upon us a few weeks before.

Say if someone got 142/200 which was two marks over the 140 boundary for a B, would they get a B or a c????[/INDENT]

A B
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I say peak all the time :tongue: I guess its sociolect

Yeah it is.. I say weird words... Actually I don't :tongue: but... I hate London terms :tongue:
Reply 4984
A B

Thanks for quick reply, but what about what they were saying? If lots of people got say 144s and they only allowed 10% to get this then am I screwed or is it only fixed for the As and A*s?

Hate it when I hear the people with really strong Geordie accents...think it is quite an ugly and harsh sounding dialect. Good place to live then?! :P anyway, off to bed as I have work tomorrow! 6:15 wake up...arghhhhh! :no:

Original post by JLKeating
Hate it when I hear the people with really strong Geordie accents...think it is quite an ugly and harsh sounding dialect. Good place to live then?! :P anyway, off to bed as I have work tomorrow! 6:15 wake up...arghhhhh! :no:

I see what you mean. & night, have a pleasent day tomorrow :tongue:
Yeah it is.. I say weird words... Actually I don't :tongue: but... I hate London terms :tongue:

I love it :tongue: its not really chavvy. Everyone uses it.
I see what you mean. & night, have a pleasent day tomorrow :tongue:

I love it :tongue: its not really chavvy. Everyone uses it.

Night :wink:
Original post by c3ntury
O hey, I haven't seen you around the thread before.

How're you?

I'm fine thank you, how are you doing? :smile:
I'm definietly getting a Pug dog when I'm older :biggrin:
It's the end of an era... :cry2:

But the start of a new one! :awesome:

To avoid confusion with all the year group changeovers, it seems the right time for us to move over the the A Level forum and carry on there! It might be worth watching the new thread (using the options in the "Thread Tools" box in the top right) even if you don't post so that you don't lose it in the A Level results day madness. :yep:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest