The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iliketoeat123
I nominate charlie + above.the.empyan for maths/sciences/oxbridge/members most likely to be rich/whatever else there is :smile:

Hush! Don't say yet! O_O. Me?! Maths?! Science?!? .-. :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Indeed, the maths category is the most difficult to decide! There are probably 10+ seriously good mathematicians on this thread, so to pick one.. :O

I'd say it's between Charlie/Usy/Empyrean and GreenLantern (the final apparently is doing 9 AS levels? :lolwut: )
Original post by benpearson1
Indeed, the maths category is the most difficult to decide! There are probably 10+ seriously good mathematicians on this thread, so to pick one.. :O

I'd say it's between Charlie/Usy/Empyrean and GreenLantern (the final apparently is doing 9 AS levels? :lolwut: )

You're not supposed to say!!! :eek: He won't do 9 :tongue: he cut down after I knocked some sense into him :tongue: there are a number of great mathematicians :smile:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
You're not supposed to say!!! :eek: He won't do 9 :tongue: he cut down after I knocked some sense into him :tongue: there are a number of great mathematicians :smile:

Don't worry, I was merely speculating and commenting on the number of able mathematicians on the thread :wink:.

and good, I thought that was a little crazy, how many is he doing now? 8? :tongue:
Will everybody please refrain from posting who they have nominated. They are supposed to be a secret, until tomorrow, when the results are announced. If you wish to notify us of your nominations after the awards have been given out, then that is absolutely fine :smile:
Will everybody please refrain from posting who they have nominated. They are supposed to be a secret, until tomorrow, when the results are announced. If you wish to notify us of your nominations after the awards have been given out, then that is absolutely fine :smile:

Arghh...I hate when it says "please rate some other member"! :mad:
Don't worry, I was merely speculating and commenting on the number of able mathematicians on the thread :wink:.

and good, I thought that was a little crazy, how many is he doing now? 8? :tongue:

Ah I see! :tongue: well, what you say may influence other nominations! :tongue: 9 would be crazy indeed! I'm not sure - ask him :smile:
Original post by usycool1

It happens to me all the time when I go to rate you! :h: :rolleyes:

I think you're only allowed to rate a member's post every 28 days or something, which seems a little stupid.
I think you're only allowed to rate a member's post every 28 days or something, which seems a little stupid.

You have to have Repped 40 other people before you rep the same person again :smile:
Reply 130
Original post by JLKeating
Precisely! :biggrin: I feel like sometimes I don't get a proper working experience but then I try very hard to pull my weight like a normal member of staff. I hate to feel as if I can do what I like compared to the other staff and so I try to 'fit in' lol. What kind of career do you want in the future?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e

Um I'm not sure exactly what I want to do right now...for years I did want to do medicine and then become an obstetrician...but the past couple of weeks I've been wondering if that is what I really want to do or not...So I've been doing a bit of research and I'm still not too sure but I think Clinical psychology sounds cool too, so maybe something like that? What about you?
Argh!! My subscription has cancelled!! :eek: I shall renew it tomorrow.. But for now - na'night all! :smile:
Reply 132

Sup. Continuing the tennis thing, the roof only opened after the match!
I won't let this go! :rolleyes:
Argh!! My subscription has cancelled!! :eek: I shall renew it tomorrow.. But for now - na'night all! :smile:

:eek: I renewed mine yesterday :smile: See ya later! :biggrin:

Original post by meeow

Hey meeow :biggrin:
:no: the roof was lowered during the match which caused there to be a delay :smile: Catherine will know, she'll tell you :colone:

Pandora.
:stomp:

During the Nadal-Rosol match, the roof was lowered DURING the match, right?!? :tongue:
During the Nadal-Rosol match, the roof was lowered DURING the match, right?!? :tongue:
Yup, and Nadal didn't seem too happy about it! :sadnod: A lot of people said that the time out gave Rosol a chance to get into an even better frame of mind. :yep:
Reply 135

Hey Charlie I tried to send you a pm but it said your inbox was full, if you can could you make space so I could send the message?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Pandora.
Yup, and Nadal didn't seem too happy about it! :sadnod: A lot of people said that the time out gave Rosol a chance to get into an even better frame of mind. :yep:

Thanks :smile: Yeah, I agree that it gave Rosol a chance too tbh (but naturally, I'm biased :tongue:) :frown:

Original post by meeow

:smug: Pandora's never wrong (except when she says Federer is better than Nadal :tongue:) :biggrin:
Thanks :smile: Yeah, I agree that it gave Rosol a chance too tbh (but naturally, I'm biased :tongue:) :frown:

:smug: Pandora's never wrong (except when she says Federer is better than Nadal :tongue:) :biggrin:
:tongue: Just a bit biased?

Not a chance I'm wrong, I just spent 15 minutes trying to find a clip of it on youtube! :tongue:
Reply 138

Original post by Pandora.
:tongue: Just a bit biased?

Not a chance I'm wrong, I just spent 15 minutes trying to find a clip of it on youtube! :tongue:

:colondollar: I think i was thinking of another match... oh dear!
Although why couldn't he just carry on playing while it was opening? I never understood why they have to stop :tongue:
You seriously need to do some past papers before you move on!! You have no conclusive indication as to where you're at! That would frustrate me so much.

Which content?

Polynomials-I think that content was a bit of stretch on the Further Maths GCSE content but still peculiar.I have created something special for those of you who love maths-lets see if you can understand Exponentiation Ladders.

Latest