The Student Room Group

UK University to study Psychology which fits my criteria?

- FOUR YEAR COURSE! This is the main thing I'm looking for. I don't mind whether it's a work placement or another year of studying but I would really like the opportunity to go to AMERICA. Not only do I love the U.S but for Psychology it would just be amazing!

- Ideally up to 3 hours away from Sussex but will definitely consider a greater distance if it's worth it! Sussex does the America year which sounds amazing but I would rather go somewhere that isn't so local!

- Ideally a place with a Campus and good night-life! :wink:

- Grades around AAB.

I understand I'm unlikely to find the perfect Uni. The most important thing to me if the first bullet point. Thanks for any help!
Reply 1
I know that Essex offers a year in Canada so they might offer a year in US. Good nightlife at the uni
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Surrey University 4yr with placement. Grades AAA but i would expect them to accept yu with AAB!
Reply 3
You know 3 year courses offer chances to study abroad? UCL allow you to do a term and possibly a whole year in many places across USA (they have awesome links with Yale) and Europe etc. and I'm sure other unis offer something similar.
Reply 4
Original post by Noodlzzz
You know 3 year courses offer chances to study abroad? UCL allow you to do a term and possibly a whole year in many places across USA (they have awesome links with Yale) and Europe etc. and I'm sure other unis offer something similar.

The OP said grades around AAB. UCL's majority of offers are A*AA :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Noodlz was just providing an example, not saying go to UCL. At my uni (cambridge) we also have placements in america (for 3 year courses), although you have to be super clever to get the funding to get the placement, and its only for people who do "hard" sciences, since they are funded externally. We also have a lot of americans on placements here (enter any joke on annoying americans here).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by iammichealjackson
Noodlz was just providing an example, not saying go to UCL. At my uni we also have placements in america (for 3 year courses), although you have to be super clever to get the funding to get the placement, and its only for people who do "hard" sciences.

I'm guessing your uni is Cambridge right?
I addded a bit more infomation on the post now. We also travel grants but you wouldn't get the odd £2000 you need for America :P
have a look at the MSci they offer at Birmingham? they do placements in applied psychology :smile:
Reply 9
I know this sounds really obvious, but Sussex would be a really good choice. The course always ranks among the top 10 in the nation, and as one of the university's best departments they pour money into it. Their links with the USA are some of the best in the UK, including UPENN, Berkeley and UCLA, and the entry grades are AAB. Brighton's nightlife is some of the best outside London too, just to add.

I understand that going to the local university may not be for everyone, but maybe consider it :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Kelly95
- FOUR YEAR COURSE! This is the main thing I'm looking for. I don't mind whether it's a work placement or another year of studying but I would really like the opportunity to go to AMERICA. Not only do I love the U.S but for Psychology it would just be amazing!

- Ideally up to 3 hours away from Sussex but will definitely consider a greater distance if it's worth it! Sussex does the America year which sounds amazing but I would rather go somewhere that isn't so local!

- Ideally a place with a Campus and good night-life! :wink:

- Grades around AAB.

I understand I'm unlikely to find the perfect Uni. The most important thing to me if the first bullet point. Thanks for any help!

Well, all Scottish universities offer four year degrees, many with a year abroad in a range of countries (mostly also in the US) but that might be a bit too far away from Sussex :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest