The Student Room Group

Islamabad: Man killed by mob and body set on fire for ripped out Quran pages

Scroll to see replies

I think most muslims nowadays wish islam had never invaded Pakistan in the first place, for all the negative press it gets
Original post by FrigidSymphony
I was taking the piss out of your very poor joke.

Yet again you display your mental bluntness.

HINT: It wasn't my joke. :rolleyes:
Killing is not allowed in Islam, it should have been dealt with in a completely different matter. I am NOT saying that what the people did was right becuase is was inhumane, I am just merely saying it has NO link whatsoever with the teachings of Islam.
Original post by thomaskurian89
Islam is the religion of peace.

My sarcasm detectors are tingling!
Original post by Naziiwazii786
Killing is not allowed in Islam, it should have been dealt with in a completely different matter. I am NOT saying that what the people did was right becuase is was inhumane, I am just merely saying it has NO link whatsoever with the teachings of Islam.

this is patently false, Islam mandates killing of apostates.
Original post by Naziiwazii786
Pakistan is a corrupt place. Islam has got nothing to do with this, so please keep the prejudiced opinions to yourself because thats where they should stay, Islam does not preach violence or harm to anyone in any way its actually written in the quran,
"if you kill one person its as if you have killed the whole of humanity and if you save one person its as if you have saved the whole of humanity"
Now explain to me how that is preaching violence.

Yes it is but it a message to the Jews not to muslims

On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone slew a person - unless it be in retaliation for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew all mankind: and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all humanity.

the next verse says

The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

your lies do not help
Original post by PopaPork
Yes it is but it a message to the Jews not to muslims

On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone slew a person - unless it be in retaliation for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew all mankind: and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all humanity.

the next verse says

The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

your lies do not help

Your lack of common sense doesn't either.

In Islam, there a thing called "tafsir", which means; Explanation (or exegeses) of Qur'an.

Regarding the verse you tried to "personally interpret" and went so far off the radar, here is its meaning;

Allah says, because the son of Adam killed his brother in transgression and aggression,

﴿كَتَبْنَا عَلَى بَنِى إِسْرَءِيلَ﴾

(We ordained for the Children of Israel...)
meaning, We legislated for them and informed them,

﴿أَنَّهُ مَن قَتَلَ نَفْساً بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.)
The Ayah states, whoever kills a soul without justification -- such as in retaliation for murder or for causing mischief on earth -- will be as if he has killed all mankind, because there is no difference between one life and another.

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا﴾

(and if anyone saved a life...)
by preventing its blood from being shed and believing in its sanctity, then all people will have been saved from him, so,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.)
Al-A`mash and others said that Abu Salih said that Abu Hurayrah said, "I entered on `Uthman when he was under siege in his house and said, `I came to give you my support. Now, it is good to fight (defending you) O Leader of the Faithful!' He said, `O Abu Hurayrah! Does it please you that you kill all people, including me' I said, `No.' He said, `If you kill one man, it is as if you killed all people. Therefore, go back with my permission for you to leave. May you receive your reward and be saved from burden.' So I went back and did not fight.''' `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "It is as Allah has stated,

﴿مَن قَتَلَ نَفْساً بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِى الاٌّرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.)
Saving life in this case occurs by not killing a soul that Allah has forbidden. So this is the meaning of saving the life of all mankind, for whoever forbids killing a soul without justification, the lives of all people will be saved from him.'' Similar was said by Mujahid;

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا﴾

(And if anyone saved a life...)
means, he refrains from killing a soul. Al-`Awfi reported that Ibn `Abbas said that Allah's statement,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he killed all mankind. .)
means, "Whoever kills one soul that Allah has forbidden killing, is just like he who kills all mankind.'' Sa`id bin Jubayr said, "He who allows himself to shed the blood of a Muslim, is like he who allows shedding the blood of all people. He who forbids shedding the blood of one Muslim, is like he who forbids shedding the blood of all people.'' In addition, Ibn Jurayj said that Al-A`raj said that Mujahid commented on the Ayah,

﴿فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(it would be as if he killed all mankind,)
"He who kills a believing soul intentionally, Allah makes the Fire of Hell his abode, He will become angry with him, and curse him, and has prepared a tremendous punishment for him, equal to if he had killed all people, his punishment will still be the same.'' Ibn Jurayj said that Mujahid said that the Ayah,

﴿وَمَنْ أَحْيَـهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً﴾

(and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.)
means, "He who does not kill anyone, then the lives of people are safe from him.''

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=786&Itemid=60
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
this is patently false, Islam mandates killing of apostates.

Taqiyya. They can't help themselves.:rolleyes:
Original post by Ray Bradbury
Taqiyya. They can't help themselves.:rolleyes:

Do you know what Taqiyya is?
I think this story is just another excuse for people to critisize Islam again for whatever reason. People are entitled to express their own views but this has nothing to do with the true teachings of Islam.
Original post by Perseveranze
Your lack of common sense doesn't either.

In Islam, there a thing called "tafsir", which means; Explanation (or exegeses) of Qur'an.

Regarding the verse you tried to "personally interpret" and went so far off the radar, here is its meaning;

Ah the pavlovian response of a muslim when his faith is exposed

Firstly you opened your post with a personal attack

Then the attempt to ridicule my knowledge

Then you simply lie

Why did you completely miss the second verse I gave in your ‘explanations’?

The sad fact here is the poster lied about killing in Islam. You can use Islam to justify murder and buy lying to people (I notice you failed to pick up on the fellow muslim lying) and when I pointed this out you launched a personal attack

This is not how it goes in polite discussion so please retract your personal attack on me

Peace
Original post by im so academic
If the country doesn't allow it, it should give prosecute EVERYONE involved in the murder of that man.

If anything it's worse that it wouldn't have happened 40 years ago, yet it's happening now in 2012!

Why the **** does Pakistan allow Saudi Arabia to fund these disgraceful mosques that allows the killing of innocent people?

:congrats:

I echo this. Even as a muslim myself.

Quick Reply

Latest