The Student Room Group

do American schools really look at IB scores?

Ok so I'm in grade 11 and live in America. I just got my results... a six in psychology which seemed fair because I heard 7 is hard in psych SL. But I only got a 6 in math SL. I was partially wondering if you think my math score is low. Because people say how easy a 7 is but my teacher didn't grade very nicely on our IAs and the class I took was AP calc AND Maths SL. We only did a few papers as we got closer. Anyway I'm unsure if scores matter much in America. I don't want the Ivy league but still I'm worried. I'm taking next year SL Spanish, HL history, and HL English. I think they shouldn't be bad but I want a 7 in English haha. But the big one is CHEM HL!! Agghh. Will that mess up my diploma? !? I like science but we cram it into one year here. I'm sorry it's a bit muddled but any advice is appreciated!
of course american schools value IB scores!
your math score is good.
Scores matter everywhere.
Reply 2
I didn't apply to the US but from what I saw from my friends who applied to the US is that US universities cared a lot more about SAT scores and school reports than their IB results.
Reply 3
They dont care tbh as long as you get above a 5 or something. Strictly speaking its better to apply with predictions of 43/44 etc and even if you end up getting like like 35+ your offer wont get rescinded. Hard part is getting offered a place which mainly comes down to SAT's extracurrics etc.
Reply 4
Original post by ZerofeX
They dont care tbh as long as you get above a 5 or something. Strictly speaking its better to apply with predictions of 43/44 etc and even if you end up getting like like 35+ your offer wont get rescinded. Hard part is getting offered a place which mainly comes down to SAT's extracurrics etc.

I was worried if offers were conditional like in Britain because not everyone takes IB. Don't rely understand how schools do predicted grades though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending