The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Liam The Eagle
Screw you, Sawf London 4 eva!!!1!!1!

Why thank you my good man:smile: So eloquently put as well... such a brilliant ambassador for myself and all the other residents of saaf London:rolleyes:
OH SAWF LONDON
OH SAWF LONDON
IS WONDERFUL
IS WONDERFUL
OH SAWF LONDON'S WONDERFUL
IT'S FULL OF TITS, FANNY AND PALACE
OH SAWF LONDON'S WONDERFUL!

How's that for eloquence
Reply 42
south central, elephant, word.
Reply 43
and to the people who mentioned elephant/camberwell, big up. :P
Reply 44
yelwalkietalkie
Hahah, everyone I know who lives in the 'Stow thinks it's a great place to live, once you get past all the crime, poor schools, the boyband... I live pretty much in the village, so I get that nice, semi-scenic area around the graveyard to look at every day. The train station sign seems a bit pointless.. and what sports centre?

Ah, graveyards. Cool. Used to go to St Mary's C of E, so got to see the graveyard at the church a fair few times back in my youth.
But don't get me wrong, been there all my life and it's home. I still love going back and forth from there to uni. It's like two different ends of the specturm. It feels so surreal when strolling around in South Ken and I still think to myself "Wtf am I doing here?" in a good way of course.
And then I come back and I feel all comfy and stuff.

Btw, to everyone, Walthamstow really isn't a bad place to live in. I could probably think of quite a few places that are far worse. :smile:
Walford init.
rockthecasbah
Walford init.

Walford East replaces Bromley-By-Bow on the tube map, fact fans!
Reply 47
dismal_laundry
Lewisham!!!!!

I used to live in lewisham!
Reply 48
I've always considered living outside London to be the preferable alternative.
Bethnal Green, Mile End, Stratford.
Reply 50
Mylla
Bethnal Green, Mile End, Stratford.

But not without a stab vest.. :wink:
Reply 51
East Ham.

Great Place :eek:
Reply 52
I don't live in London but I've been going there quite a lot for interviews. Anyway, Mile End looked kind of rough, and so did Lambeth when I went to the Imperial War Museum...

Sloane Square & all of the area/Chelsea looked lovely...& the area around the main part of King's College too.

Ah well...like every city I guess.
Reply 53
The KR - throws up.
living in a plcae offers two options,

1) one buys the place out,
2) one rents the place for a given time,

is it not a difference of emotional attachment when we choose between the two.?
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 55
galactic_star
living in a plcae offers two options,

1) one buys the place out,
2) one rents the place for a given time,

is it not a difference of emotional attachment when we choose between the two.?
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

No - it's wanting to pay your own mortage rather than some other gits!
mockelinho
Ah, graveyards. Cool. Used to go to St Mary's C of E, so got to see the graveyard at the church a fair few times back in my youth.
But don't get me wrong, been there all my life and it's home. I still love going back and forth from there to uni. It's like two different ends of the specturm. It feels so surreal when strolling around in South Ken and I still think to myself "Wtf am I doing here?" in a good way of course.
And then I come back and I feel all comfy and stuff.

Btw, to everyone, Walthamstow really isn't a bad place to live in. I could probably think of quite a few places that are far worse. :smile:

That's so weird. I went to St. Mary's! What are the chances of that, since it was such a small school? I guess you were in the year above me... um... I'm going to PM you no.
Clarence
East Ham.

Great Place :eek:

My family are from there... I think it used to be nicer, or maybe that was just my perspective when I was younger. Green Street is a bit dingy and like Walthamstow the selection of shops in the High Street is pretty piss poor.
Reply 58
zhivago
Hey, calling all Londoners here. Or, people that, er, know about it anyway. Ok, where would you say are the most desirable places to live in London? Like which boroughs are the most sought after/most prestigious. I know of a few, but I'd just like conformation really. Postcodes would be great and the name of the area; oh and why you think it so.

Thanks a lot!

Bishops Avenue - the richest street in London.
Reply 59
perhaps, but i think it's slightly too far out for the residents to appreciate london itself. i mean, i know it's in the hampsteady suburb and should be classified as london, but it's not like you could get out of bed, have breakfast, take a 15 min walk and be anywhere of significance in london.

Latest

Trending

Trending