Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

A question for muslims...

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhiyaserar)
    since I am a muslim i am biased. This means i think that the deface/dis-respect is more wrong. But their reaction is also very wrong. But to be honest i don't think these riots would've started if the qu'ran and Islam wasn't defaced and stuff. Because everyone will stand up for what they believe in. But that would never be my reaction, i would probably want to start a protest which is peaceful but also makes a point. But in the end of the day no one should be going around disrespecting any religion, because it is wrong.
    Ok there buddy. There is nothing sacred about the cronn it was written by people who were afraid of Muhammad, as he created Allah and the 27 virgins or 73 or how ever many these scribes wanted to keep their heads so they wrote what he said. Those who followed also wanted to keep of their body parts so they pretended to believe. There is no God, no Allah, no ghosts, no witches that fly on broomsticks, no humpty dumpty. So yes it is insane to become violent over a phony book. No disrespect intended, but dude, get real!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mssimixx)
    lets be real for s second. Christians can go to church, when it comes to bible reading time they'll all get out there bibles. When they start christian B has a completely different translation to A, even in the hewbrew its all saying diff stuff. Bible is a book full of contradictions purlease, its a religion based on emotion and they depart from common sense. How many xstians can actually back up with their bible with some concrete scientific evidence? UM I think none. With the Qur'an U can do that time after time again. And that is a big accusation your making about we think war is necessary, like be logical wouldn't we all be starting war all over the place? How many Muslims in the world? Loads. You don't know the basic teaching of Islam and also we follow sunnah as well as the Qur'an. Sunnah teaches us to make love not war -.- go and fix ur ideas.
    Muslims are starting wars all over the place. Just over the last 2 weeks hundreds have killed themselves in a dozen different countries in the name of Jihad for Allah. And the science within your so-called holy book is almost entirely copy and pasted from earlier civilisations or made up and wrong. You say that the bible is full of contradictions but there are so many contradictions in the Quaran alone, let alone before you include the sunnah, that I can't even be bothered to list them.

The easiest bit of 'science' within the Quran to make you wake up about it's falseness is where it states that sperm comes from "between the backbone and the ribs", no mention of balls... Also, like so many cult leaders after him, Mohammed used his status and power to marry a small child. Shame God didn't warn him about a child's brain development not being ready for sex, isn't it?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevinhidden)
    There is no God, no Allah, no ghosts, no witches that fly on broomsticks, no humpty dumpty.
    I am amazed at how people just post whatever crosses their mind, without a shred of proof

Of course there is a Humpty Dumpty, and he sat on a wall.

It's all described in detail in Mother Goose - a book which informs us about many things unknown to science and which we wouldn't know otherwise, such as what are little girls made of, or that forks frequently run away with spoons
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mssimixx)
    Sunnah teaches us to make love, not war
    exactly

Muhammad was a true hippy at heart and sahaba (companions) is more correctly translated as "flower children"
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanem)
    I think this was probably the best answer...
    No, it wasn't the best answer, it was a ridiculous answer, how is defacing a book just as bad as going around throwing death threats, physically harming or killing people?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am a Maldivian and a muslim not extreme not moderate but a muslim who believes in Allah and his prophets teaching. I wonder what the prophet would say if he sees the those extremists who describe themselves as muslims killing innocent people and justify it as jihaad or when innocent people... Fathers sons daughters are killed because someone of their ethnic origin or religion says something bad at islam although they got nothing to with the harassment to islam... He would have never allowed that type of violence and killing of innocent people because during his lifetime he was harassed and treated so badly by the people of other religions and imagine how bad it would have been then... way worse than just a video on youtube..but he did not retaliate once or use violence against them... He used love and peace as a way of bringing them into our beautiful religion of islam which is now being linked with terrorism and violence because of those egg heads like OSAMA or Al qaeda.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Also, like so many cult leaders after him, Mohammed used his status and power to marry a small child. Shame God didn't warn him about a child's brain development not being ready for sex, isn't it?

1) Was Aisha a child?

2) Would it matter if Aisha had been engaged to someone else?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squishy123)
    [/B]

1) Was Aisha a child?

2) Would it matter if Aisha had been engaged to someone else?
    1. Yes.

2. It depends if people today followed that persons example by marrying children. I.e. are they a cult leader? If yes, then it matters. If no, then you can hide behind the "product of their time and didn't know any better" excuse.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Those that disrespect another religion are in the wrong, doing something such as burning our Holy Qu'ran for instance is not something that is done without the intention of getting a reaction. If they don't want a reaction from Muslims, don't provoke them by disrespecting them and our Holy Book.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fee95)
    Those that disrespect another religion are in the wrong, doing something such as burning our Holy Qu'ran for instance is not something that is done without the intention of getting a reaction. If they don't want a reaction from Muslims, don't provoke them by disrespecting them and our Holy Book.
    Islam itself disrepects other religions massively. As do Muslims. Many Muslim states don't allow the ownership of bibles, or the meeting of Christians. Mohammed himself also persecuted pagans and killed them. So this live and let live attitude that you seem to have adopted is a one way thing...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Islam itself disrepects other religions massively. As do Muslims. Many Muslim states don't allow the ownership of bibles, or the meeting of Christians. Mohammed himself also persecuted pagans and killed them. So this live and let live attitude that you seem to have adopted is a one way thing...
    You provide no proof and no evidence but as you are so confident in your response, please prove that every Muslim that has lived, or is living is disrespectful to other religions. That should be an easy one for you.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Counter example - Whilst Jerusalem was in "Muslim" hands as you call it, Jews and Christians were allowed to keep their faith.

Could you also define a Muslim state?
    Would it be acceptable if I said Christian Germany was responsible for the Holocaust or secular Britain was responsible for what was essentially, systematic killing during the Boer war?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Savvy Sage)
    You provide no proof and no evidence but as you are so confident in your response, please prove that every Muslim that has lived, or is living is disrespectful to other religions. That should be an easy one for you.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Counter example - Whilst Jerusalem was in "Muslim" hands as you call it, Jews and Christians were allowed to keep their faith.

Could you also define a Muslim state?
    Would it be acceptable if I said Christian Germany was responsible for the Holocaust or secular Britain was responsible for what was essentially, systematic killing during the Boer war?
    I have no qualms with admitting that yes, as long as Christians and Jews paid their extra taxes to the Muslim state, they were largely left alone. It is really pagans that suffered. You might notice that they were the majority of Arabia prior to Mohammed, and were almost all gone when he died. Not because his message was strong but because his armies were.

I would define a Muslim state as a country that is 99% Muslim, where the rulers are Muslim and attempting to invoke Sharia law from the haddith and Quaran on everybody. If we take Mecca as an example, this is a no go zone for non-Muslims. They simply aren't even allowed into this part of the planet.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhiyaserar)
    It is not the fact that they are burning the book, it is just that they are burning the words of allah. and that is why there is such an extreme reaction.
    ...it's burning paper and ink :erm: Get a grip.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algorithm69)
    What an absolutely disgusting viewpoint. How dare you say that uttering words and expressing an opinion that are potentially offensive is a more immoral act than physical attacks and destruction of property. What planet do you live on? I'm utterly in shock that I just read this on a forum for students.

EDIT: The amount of negs this is getting is truly terrifying. I can't believe so many people on this forum hold such barbaric and backward viewpoints.
    I can't believe that some people in this forum can hardly express their view on something in a mature way of thinking i.e. be tolerant with the fact that people will have different views and if you want to respond to that, know your manners?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fee95)
    Those that disrespect another religion are in the wrong
    some religions fully deserve the disrespect they get
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    1. Yes.
    Evidence?

2. It depends if people today followed that persons example by marrying children. I.e. are they a cult leader? If yes, then it matters. If no, then you can hide behind the "product of their time and didn't know any better" excuse.
    You didn't answer the question. I'll rephrase: Aisha was engaged to be married to someone else before Muhammad and yet to are trying to prove that Muhammad was a "pedophile" (still not established) when clearly the practice of the Arabians was to get their children married off as quickly as possible once they hit puberty?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Evidence?

You didn't answer the question. I'll rephrase: Aisha was engaged to be married to someone else before Muhammad and yet to are trying to prove that Muhammad was a "pedophile" (still not established) when clearly the practice of the Arabians was to get their children married off as quickly as possible once they hit puberty?
    So what you are saying is that you model yourself on a medieval Arabian rather than someone who could speak to God or an angel? Well i'm glad we agree on something
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So what you are saying is that you model yourself on a medieval Arabian rather than someone who could speak to God or an angel? Well i'm glad we agree on something
    1) No evidence provided yet suggesting that Aisha was a child.

2) It seems the point went completely over your head. If Aisha was engaged to be married to someone else before Muhammad, would that not indicate that in Arabia, at least, ladies got married at a young age usually when they hit puberty?

3) It seems you are reading too much into things, assuming things about me without really answering the question. You don't really answer questions which you have no answer for, I've noticed. You dither and hop on either foot hoping to draw the other user into an argument about something really unrelated.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    1) No evidence provided yet suggesting that Aisha was a child.

2) It seems the point went completely over your head. If Aisha was engaged to be married to someone else before Muhammad, would that not indicate that in Arabia, at least, ladies got married at a young age usually when they hit puberty?

3) It seems you are reading too much into things, assuming things about me without really answering the question. You don't really answer questions which you have no answer for, I've noticed. You dither and hop on either foot hoping to draw the other user into an argument about something really unrelated.
    1. The Haddith, poor evidence I know but Muslims love it none the less.

2. It doesn't matter what other people did in 7th century Arabia. The point is going over your head. Mohammed was meant to be above normal people and not do the wrong things they did that God disliked. Either God endorses boning people with the mind of a child i.e. rape, or he doesn't and Mohammed wasn't speaking to God.

3. If you say so.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    1. The Haddith, poor evidence I know but Muslims love it none the less.

2. It doesn't matter what other people did in 7th century Arabia. The point is going over your head. Mohammed was meant to be above normal people and not do the wrong things they did that God disliked. Either God endorses boning people with the mind of a child i.e. rape, or he doesn't and Mohammed wasn't speaking to God.

3. If you say so.
    Don't worry, you might have the opportunity to argue with God on Judgment day. You might even get weapons so you can try and fight Him about His Decree.
Updated: November 27, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.