The Student Room Group

changing course

Ok basically, I applied to study media and entertainment technology at Portsmouth, but since finishing college I want to now do a course on TV and film, I found a course at portsmouth that is perfect, but iv already confirmed media as my firm choice, is there a way through clearing that I can change my course?

thanks for all help.
Reply 1
Original post by vaux94
Ok basically, I applied to study media and entertainment technology at Portsmouth, but since finishing college I want to now do a course on TV and film, I found a course at portsmouth that is perfect, but iv already confirmed media as my firm choice, is there a way through clearing that I can change my course?

thanks for all help.

Through UCAS, you can contact the university and ask to be released from your "firm" choice. However, there is no guarantee that Portsmouth TV & Film will accept you.

I suggest that you contact both departments at the university to see if you can get a transfer between courses, rather than risk going into clearing with no other options. :yep:
If you don't manage to get it changed before you take up a degree course there, don't worry too much as the two courses are relatively similar, so there is a high chance that you will be able to switch between the two once you've started there anyway, provided you've made all of the admissions criteria :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending