The Student Room Group

IB bilingual diploma

I was awarded the IB bilingual diploma, but as far as I know, you need to have two Languages A to achieve it. I just had one Language A, a Language B HL and an AB initio Language. Why is it? Does it make any difference to have the bilingual diploma?

I was just pretty surprised and I'm curious about it!
Reply 1
It's two languages A or one language A and one language B HL. :smile:
Reply 2
I had two languages A. You can also achieve a bilingual diploma if you write your Extended Essay in a language that isn't your A1. I don't know how much of a difference it makes. It definitely sounds really good.
Reply 3
Original post by Saelie
It's two languages A or one language A and one language B HL. :smile:

Original post by lothiriel
I had two languages A. You can also achieve a bilingual diploma if you write your Extended Essay in a language that isn't your A1. I don't know how much of a difference it makes. It definitely sounds really good.

Aaaah, so that makes more sense. That's great then, thank you girls! :wink:
Reply 4
Not to digress or anything, but will we ever see any benefits whatsoever from our bilingual diploma?
Reply 5
Original post by Eldedu
Not to digress or anything, but will we ever see any benefits whatsoever from our bilingual diploma?

Good question. I'd like to think there are some benefits, but to be honest I don't think there would be much of a difference, unless you want to do languages. I'd see that as a plus then. No real idea about it though :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by Nunnally
Good question. I'd like to think there are some benefits, but to be honest I don't think there would be much of a difference, unless you want to do languages. I'd see that as a plus then. No real idea about it though :s-smilie:

Having endured the whole bilingual diploma, four hls nonsense I'm now starting to feel it's all a major ripoff. Future ib students, hear this: it's all about the points.
Reply 7
Original post by Eldedu
Having endured the whole bilingual diploma, four hls nonsense I'm now starting to feel it's all a major ripoff. Future ib students, hear this: it's all about the points.

Haha, agreed. After all universities just look at your grades, not how many HLs you have.
Reply 8
in order to study in germany you need to have german A at HL and at least one other A language. so a billingual diploma might be good if you want to study in germany or switzerland... i think austria is not that strict...some american universities require a bilingual diploma if you want to study languages...not sure why since the high school diploma is usually not billingual so it's not for fairness reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending