The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Original post by Hannahmc770
what hours did you apply for?

20 hours a week, 5.30-9.30 every weekday, which would be perfect then hopefully overtime over summer because I told them i'd stay here. you?
Original post by klika89
none

Cheers! I spent about 20mins lol
Some of them were difficult lmaoo!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2122
Hi I have just received a text from Primark, saying a complaint has been made about me and to report to HR before my next shift I only work one day a week!. It doesn't look genuine, do you think it is someone plaing a joke.? Or do they text you if a complaint has been made, just a bit concerned as I am always pleasant and polite
Original post by edem000
Well I also told them am not sure I would be available during the Christmas period and the lady said they don't allow vacations during that time. But I still got the job.

I hope they will still consider me then. I said there was the possibility of staying in Liverpool over the summer and just going home using 2 weeks holiday, it would suck not seeing my family much though. Congratulations on the job!
Reply 2124
Hi , just found out that my text was an April fool!
Original post by dk21
20 hours a week, 5.30-9.30 every weekday, which would be perfect then hopefully overtime over summer because I told them i'd stay here. you?

Theyre the hours my friend had her interview on the 19th for too, she still hasn't heard back. My hours are 10:30-8 on a Saturday and 10:30-7 on Sunday :smile:
Reply 2126
Theyre the hours my friend had her interview on the 19th for too, she still hasn't heard back. My hours are 10:30-8 on a Saturday and 10:30-7 on Sunday :smile:

Ah right okay, hopefully it'll be good news for both of us then :smile: That sounds alright, good luck in your induction!
Reply 2127
I start my first shift very soon at Tottenham court road. I think I've been contracted the womenswear department. Heard its the worst department. Does anyone work in this department, how is it? Im a guy don't know nothing about women's clothing. Lol Also would I be working there all the time or can it change as its not in my contract I have just been told an the induction?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FUT
I start my first shift very soon at Tottenham court road. I think I've been contracted the womenswear department. Heard its the worst department. Does anyone work in this department, how is it? Im a guy don't know nothing about women's clothing. Lol Also would I be working there all the time or can it change as its not in my contract I have just been told an the induction?

Tottenham Court Rd store is busy so that's why people may say it's bad. Personally I do not find ladieswear bad - remember that each department has sections like jeans, knitwear, t-shirs, sportswear, formal so it really depends where exactly do you work. You will also learn abut the range quicker than you think, so don't worry.
Of you were told on induction that this is your department then it will be your department most of the time, unless you sign up for overtime at another one.
Original post by Louisecxx
I got the job, yay!
But when they phoned to tell me I was very surprised and forgot to ask any questions, like where the induction is, will they be emailing me this information??

Well done! They didn't tell me where my induction was either but i just assumed it was at Primark itself. She did tell me she would send an email nearer time with all information on about induction. My induction is on Tuesday and I still don't have an email though, hopefully it'll come on Monday. Which Primark will you be working at?
Well done! They didn't tell me where my induction was either but i just assumed it was at Primark itself. She did tell me she would send an email nearer time with all information on about induction. My induction is on Tuesday and I still don't have an email though, hopefully it'll come on Monday. Which Primark will you be working at?

Inductions are always in your store, unless it's for the new store
Original post by klika89
Inductions are always in your store, unless it's for the new store

Yeah I thought so haha :smile:
Had a interview the other day, said i would be notified of my status in 7-10 days, been about 2 weeks haven't heard anything. Does anyone know how to find details of a store to check my status and if i should?
much appreciated
Original post by Stack7z
Had a interview the other day, said i would be notified of my status in 7-10 days, been about 2 weeks haven't heard anything. Does anyone know how to find details of a store to check my status and if i should?
much appreciated

After two weeks of not hearing its most likely you've got the job and they're trying to fit shifts in, or your application is on hold or they're looking more into your application. I've heard that if you ring up to enquire about your application they automatically reject your application. No idea if it's true, but I wouldn't risk it.
After two weeks of not hearing its most likely you've got the job and they're trying to fit shifts in, or your application is on hold or they're looking more into your application. I've heard that if you ring up to enquire about your application they automatically reject your application. No idea if it's true, but I wouldn't risk it.

Not true as far as I know but different stores can be doing differently
Yeah I'm not too sure either, but I read through this whole thread last month and I saw like two comments about it being true. No idea though
I applied for a temp position on 31 March ,
Usually I get the rejection email within 2 days lol this time I haven't received anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I got my interview date 2-3 weeks after applying.

What are the best shoes to wear at primark, I don't have a uniform I just have to look smart so don't really want trainers, though I would prefer comfortable shoes?
Original post by Louisecxx
I think I got my interview date 2-3 weeks after applying.

What are the best shoes to wear at primark, I don't have a uniform I just have to look smart so don't really want trainers, though I would prefer comfortable shoes?

Any black flat pumps ? H&m,new look & Primark sell decent ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't heard back ,it's been 12 days now *worried*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending