The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr. Spëghnks
Okay thats really helpful, thank you!

Do you know how long it usually takes and if you get paid for it?

I believe mine was around six hours and yes, you do get paid for it. :smile:
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
Something like that haha, hated working in Primark though, even for part-time, it sucked,

I've been working there for a few months and I love the people there, I disliked one supervisor though, a little big headed haha

But everyone else; managers and colleagues are wonderful! At first I couldn't tolerate the atmosphere but it got better! Overall, not bad! :tongue:
Reply 2602
What's the hourly rate for a 17 year old? And to anyone that works there - can you tell me a bit about what it's like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rhia9
What's the hourly rate for a 17 year old? And to anyone that works there - can you tell me a bit about what it's like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one will be able to tell you the exact hourly rate since it varies based on region but it will probably be around £4-£5 per hour.

In terms of what it's like, is there anything more specific you'd like to ask since there's quite a lot to cover.

Do you have a job offer or interview? :smile:
Original post by rhia9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think it's like £4 something an hour,
I love it =) Im mostly on tills but i'm also customer service and floor trained so I kinda bounce around wherever is the busiest,

In my store everyone is so friendly and we all get on so well, I think i got really lucky because I have amazing managers as well

It's a really fun job, and theres always loads of overtime =)
Reply 2605
Original post by ROC10
No one will be able to tell you the exact hourly rate since it varies based on region but it will probably be around £4-£5 per hour.

In terms of what it's like, is there anything more specific you'd like to ask since there's quite a lot to cover.

Do you have a job offer or interview? :smile:

Hi thanks for your reply. I'm thinking like what kind of tasks you do day to day, whether or not you're given your own section, how strict management is and if you're always being watched or just left to do your thing etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rhia9
Hi thanks for your reply. I'm thinking like what kind of tasks you do day to day, whether or not you're given your own section, how strict management is and if you're always being watched or just left to do your thing etc.

Well my department is tills so that's where I normally work. If it's quieter, I'll sometimes do some work on the shop floor. Basically, you will either be assigned to tills, fitting rooms, customer services or a department. If you are on a department, you will be given your own section and, in my experience, you won't be watched all the time - the supervisor or manager will generally check in with you regularly. However, as I said, that is my experience, and this will vary with individual stores and supervisors.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions! :smile:
Reply 2607
Original post by ROC10
Well my department is tills so that's where I normally work. If it's quieter, I'll sometimes do some work on the shop floor. Basically, you will either be assigned to tills, fitting rooms, customer services or a department. If you are on a department, you will be given your own section and, in my experience, you won't be watched all the time - the supervisor or manager will generally check in with you regularly. However, as I said, that is my experience, and this will vary with individual stores and supervisors.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions! :smile:

That's really helpful! I've applied there as I want to leave my current job in a jewellers. I wanna work with other young people in a bigger store where it's a bit more flexible really! Do you have to work weekends if you're contracted to do weekdays?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rhia9
That's really helpful! I've applied there as I want to leave my current job in a jewellers. I wanna work with other young people in a bigger store where it's a bit more flexible really! Do you have to work weekends if you're contracted to do weekdays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you won't work weekends.

There are full time and part time weekday staff and then there are weekend staff. Weekend staff also cover bank holidays.
What was last months pay dates? I'm not sure when the cut off was and just been paid
Reply 2610
Hi guys,

Just applied for a night shift post. How much do they pay per hour?
Original post by cali77
What was last months pay dates? I'm not sure when the cut off was and just been paid

It was Friday we got paid, the cut off was the 2nd July
Hi guys I applied to like 6 primark jobs 2-3 weeks ago and on the website it says its under review. It also says 07-Jul-2016 under job status and 25 June for HR status , how long do they take to get back to you ? and what does those status mean?. Thanks
Original post by Keerthan26
Hi guys I applied to like 6 primark jobs 2-3 weeks ago and on the website it says its under review. It also says 07-Jul-2016 under job status and 25 June for HR status , how long do they take to get back to you ? and what does those status mean?. Thanks

They called me within a week to offer an interview then it was about a month before they offered me the job
Original post by Jackieox
They called me within a week to offer an interview then it was about a month before they offered me the job

Oh thanks , Should I just wait a bit longer or is there anything i can do :frown: ?
Original post by Keerthan26
Oh thanks , Should I just wait a bit longer or is there anything i can do :frown: ?

I guess if you haven't heard within 2 weeks its usually a no...it depends on the store though because like I said the offer for me took over a month, but if you haven't even heard back for interview i'd say its unlikely you've got it =/
Original post by Jackieox
I guess if you haven't heard within 2 weeks its usually a no...it depends on the store though because like I said the offer for me took over a month, but if you haven't even heard back for interview i'd say its unlikely you've got it =/

ahh alright thanks.
Original post by S1939
Hi guys,

Just applied for a night shift post. How much do they pay per hour?

Depends on the area and your age, it should have been on the job listing though, check it again
Whenever I apply for a job at Primark, I get automated rejection emails... I have answered every question when applying. Why do you think I get rejected?
i applied to primark using a different account but they say I've done any assessments needed when i haven't?

Quick Reply