Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Problem with my camera

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I bought a Panasonic DMC-S3EB-KA Digital Camera Olympic Version - Black and a SDHC card from amazon recently, every time i put the card in it say try another card or Insert SD card again, what could be the problem with it?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myotherone)
    Hi all,

I bought a Panasonic DMC-S3EB-KA Digital Camera Olympic Version - Black and a SDHC card from amazon recently, every time i put the card in it say try another card or Insert SD card again, what could be the problem with it?
    Have you isolated it as a camera or card problem (ie, have you tried that card in another camera)?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Have you isolated it as a camera or card problem (ie, have you tried that card in another camera)?
    I don't have another camera is the problem to see what the problem is, my old one broke and doesn't work at all and i can't find the card from it
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myotherone)
    I don't have another camera is the problem to see what the problem is, my old one broke and doesn't work at all and i can't find the card from it
    Do you have a friend with a digital camera that you can test it in? Also, are you sure you're putting it in the right way (most physically won't allow it to go in incorrectly, but some do and just don't work)?

My advice will be to send whatever is broken back, but you don't want to be sending back the wrong thing.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    First up, try formatting the card in the camera. Go on the menu and often near the bottom you'll have an option to 'format'. It'll give you a couple 'are you sure's, but just hit yes and see if it'll format it. Nine times out of ten a format solves SD card problems. If that doesn't work, most modern laptops and PCs have an SD card slot in the side/front of them. Push the card in there (sticker side up) and see if it'll mount onto the Desktop/My Computer. If it does, format it using the computer (use Google if you don't know how) and then try it in the camera again. If it won't mount onto the computer then it's a card issue and send it back. Was it a cheap card? Usually Transcend is the only cheaper brand I'd recommend, other than the proper brands like Lexar, Sandisk, and Fuji. If it works fine in the computer and will format, but still won't work in the camera, it may well be the camera, but I'd try another card first if you can just to make sure before you send the camera back. Almost everyone has an SD card banging about in the bottom of a drawer somewhere, try some family members.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with @Nuffles advising you to reformat the camera. If you do so and the problem is still on the picture, try to use the issued warranty. Newly bought items is given a warranty for sure.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HughTFall)
    I agree with @Nuffles advising you to reformat the camera. If you do so and the problem is still on the picture, try to use the issued warranty. Newly bought items is given a warranty for sure.
    Based upon the OP it never gets to the stage of having the option of formatting the card, it "spews it out before then".

So try formating on the PC to see if that will at least allow the camera to get to the stage where it can format the card correctly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    @evening sunrise, There is an option for you to reformat directly on the camera. However, if it is not successful, then try it on the PC. Any ways, the point here is to determine where the problem is. Is it on the camera, or the card?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HughTFall)
    @evening sunrise, There is an option for you to reformat directly on the camera. However, if it is not successful, then try it on the PC. Any ways, the point here is to determine where the problem is. Is it on the camera, or the card?
    I know that. The OPs camera rejects the card before they get the option to format.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 23, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.